TiSpine LionSteel new knife 2013

Reçu ce matin, le petit

TS1G004_zps168281a5.jpg

TS1G007_zps7cd838ac.jpg

TS1G011_zps475b8917.jpg

J'aime beaucoup le parallèle entre le trou de la lame et l'échancrure du titane

Il est comme je l'espérais.
Il semble tout petit

The TiSpine is a beautiful blade Gianni, and the new matte finishes are a great addition!

Gianni,
Haven't heard back from you since our email exchange on 01/12. At this point I'm requesting a refund(to include customs) and a pre-paid return shipping label. This is in regard to order #2522 for a silver TiSpine that had a blue shipped instead. Thank you.

Gianni,
Haven't heard back from you since our email exchange on 01/12. At this point I'm requesting a refund(to include customs) and a pre-paid return shipping label. This is in regard to order #2522 for a silver TiSpine that had a blue shipped instead. Thank you.

You are right, your mail was lost during my time in US for Shot Show. I did not answer to your mail of 12 January. I have already sent you the answer by mail.

Lionsteel TiSpine
(Sorry Italian language)
[video=youtube_share;5O-R21d7yDA]http://youtu.be/5O-R21d7yDA[/video]

I visited my local knife store yesterday and spoke with a friend of mine who just came back from the SHOT Show. He's one of us and I respect his opinion. He said he checked out the TiSpine and was impressed with it overall. The only complaint he had was with the strength of the detent. He said the knife was VERY hard to open, especially one-handed. He qualified his remarks by stating that the knives he handled were prototypes, not production pieces. He's hopeful that the detent issue will be straightened out by the time production knives start arriving.

I just picked one up a few days ago and I agree, the detent is too strong. After a few days of use it did wear in though.

There is no tool in the TiSpine because I do not want that the users take away the clip. The second purpose of the clip is to avoid the over extension of the locking bar. tiSpine do not have the RotoBlock that make this job.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. The clip is quite flexible, and it doesn't do anything to prevent the lockbar from being over-extended. That said, I love the clip on this knife. It is equal, if not superior to the Sebenza clip. It's long, it's super deep-carry, and it has the perfect amount of tension. It's also very minimal, and I can barely notice it when I'm using the knife.

Also, for those that are wondering, the DPx HEST tool can also be used to remove the clip.

Gianni

Are the clips on the matte ones going to be annodized the same as the integral handle? I think it would be a nice touch. I personally do not care for the shiny clip.

*Singing voice*
The solid titanum gave me shivers.......the frame lock made me cry....for I be but a poor boy....with no freaking money for a tispine and less than $20 to my name......sigh..sigh.....well what can ya do?...it's a integral frame lock.....it mocks me every time I look....for alas I'm gonna go cry now..

Cheers!

The clip is quite flexible, and it doesn't do anything to prevent the lockbar from being over-extended.
Thanks for that info, Nafunu. As the clip apparently is not sturdy enough to stabilize the lockbar, I can't think of a single reason it shouldn't be removed by those who, like myself, have no need of it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info, Nafunu. As the clip apparently is not sturdy enough to stabilize the lockbar, I can't think of a single reason it shouldn't be removed by those who, like myself, have no need of it.

With your knife you can do what ever you want. You are not obligated to follow what the producer suggest you.... hoping that you will not cry if you have this problem later.

Over-extention of the locking bar in a frame-lock knife is something that you must take care.... I do not want convince you, but please do not try to convince me that I am wrong.

Sounds like Gianni is having a bad day......I would agree in regards to the pocket clip. I have a Bradley Alias, which also utilizes the pocket clip as a lock bar stabilizer.

I just need one of these in my pocket! Any idea of when US dealers can expect to have these Gianni. I have one pre-ordered and I am really looking forward to it.

Over-extention of the locking bar in a frame-lock knife is something that you must take care.
I understand and appreciate your concern, Gianni. On the other hand, I've been here for awhile and I've never heard of anyone accidentally overextending the lockbar on their framelock. Unless you're suggesting that, if I remove the clip, the lockbar on a TiSpine is so fragile that extraordinary care needs to be taken when unlocking it, I'm not the least bit worried about overextending it.

PS: Because of your concern, I decided to ask in the General Knife Discussion forum if anyone had ever overextended a lockbar. Here's the thread if you're interested in taking a look at it:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1037884

Last edited:
I think Gianni is suggesting that any amount of tension that is on the lock bar will help to reduce the chance of over extension. Not really a problem for most of us here that understand the mechanics of a frame lock, but he is making them for the masses. I know CRK went through the same thing recently with the Umnum, someone will always find a way to screw stuff up.

I think Gianni is suggesting that any amount of tension that is on the lock bar will help to reduce the chance of over extension. Not really a problem for most of us here that understand the mechanics of a frame lock, but he is making them for the masses. I know CRK went through the same thing recently with the Umnum, someone will always find a way to screw stuff up.

Exactly. But you left out the most all too common part ...... "someone will always find a way to screw stuff up" ..... and then want the manufacturer to fix it!!

Back