Need Facts About CutCo Knives (Please be as objective as possible)

As has been pointed out, Cutco is a long time rip-off artist, cheating both the people who sell them, and who buy them. That said, they make the world's best, most useful spatula/spreader/sandwich knife on the planet. One that has the perfect amount of flex, usable serrations (which can actually be sharpened), and will reach that last bit of mayo in the bottom of that huge jar. Would I pay 80 bucks for one? Not on your life. But a diligent skinflint like myself can end up with 3 of them for less than 10 bucks apiece. :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QA77k1ALL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh, and Seeking Truth. Sell Tupperware....at least the product works well. LOL

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys. Yeah, I'm definitely not going to spend my summer selling this people, especially family and friends... It's just too much BS for someone like me. My dad still wants me to give him the presentation... and again, my dad is a veteran salesmen (Not of CutCo, but selling in general) and when I expressed my concerns about selling this product he was able to figure everything out in like 10 seconds, without having to research the product at all. I'm going to recommend we buy some Henkel's or Victoria's instead that I saw on sale for about 99-150 dollars.

Well hello, As someone who has had direct contact with Cutco been a top producer. Trained several of their very best Including Matt Lamb, who broke all sorts of records with Cutco, first yes The program is a full on scam. And IMO without much doubt you have been allowed to pull a not so fast one here. I can see you with print outs of the positive post going to see your "friends" with a $1000 knife package they just have to have. It is pure tier marketing and based on the emotion that everyone feels a little sadness and failure in their life and they hate to see you go through it. Only the most lethal and predatory young men and women make it. No one makes it long, because all the promises they offer keep getting placed just out of reach, with handsome rewards along the way. YES, I have seen the $3500 a week checks and the "loaded" American Express gift cards. But in the wake of that were "friends" who could not make a house payment, strapped with a $2500 knife payment.

As far as the knives go, they are solid, but not special. They come from the factory razor sharp and quickly dull, and NO ONE except Cutco can return them to their original condition. Try it and you WILL HAVE JUNK. This pattern is expected to repeat itself 3 times in the "cycle" for the product manager to achieve his full draw on purchase. Meaning Sharpening, which leads to contact again with Cutco marketing designed to NEVER allow a customer out of debt. But if you do plan to purchase, know that 70 plus % of the "members" leave money on the table. The Agent has , based on his/her level up to 40% gross sale to give away. Anything they "keep" is pure profit , IF they can produce this 5 times in a given week. So based on the fact that the knives, must be forever professionally maintained, During which time Cutco is going to badger you to buy more product you did not need, and your "FRIEND" is withholding free products in order to get further in a line, they will NEVER reach, I have seen many Friendships lost. The handles will melt in certain dishwashers, seen it at least 10 times on various knives. No warranty on the melt, washer error, lol. In the end, save the > $ 2000 and buy you a good set < $ 400 at many stores. Plus you will be saving a friendship and putting some young kid to work without a broken dream, after wasting 2-3 years with Cutco. Those regional jobs just do not exist. And if so , not for long.
Yeah.. This doesn't sound good. Whose Matt Lamb?

It's Entrek.

It's 440C, not 440A.

It's hell, not he'll.

Welcome to Bladeforums. Have a seat. Read some stuff.

Thanks for all the info guys. Yeah, I'm definitely not going to spend my summer selling this people, especially family and friends... It's just too much BS for someone like me. My dad still wants me to give him the presentation... and again, my dad is a veteran salesmen (Not of CutCo, but selling in general) and when I expressed my concerns about selling this product he was able to figure everything out in like 10 seconds, without having to research the product at all. I'm going to recommend we buy some Henkel's or Victoria's instead that I saw on sale for about 99-150 dollars.
Great choice! Good luck in your endeavors.

One thing I've discovered through this experience is that I find knives very interesting.. Are there any other knife selling opportunities?

I hate the handles. They way they shape them is just weird.

That's actually what I like most about them. Again, I'm agreeing with the consensus here that they are overpriced from an objective physical standpoint. However, value is still on some level a subjective quality. For example, I'd say that I-phones are overpriced, especially in comparison to android phones. However, its the brand and style you are paying for. I guess you could say the same thing with CutCo. Also, I do think they're good knifes. My family has had a spatula spreader from them for 35+ years.. looks better than the other knives we have. Now, should that item cost 10 dollars, 30 dollars, or their 64 dollar price? I don't know. Plus I do think these knives might be better for people who just treat their knives like shit and don't really have time to take care of them anyway...That's basically what they designed them for to put it bluntly.

That's actually what I like most about them. Again, I'm agreeing with the consensus here that they are overpriced from an objective physical standpoint. However, value is still on some level a subjective quality. For example, I'd say that I-phones are overpriced, especially in comparison to android phones. However, its the brand and style you are paying for. I guess you could say the same thing with CutCo. Also, I do think they're good knifes. My family has had a spatula spreader from them for 35+ years.. looks better than the other knives we have. Now, should that item cost 10 dollars, 30 dollars, or their 64 dollar price? I don't know. Plus I do think these knives might be better for people who just treat their knives like shit and don't really have time to take care of them anyway...That's basically what they designed them for to put it bluntly.

You just don't get it. People shouldn't buy these low quality, vastly overpriced knives....for ANY reason. Why are you still here? I strongly smell troll.

I love Cutco knives. Not for using, or even having. Buy em for about $1 at Goodwill or garage sales, sell them on E-bay for 10-40x that. As others have pointed out, the steak knives are pretty usable and the sammich spat is a well designed, desirable tool. Most other Cutco knives are forgettable over priced, flim flam level waste of space.

You just don't get it. People shouldn't buy these low quality, vastly overpriced knives....for ANY reason. Why are you still here? I strongly smell troll.

1. I don't like CutCo.'s business plan and think they are, at MSRP, a poor value.
2. The spatula spreader at the going house sale/Good Will price of $1.00 is well worth the price.
3. Thought police, are you?

He's still here because he has as much right as you to ask questions and state his opinions.

Back