Will there be a 2017 forum knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I get my family to join bf so that natural canvas can get more votes? Its looking like close race there.:rolleyes:

I would like chamfered over rounded edges

I would as well. It just seems a little more distinctive, and fits with the kind of proletarian background of the Barlow as a working man's knife.

I think it is hard to make sharp edges on cloth-based micarta, so I am sure they will roll over the "corners".

Hi Charlie, I'm another one who prefers the chamfered edge. After what you said, I looked at a couple of micarta handles and was surprised to see very sharp edges on them. I can certainly understand if chamfering takes more work and Bill prefers to round the edges off for micarta. I know some of us here also prefer rounded edges. But perhaps we have the option?

P5080001-2.jpg~original

Hi Charlie, I'm another one who prefers the chamfered edge. After what you said, I looked at a couple of micarta handles and was surprised to see very sharp edges on them. I can certainly understand if chamfering takes more work and Bill prefers to round the edges off for micarta. I know some of us here also prefer rounded edges. But perhaps we have the option?

P5080001-2.jpg~original
Doing revisions on a production line involves major cost and headaches! It is hard enough tracking quality control. Changing finishing profiles would be asking too much.

Doing revisions on a production line involves major cost and headaches! It is hard enough tracking quality control. Changing finishing profiles would be asking too much.

Sorry, Charlie -- not trying to cause headaches! Thanks for all you're doing and your generosity in offering your TC Barlow for the project.

No problem at all, Bob! It took me a long time to catch on!
I was always whining at Bill to make me some specials; 2, 4, 10 of a kind. He did a couple in real slow times, but since things have grown in the business, he reminds me when I forget;
"This is a FACTORY darn it!" (often in a little stronger terms!):)

The last micarta run of the 77 Barlows had a flatter butt than previous runs, so maybe the 15's will turn out the same without Charlie having to ask for it.
(I'm "in" regardless though)

Will the handle poll be the only poll? I ask because there seems to be some champing at the bit going on even before the handle poll has finished.
If there is another poll (which I sincerely hope not) it means everyone can just chillax and draw another breath befor they even go into the first stages of production.
For those who came in late the forum knife is usually lucky if it hits my mailbox by new years eve.
this is not meant to be critical or negative of the process -its just a statement of fact. Good things come to he who waits.o_O:D

Yes, the only, lonely poll, Mr. M!
All else is determined and geared to produce a fine, reasonably priced knife!
The poll looks like a done deal, but I must keep it open as promised.
When we finally do set up the ordering thread, we will have to limit the order to two knives maximum, because a) there is huge interest, and b) we want as many people as possible to get one. That will be in the future, as soon as we get notice of production.

Yes, the only, lonely poll, Mr. M!
All else is determined and geared to produce a fine, reasonably priced knife!
The poll looks like a done deal, but I must keep it open as promised.
When we finally do set up the ordering thread, we will have to limit the order to two knives maximum, because a) there is huge interest, and b) we want as many people as possible to get one. That will be in the future, as soon as we get notice of production.
Thank you for the great news! :thumbsup:

If everyone who has voted in the poll so far orders two, that equals 626 knives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back