New ferro rod strikers

Take 2: Still any time to get in on a new style, unsharpened?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I've got enough steel for one more.
I can't take any more requests at this time. I need to order more steel.
William, what style did you want?
Scott

Scott you've still got my credit from the PSK purchase. Did u need more to cover the shipping?

Shipping payment sent for one old and one new both sharpened. Thanks Scott.

I spend a good bit of time in the back country and think that these ferro rod strikers are a great idea ... wish I had purchase two!

Scott, I know you mentioned you do not offer these often—how often[?] or how many have you produced over the years[?] and will these be stamped?

I know mine will be well used in short time!

Glade to be able to retire my other ferro rod and striker.

I purchased a ferro rod that is 4 inches long to pair with your striker. Sure makes my kit much better...thanks for that!

~Corbin

Corbin, I started making the strikers right after I introduced the PSK knife in 2006. I've made well over 400 PSK knives in the last couple of years. I don't know how many strikers I've made. I didn't post much about them. People have used them mainly with ferro rods, but say they work with shards of natural flint too. I took a sharpened striker and completely skinned a whitetail last year. :D I usually make them on request.
Scott

A 'Whitetail'--now we all know; it was a matter of the skilled out doorsman and less about the tool!

You also mentioned in this thread that there is a special heat treating process, for the strikers! I would assume they need to be heat treated in such a way to really give off spark. Was there much R&D involved in that process.

Back