Why does the new software not hold my login?

I have an autofill link in Chrome that takes me right to the Exchange - now it logs me out. However if I then click the BF logo to go to the main page, it logs me in.

Clicking links that users post, if the link directs to a bladeforum thread, logs me out as well.

This is as recent as earlier this evening. I had no issues all day.

Firstly I am just going to say everyone should use HTTPS anywhere and anytime it is available as for the problem I suspect it is something where the browser doesn't view or treat HTTP and HTTPS as the same site so if you somehow flip from one to the other you effectively get logged out.

Shouldn't the server automatically handle the redirect? I am not a web developer.

I am experienced with big-scale deploys, but on the desktop side...(when futures & options traders don't get service it's bad :) ).

Thus, I am wondering: isn't there an easy way to rollback the changes, until the SSL issue is worked out? I know what a pain it can be to work with a vast array of devices and browsers, and how cunning and frustrating a bug can be...when a "simple" implementation takes in fact days upon days due to some misc unforeseen stuff.

Last edited:
There is likely a rollback option but the issue may be that without the problem in place they can't continue to troubleshoot it. I similarly am no web developer but I know enough that while things should be seamless there are always a multitude of ways for it to not be so.

Happened to me too. After leaving the site and hit "stay logged in" it kicked me out. Got a new password and its been hit or miss. Not a big deal but could be for some. Just one more says point, not a complaint.

I started having a similar problem yesterday, and today it got even worse. It began right after I updated my Mozilla Firefox browser to the latest version, so that might be part of it.

Symptom, as other describe above, is that I can log in, but the login is lost after a while. I'm not sure how long, maybe ten minutes. Also, if I have several Bladeforums tabs open (say, one for Himalayan Imports, and one for the Exchange) I have to login to each of them separately, which wasn't necessary before yesterday. The combination of the two problems makes it very inconvenient to use Bladeforums.

One more symptom: When I click Login I get a popup message telling me that this isn't a secure connection, then it lets me login. When I change the HTTP:// to HTTPS:// I still have all the same problems.

I tried doing all this in my Chrome browser this afternoon, and so far the problem has not occurred there. So maybe it is specific to the newest version of Mozilla Firefox.

I've been using a link that worked great but for that last few days instead of having a link to new posts I have one to archives when I log in.really spark would attack these problems.

The bookmark I always use to come to Bladeforums is http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?watched/forums

Suddenly that's not working; I get a message that says "You must be logged in to do that." When I log in it just returns me to the same message.

After reading recent posts in this thread I tried changing my bookmark to https://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?watched/forums and now everything seems to be working fine.
thanks man but have been using fixes since the switch over and am kinda tired of it tbh. For a paid subscription it's getting old to have to use work arounds. Not trying to be disrespectful but I think a little bit of time needs to be paid to the site to make it work correctly. This is a site that is very popular and paid membership or not a little tech support should be top priority when a new system is put into play. Since the switch over it's been nothing but unanswered problems with members finding work arounds. Agian no disrespect but it needs to be addressed.

After a number of months away from the forum I just came back and renewed my Gold membership. Have been having serious issues logging in/remaining logged in, as others have said. I miss the old site.

May I suggest, if you get logged out, to click the Bladeforums logo in the top left? That is literally how I have been "logging in" for the last couple days.

EDIT: Well I'll have to retract that as it stopped working for me.

Last edited:
I've been unable to log in at all for 2 1/2 days until just now. I am using a desktop computer with Firefox browser. When I attempted to log in, it would just take me back to the log-in screen over and over. But it seems to be working fine now, hopefully it was just a little bug that has been fixed.

joining the group, logging doesnt work all the time

same on my up to date mobile phone it seem too, honor 8, default browser

Back