When you cheat...Who is your mistress? Just curious.

Lately this pimped Spyderco Southard has gotten a lot of pocket time, usually with an Umnumzaan on the other side.

IMG_8049_zps8998ed15.jpg

IMG_3099_zps879ca042.jpg

IMG_5969_zps50348319.jpg

f521e714-3b17-409d-8a04-0a8041347036_zps83483991.jpg

New mistress.... Michael Raymond Estrella.

20130329_Estrella_web_zps93af4ca6.jpg
Very nice. I am on the waiting list for one with S90V. How is the detent and the thumb stud? I j=have always thought that if the detent was really stiff then the thumb stud would shred your finger. I used an Acies with that same thumb stud and I was not a fan at all.

Very nice. I am on the waiting list for one with S90V. How is the detent and the thumb stud? I j=have always thought that if the detent was really stiff then the thumb stud would shred your finger. I used an Acies with that same thumb stud and I was not a fan at all.

I have only opened it a few times so it is still a bit stiff. The thumb stud does require a slightly different opening technique.

Not sure if this will replace my large Regular Sebenza as an EDC though.

I was the other way around. I cheated on my PM2 S90V CF with a Sebenza and never looked back. At some point I plan to add a Hinderer or two with my CRKs.

I recently got in a new Grayman DUA, and I am enjoying carrying it. The "why" of it is because it is a larger blade, larger handle than my small Sebenza. I love Sebs, and generally carry the large. However, the DUA sort of comes in between those two sizes, and I am liking it. There is no "fault." I just happen to have a hand-size that's not sized just right for either Sebbie.

GraymanDUAandSebs_zpsc3ed9d41.jpg

Last edited:
Strider SNG Z-Wear(just got this and I'm loving it):
SNG2_zps45f25e5c.jpg

SNGJYD2_zps52ab8965.jpg

Spyderco Chokwe:
ChokweAlbatros_zps5dd594c5.jpg

ChokweAlbatros2_zpsf5afc055.jpg

ChokweAlbatros3_zps5168d049.jpg

The Galyean Pro Series Small JYD(in pic with SNG) and Boker Albatros(shown with Chokwe) are often carried as my secondary blades. I love them both but one or the other rides with the Sebenza when I'm carrying it(also with the SNG or Chokwe when they're carried).

Well, I am back to CRK only yet again.....lol. Anytime I try something different, its right back to CRK I eventually come. So when I cheat, its only with another Sebenza or Umnumzaan.

Back