105 (now 106) GEC Giveaway - A Counting Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Here's one for the insomniacs amongst us, try counting the sheep :D

It's 1.44 am here so Owl me needs to roost, been sleeping a lot better now I've been trying melatonin 3mg tabs.:cool:

NI40NMN.jpg

Recycled photo of an icosahedral die. I claim it has 30 edges, but they can't all be seen in the photo. We can count them this way: the die has 20 triangular faces, and each component triangle has 3 sides for a total of 60 sides on the triangles from which we form our polyhedron; note that each edge of the die is formed by joining a pair of triangles together along a side of each, so we get a total of 60 triangle sides joined in pairs, or 30 edges.
20F12V30E.solo.mark.closed.icosahedron.jpg

- GT

Recycled photo of an icosahedral die. I claim it has 30 edges, but they can't all be seen in the photo. We can count them this way: the die has 20 triangular faces, and each component triangle has 3 sides for a total of 60 sides on the triangles from which we form our polyhedron; note that each edge of the die is formed by joining a pair of triangles together along a side of each, so we get a total of 60 triangle sides joined in pairs, or 30 edges.
View attachment 1388292

- GT
:eek:

View attachment 1388292

- GT
You hit the troll after he failed his save, roll for damage ;)

Barrett just wanted to say I really like this game/thread. I know it will take a bit of time to get to 100+ but it is good idea and engaging for everyone. I check in on it multiple times per day. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I’m enjoying it, and we’ll make it to 105… eventually. :D

31 pieces of salt water taffy.

50171147043_762fc70826_b.jpg

Looks good! :thumbsup:

I have to say, I’m surprised we made it through 4, 6, 12, 24 and 30 without any packages/cases of beer. :D

I see 31 "recognizable" people in this cropped photo of album art, not counting Ringo's hat on lower left, or the "hint of skin" where the two knives first touch. You can even see my "counting marks"! (I started writing numbers, but that was taking too much time, so I switched to simply "checking off" each face I counted.)
31.sgt.pepper.closeup.jpg
- GT

31 Brass Escutcheon Pins

Thanks for bringing us back up from page 2, John! :thumbsup: I was about to go searching for a calendar to take a photo with the month of July, but I’m not certain that we have an actual calendar (i.e., not on a computer or phone) anywhere in the house. :confused: :D

This is a fun thread with it's often creative, sometimes humorous and occasionally technical postings.
I just rounded up 32 batteries. :)

xtvfrtx.jpg

jn4Myin.jpg

32 ounces of the Champagne of Beers!

Good stuff, guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you for the opportunity to enter your give-a-way. I would love to try the 23 pattern if I were to be the winner.
32 .22 Long Rifle rounds.

View attachment 1388798

Thanks for playing! :thumbsup: I was thinking the other day that 30 rounds of .30-30 would’ve made a great post. :D

32 sure went fast!
Did you ever notice one thing leads to another? 5K Qs 5K Qs showed a 20 sided die which got me looking for dice and when I found them I spotted the domino tiles. Now I can do about any number you want but for now how about 33 Marbleized tiles and a 23 Pioneer.
OppE1Eo.jpg

Easy way to verify is to count the black line in the middle of each tile.
Five across by six high plus three along the edges for a total of 33.

33rpm (the 1/3 is free bonus from the boss ;))
Arc_LP.jpg

I see 31 "recognizable" people in this cropped photo of album art, not counting Ringo's hat on lower left, or the "hint of skin" where the two knives first touch. You can even see my "counting marks"! (I started writing numbers, but that was taking too much time, so I switched to simply "checking off" each face I counted.)
View attachment 1388466
- GT
Checking the faces helped me realize why I'm not so fond of Beatles : no bluesman in their Hall of fame! :(

Back