TiSpine LionSteel new knife 2013

I think that strong detent means that Lionsteel doesn't make framelock knives for weak imho.

As Gianni wrote, there is plenty of knives. If somebody wants one piece handle framelock without clip he or she can buy Estrella or Lochsa.
If somebody wants weak framelock he can buys Kershaw Tilt, if somebody wants weaker detent, there is plenty of knives with weak or no detent at all.

If I compare TiSpine to Kershaw knives, e.g. Tilt, which has absurdly (paper) thin and week framelock then TiSpine is in very different league and I like it and appreciate it. There is place for all kind of knives. Maybe somebody likes weak framelock on Tilt. I like strong framelock that need some power to open it. Same type of one as on SR-1 or AG Russel Italian Made Tactical.

It needs some time to learn how to open the TiSpine with one hand. Especially more time if you are used to flipper or thumb stud, or different (circle) hole. It took me one day to get use to opening it and I think the detent is just right, it opens smooth and fast (no flick or wrist movement needed for opening this type of knife).

Personally I would like see a few minor changes on this knife: Framelock cut out on inner side of the scales (= inside the handle). Now it's outside and if the framelock cut out would be inside it would look much better and will be more functional (e.g. no snagging on clothes between framelock cut out hole and clip). Precise phospor bronze washers (or ball bearings), ceramic detend ball, shorter Ti Clip , hardened glass braker tip of the screw that hold's the clip and damascus blade and maybe a little thicker profile of the bending part of the framelock (in cut out) = stronger framelock.

The matte finish might push me over the edge. I would of already had one by now if it had a flipper. :foot:

All the knives that have clip down MUST have a good retention, other way they are very dangerous to keep them in the pocket.
I know that thumb stub let open the knife easier, but you have only to make a couples of minutes of practice, you will find the right position and then there will be not any more problem.

We decided to make this design with less screws than possible.... some users asked me for the Rotoblock, others for the locking bar stainless tip... but the answer is the same. This one is the design that we liked and and the one we have decided to put in production. I like it and I carry it every day with me, purple shine. :D :D

Gianni ....

As with anything ..... it will be hard to please everyone. But .... from my point of view, the TiSpine (for a knife of this type) is just about perfect .... and, by far, the most elegant production knife I own. Thanks.

Gianni ....

As with anything ..... it will be hard to please everyone. But .... from my point of view, the TiSpine (for a knife of this type) is just about perfect .... and, by far, the most elegant production knife I own. Thanks.

Thanks....

If somebody wants weak framelock he can buys Kershaw Tilt, if somebody wants weaker detent, there is plenty of knives with weak or no detent at all.

If I compare TiSpine to Kershaw knives, e.g. Tilt, which has absurdly (paper) thin and week framelock then TiSpine is in very different league and I like it and appreciate it. There is place for all kind of knives. Maybe somebody likes weak framelock on Tilt.

What is up with the Tilt hate??

I measured the minimum lockbar thickness on the following models of the knives I own:

Kershaw TILT! - - - - .041"
Zero Tolerance 0551 - - - .052"
Zero Tolerance 0561 - - - .052"
DPX/HEST 2.0 (LionSteel) .052"
LionSteel SR-1 - - - - - - - .053"
CRK Small Sebenza - - - - .060"
CRK Umnumzaan - - - - - .064"

The TILT! is by far the thinnest - but, at ~80% of the thickness and at least as wide as the reduced area on the much heralded SR-1, I believe it is a substantial knife. Certainly, I have had no problems with mine, nor have I read of any with it on the Kershaw sub-forum here. Paper thin?? In fact, of the above knives, the only one with a 'problem' here has been the SR-1, but that's another matter.

I believe the TILT! had one real problem... they didn't make enough of them!

Stainz

Hey Gianni how was the shot show I bet everyone was going crazy for Tspine I seen bladehq video very nice did u have the sr2 mini there I bet if u did people loved it I'm so glad I got my Tspine when I did I see there sold out on blade hq well thanks for the great work waiting for sr2 to be available def best and my favorite knife maker out there

I think that strong detent means that Lionsteel doesn't make framelock knives for weak imho.

As Gianni wrote, there is plenty of knives. If somebody wants one piece handle framelock without clip he or she can buy Estrella or Lochsa.

If I compare TiSpine to Kershaw knives, e.g. Tilt, which has absurdly (paper) thin and week framelock then TiSpine is in very different league and I like it and appreciate it. There is place for all kind of knives. Maybe somebody likes weak framelock on Tilt. I like strong framelock that need some power to open it. Same type of one as on SR-1 or AG Russel Italian Made Tactical.

Are you Serious?! I hard use a Kershaw TILT and never had a problem.. Just because it is thinner then others doesn't mean its weak..

Gianni: Will there be any damascus (blade) version of the TiSpine? And do you have any plans for monoblock flipper?

About the Tilt:
I'm sorry, I wrote it a little bit too harsh and without further explanation.

Closing (unlocking) TILT framelock is very easy, so easy that it feels to me as it is thanks to thiner framelock (IMHO). It doesn't need almost any power to unlock it. I think it's combination of thinner framelock and longer lever of the framelock. Result of this is that I'm affraid of accidental overbending. It's probably only psychological becouse I didn't find anyone complaining about this knife. The smooth opening action on the ball bearing is awesome. Tilt is good knife, and I agree it has only one real problem, same one as the Volt and the Speedform, Kershaw made only very few of them.

Enough of comparing really different things.

Wow, Lion steel has hit another one out of the park in the styling department in my opinion.This knife is a real beauty. Between this and the SR2 I already am setting aside some $$

i had some problem with FedEx and so I get the SR2 the day after BladeHQ were in my booth.
For this teason they do not have the opportunity to see it and make the video.

I will do something by myself... :D

i had some problem with FedEx and so I get the SR2 the day after BladeHQ were in my booth.
For this teason they do not have the opportunity to see it and make the video.

I will do something by myself... :D

Gianni,

When do you think dealers will have the matte version of the TiSpine? I cancelled my order because I want to wait for the new color/finish.

Thanks.

Gianni,

When do you think dealers will have the matte version of the TiSpine? I cancelled my order because I want to wait for the new color/finish.

Thanks.
First days of the next week I will start the send all TiSpine to all dealers, Shine and Matt version.

My website will be update as soon as Ruggero will take the new pictures, I do hope not more than one week.

First days of the next week I will start the send all TiSpine to all dealers, Shine and Matt version.

My website will be update as soon as Ruggero will take the new pictures, I do hope not more than one week.

Great news! I will order a matt version from your website ASAP.

Also congratulations for designing such an awesome knife, that looks great and (I'm sure) will also be perfectly fit as an EDC type knife.

Last edited:
Reçu ce matin, le petit

TS1G004_zps168281a5.jpg

TS1G007_zps7cd838ac.jpg

TS1G011_zps475b8917.jpg

J'aime beaucoup le parallèle entre le trou de la lame et l'échancrure du titane

Il est comme je l'espérais.
Il semble tout petit

Back