18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Wow...so I may actually have a chance!:)

I think I'll do a small sale here on the forum to introduce the pattern and then drop about 60 of them in the main sale area in one chunk which should negate any frustrating issues people have had with the forum software.

I think I'll do a small sale here on the forum to introduce the pattern and then drop about 60 of them in the main sale area in one chunk which should negate any frustrating issues people have had with the forum software.

th

Nothing exciting. We're still making sword blanks. They run seven days a week. We're finished decking them on the auto grinder, we're half way through the first ops and early in the beveling process. We will start the first few in heat treat in about a month.

We're making about 150-160 for orders of about 120. Depending on scrap and yields we're looking at about 20 extra. This will also yield about 100-120 of my little dagger project that fits in some of the material drops.

Thanks Nathan! Pretty great that the pieces will allow the boot dagger project to go in as well.

I haven't started making handles yet. Also, the design as we're pursuing it ended up with a small weighted pommel, which is an unexpected complexity that will add a little extra time. Fortunately we have 5 machining centers here so we'll be able to spread this project out as we progress. It is currently running on the two big mills but handle bits will fit on the smaller machines.

Probably a dumb question......when you say handles do you mean scales? I had assumed (yes, I know what happens when you assume) that it would be full tang. Is it full tang, hidden tang or something else?

Probably a dumb question......when you say handles do you mean scales? I had assumed (yes, I know what happens when you assume) that it would be full tang. Is it full tang, hidden tang or something else?

It’s full tang, so scales. also pommel.

Back