1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

1st Friday Production Updates

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by SURVIVE! Ellie, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Nope. :D
    I thought so as well until Chiral set me straight.

2. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    The critique of the Dec 2017 update appears to have been considered because this update has more "meat" to it.
    There aren't any particular surprises, but I'm glad to hear that the 12's are at water jet this month.

chiral.grolim likes this.
  3. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Heck yes!!! :D And here is hoping that handle-fitment issues go well for the 3.5s so that they can get them out faster than the 4.1s, since Millit did the blank-cutting this time :thumbsup:

Oyster and Fancier like this.
  4. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    As long as those 3.5s start shipping before summer...

5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I agree. I hope they can continue to provide more meaningful and accurate information :thumbsup:

Wasn't it said at some point that the handle scales got figured out by the vendor at some point? For some reason I was thinking the 4.7s or 4.1s were the last to be sent to S!K with major issues. Shouldn't newer models be free from defects?

6. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I hope so Silver, I really hope so. :)
    If anybody can find the reference that would be great, but Guy announced (probably in 2016) that the problem was insufficiently cured handle composites.
    Unfortunately by the time that was determined the handles had already been delivered for everything through the 7/7.
    Rather than throw them all out Guy decided to rework them himself.

Silver Needle likes this.
  7. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    Lets hope for much sooner but that may be a more realistic picture.

8. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    still working on the original starters... my preorder from 2016 is going to take how much longer? i don’t even want to think about the 4.5 and delta 5.1.

9. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    That is actually the best way to go forward. Do not think about how long ago your orders were placed.
    Thinking about it will only lead to more frustration and discontent, because I figure if you really needed the money you'd have cancelled long ago. ;)

10. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    The blanks are all still being cut by the same place. The main issue is with the handle materials curing after being machined into scales, which created warping. We already had handles for the GSO-4.1, GSO-7/7, and most of the GSO-4 Limited run before figuring out what was going on and got a fix implemented. The GSO-3.5 handles will be free from the warping issue and if all goes according to plan we will be able to take a couple steps back out of the building process.

The bulk of the orders for each model were placed during the Starter Campaign. Once those are all out, we will be moving through the remaining months more quickly.

Fancier, ajvail18 and Silver Needle like this.
  11. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Thank Hephaestus Almighty Lord of the Forge! That has to be a good feeling for you three in the shop. Keep at it!
    Loving the regular updates :thumbsup:

Fancier likes this.
  12. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Giving this a bump because some later information has "muddied the waters".
    The only note that I will add is that I think that there are still some 2.7 weekly sales knives in the queue.

supertac916 likes this.
  13. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    I was wondering that as well. I haven't really been paying attention. Learned not to worry too much about delivery dates with S!K. Just checked and I ordered a 2.7 factory 2nd on August 16th, 2017.

Fancier likes this.
  14. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015

I order a pair on the same date. Then again, I'm still waiting for a 4.1 second ordered in March, 2017. Who would've thought 90 days meant a year?

supertac916 and sharp thoughts like this.
  15. Wood5045

Wood5045 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2016
    I hear ya Luke. I'm waiting on a 7.7 F2 from March, 2017 :(

16. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    I ordered a 4.1 F2 in Oct. 2016 and received it in April. It's a great blade and one of my main users for backpacking. It's worth the wait but I get you on the "90 day" wait. Fortunately, I have quite a few GSOs to keep me busy and stop thinking about the wait.

17. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    I ordered two 4.1 in March and a 7/7 and so far have only received one 4.1

18. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Today’s the day. Looking forward to the 1FPU...

Silver Needle and Paratrooper44 like this.
  19. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Yeah...

20. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    I did ordered 5.1 looooong time ago.