Your favorite Military of all-time

img]

I really like the RIL CPM M4 Military. I used mine a fair bit and then recently had it reground by Tom Krein to a .006" thick edge. It was my favorite Military, though now the Jade M4 and CF 52100 might have displaced it. The CQI make the newer knives very smooth with free falling blades, and they are lighter than the RIL M4 model. Next up is regrinding the newer ones to possible a zero grind to test out their performance at very thin angles.

I really like the RIL CPM M4 Military. I used mine a fair bit and then recently had it reground by Tom Krein to a .006" thick edge. It was my favorite Military, though now the Jade M4 and CF 52100 might have displaced it. The CQI make the newer knives very smooth with free falling blades, and they are lighter than the RIL M4 model. Next up is regrinding the newer ones to possible a zero grind to test out their performance at very thin angles.
I missed that M4 in the Exchange time after time. I don't see it popping up anymore. I'd still like to score one even though I have the Jade M4

I've owned the s30v version only, and I've had that for 10 years, great knife.....My lovely GF gifted me the knife works exclusive S90v frame lock:) .......Wow

My favorite is still the first Millie in 440V and my second favorite is the CTS 204P.

The original early 1996-98 versions were much thinner and lighter. Fit better in the back pocket and I like it better than any other newer version.

Quite a nice contrast to compare the newest to the oldest.

DSCN8400.JPG

DSC00064.JPG

DSCN8405.JPG

DSCN8408.JPG

DSCN8412.JPG

DSCN8408.JPG

I could not understand the need for a larger or improved lanyard hole in the new version of Military.. actually I don't understand the lanyard hole at all on a tip down "only"carry design. And I have had quite a few militaries in my lifetime

So while there are improvements with the screws and such on the newer amillie.. I still prefer the original.

DSCN8411.JPG

I could not understand the need for a larger or improved lanyard hole in the new version of Military.. actually I don't understand the lanyard hole at all on a tip down "only"carry design. And I have had quite a few militaries in my lifetime

So while there are improvements with the screws and such on the newer amillie.. I still prefer the original.

DSCN8411.JPG

Agree 100%

Colubrid, awesome photos. Thanks for taking the time to post those. Very cool to see the old design vs new designs side by side.

that's amazing that the millie was that much thinner thanks for the pics colubrid colubrid . As for the lanyard tube, I have pulls on all my millies as I keep em in my back pocket. I take the clips off all of them. :thumbsup:

that's amazing that the millie was that much thinner thanks for the pics colubrid colubrid . As for the lanyard tube, I have pulls on all my millies as I keep em in my back pocket. I take the clips off all of them. :thumbsup:

Ah really. I never thought of taking the clips off. I will have to try that method with the clip off and a lanyard in back pocket with one of my Millies.

Just it is way to hot and humid to wear jeans where I live near Atlanta , GA right now. Will have to wait until winter when it gets cooler to try that carry method. All I wear now are loose shorts or surf trunks.

This was an amazing year for the Millie. The 204p is awesome, I love the color.... although I'd have to say the Jade M4 is my all-time favorite..... For now anyway. I just kind of picked it up one day thinking that I wouldn't really like the scales all that much but I didn't have one in m4 so I got it. Wow tho, the pictures didn't do it justice; it's so much better once you get it in hand. love that knife, bad ass. Oh and the Millie is my favorite model too btw. Tip down 4 life

This was an amazing year for the Millie. The 204p is awesome, I love the color.... although I'd have to say the Jade M4 is my all-time favorite..... For now anyway. I just kind of picked it up one day thinking that I wouldn't really like the scales all that much but I didn't have one in m4 so I got it. Wow tho, the pictures didn't do it justice; it's so much better once you get it in hand. love that knife, bad ass. Oh and the Millie is my favorite model too btw. Tip down 4 life

YEAH! Tip down 4 Life for me too !

Honestly, I'm rather impartial to either tip up or tip down carry. They are both fine to me, but if there is a 4 position clip option, then I'll carry tip up.

With that being said, this one has been carried since they were released and the finish has built a little character. This one is a flawless example of a new CQI Millie...and has made its way into the "keep" side of the knife drawer!

hrdI7Ru.jpg

04bJyZg.jpg

Any Millie with CF scales and the super duper steel variant. After having owned and fondled my CF/Ti S90V, I have had to let go of my 204P. The steel was great but the G10 scales no longer did it for me. I'm not adept well enough to swap steel and scales, so I may look for another CF variant if I don't have to break the bank. In the meantime, I'm good to go if only left with the above :thumbsup:

Honestly, I'm rather impartial to either tip up or tip down carry. They are both fine to me, but if there is a 4 position clip option, then I'll carry tip up.

With that being said, this one has been carried since they were released and the finish has built a little character. This one is a flawless example of a new CQI Millie...and has made its way into the "keep" side of the knife drawer!

hrdI7Ru.jpg

04bJyZg.jpg

Well, when these first came out I bowed out feeling that the street price was more than I was willing to pay.
In a moment of weakness, after reading your post and the post right after yours, I went to KW and what the heck, they're still in stock so I ordered one. It just arrived today and DAYAM if this thing isn't perfect in every way! Perfectly centered, perfect timing/lockup, and I'll be damned if it doesn't drop completely free with absolutely no blade play in any direction. Color me impressed. Never had a PM2 or military that dropped free right out of the box like this one does. WOW.

Back