What do you wish buck made ?

I've always wanted one and nobody has suggested it... I'd like to buy a Buck hatchet. Made for more general duty work, that could handle limb
work and carpentry jobs. The handle could be wood or what ever. The steel should be of their 5200 or 1060 series. And I'm in. DM
There are too many great traditional hatchets out there for buck to make one that just wouldn't be as good.

I'm pretty sure buck already makes a so called hatchet though.

More Vantage options.

Drop point 110 with Al frame.

US made canoe and toothpick patterns.
When Copper and Clad came out with the alum frame clip points last year, I asked about a drop point version. They said it was a very good possibility in the future. When exactly? Who knows. But at least they're thinking about it.

id be in for one in 5160 that isnt coated red.
I'm pretty sure it's 5160 that council tools uses for their velvicut line of more premium axes, and since they do contract production all the time and buck has had knives sourced, Buck could easily have a real hatchet ( constructed like an axe should be ) produced for them. by council tools.

Maybe they could also just partner with estwing to have a buck version of their sportsman axe hatchet made.
All they'd gave to do is drop forge them with the Buck logo, then attach the phenolic / aluminum handle stacks buck sends them, and buck could do the handle finishing in house.
This seems like a good way to do it, because estwing already has the equipment to peen the tang ends over, but Buck's skilled workers are so used to finishing a 119 style handle.
I don't like all steel hammers or axes , but a Buck 119 combo with a matching hatchet would be pretty cool. Especially with a full flap sheath to hold both.

I'd like to see the Buckmaster made again with updated materials and design, the Buckmaster LT (185)

I second this, I would love to see a next-gen Buckmaster. I don't care how many people say hollow-handled knives are unreliable. This is total BUNK. It all depends on construction method and the materials used. I've seen quality hollow-handled survival knives put thru abuse I wouldn't even put a full tang knife thru and they just laughed at it and begged for more. I have little doubt that if Buck marketed it correctly, it would be selling like hot cakes.

I would also like to see Buck make a tactical self-defense line of side-opening autos and OTFs. (think the now defunct H&K line made by Benchmade)

I would also like to see some tactical boot knives & daggers.

With LOTS of uniform, straight symmetrical lines on the handles of all of the above. (no wildly ergonomical curves in auto handles)

Oh, and options for parkerized blades and tactical color options for handle scales (black, coyote, OD green etc. etc...)

That's about all I can think of for now. :)

I'll add a mention for any special 112FG, clip point & no serrations preferred.

Any steel that BUCK wants to use, same for the handles. If the BUCK anvil is on it, that'd be great.

When Copper and Clad came out with the alum frame clip points last year, I asked about a drop point version. They said it was a very good possibility in the future. When exactly? Who knows. But at least they're thinking about it.
Go back to their site and take another gander.

I would also welcome a buck gent with a bail or lanyard hole.
It would also be cool if they offered it in diamond wood and no bolsters.

As previously mentioned, I would like to see a longer-bladed 124 offered, and also the 317 reintroduced.

I would also love to see some reasonably-priced production versions of the various large Bowie knives the Buck custom shop put out over the last 40 years or so.

Count me as another vote for putting flat-ground blades on the 300 series, and giving 'em decent snap.

Also, how about flush rivets in their traditional lockbacks!?

I'd like to see the 100 series fixed blades made full tang and offer optional scale materials like bone, stag, G10 and Micarta.

A Buck 302 Cap Lifter (Bottle Opener) knife
I would love to see Buck come out with some more stuff like this. Why aren't they doing it? Is the market already saturated with Saks for them to not bother .........but is not the regular knife market saturated also?

One of my favourite edc knives is the humble Vic Pioneer. 4 tools on 2 backsprings, perfect in the pocket. Its very useful having some rudimentary driving capability on the cap lifter and can opener but I would prefer the Pioneer had a second blade in place of the awl. The big blade can be a bit much for small tasks.

Why don't more traditional companies do this, like Case for example? The Congress and Stockmans of the past were multitools of the past but who really needs 3 or 4 bladed knives nowadays? Why not throw on a couple of drivers or some form of prying capability.

I would love to see Buck's take on the classic Swiss army soldier's knife. With their great 420HC stainless steel i really think they could bring out a nice option for a traditional army pattern knife

I would love to see Buck's take on the classic Swiss army soldier's knife. With their great 420HC stainless steel i really think they could bring out a nice option for a traditional army pattern knife

If you google SwissBuck you'll that they have produced such a knife/tool. Preston

If you google SwissBuck you'll that they have produced such a knife/tool. Preston

They're cool and all but they are basically Wenger knives with a clip point blade. They are not their own original designs.

On the Buck website there is a drop-down box labelled 'Multitools'. but when i select it I don't see anything but stockmans and Deuces. Are these multitools in our modern times?

Why don't they bring out a slipjoint in the 300 series with some ultility function. Start with one knife, see how it goes and take it from there. SAKS are popular for a reason - utility. It suprises me that more knife manufacturers have not latched on to the correlation between the success of SAK companies like Victorinox and the utility they provide.

Or maybe they just want to stay traditional

Back