• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

Jamie- Love the design- will the kit be able to hold a 10" front wheel with the base clearance? I am a newbie- yes- and have read a majority of the postings... was given a 10" 70durometer wheel with a NWGS set of plans- but the design looks a bit more solid and functional for my use. I would like to be added to the list is at all possible. Thanks in advance to all who have added to my knowledge here.

silver, right now there isn't a list. Just keep an eye on the for-sale area and he will make a new post to sell the kits when they're ready. As for the 10" wheel clearance, it shouldn't be a problem as your 10" wheel on the end of your tooling arm should be off the front edge of the table. I'd recommend not trying to set it up with a table underneath the wheel. For one, you'll be reaching pretty far to get to the grinder body, and two, it limits what you are able to do with the wheel. The contact wheel should be clear of the table, and many peope use a bucket with soap and water underneath it to catch the main bulk of spark that shoot down when grinding.

--nathan

Do you mean stand alone or with the multi platen? Stand alone it will fit, it will fit with the multi platen if it extends past the table instead of being over it. (Same thing I see that Nathan said)

I am compiling a list of interested people, and once I have them in hand, will be contacting people from that list. I'll also create a new posting then, too.

Jamie

Is there a link to a place to get lower priced Drive wheels and rollers. Will a 3/4 hp be enough for a while then up grade to more hp?

Sorry for your loss Jamie. Our prayers are with you!!

As I have said before I am very interested! Thanks Bud, Shane

jnanson I have found Beaumont Metalworks is the best place to get drive and tracking wheels. Of course if your savvy you might get your local machine shop to make them for less. While I feel 3/4 HP is too small for your grinder, if you already have it sitting around I say use it. If your going to buy it I would suggest waiting another month and just getting a 1.5HP or 2hp.
I just took another video for someone who asked of the EERF grinder in action, hopefully the link works.

PS THe new changes Jaime came up with look really exciting, a real improvement if you ask me.

http://blindhogg.com/eerfgrinder.html

Chris: I checked out your new you tube clip. It looks like this is going to be one fine grinder that you guys put togather. Will you be making a update to your cad files soon with the changes? I'm starting to put togather the parts i need to finish my own. Vary excited to get this going.

hello, can anyone point me in the direction of some variable speed motors that would fit this kit?

This thread has come a long way since I checked it.

hello, can anyone point me in the direction of some variable speed motors that would fit this kit?

There's no such animal "all in one".

I've got a new spare VFD in the "supplies for sale" section, 1 phase in/3 phase out, then you just need to find a surplus 3 phase 1.5 hp (or less) motor and you'd be good to go. 3 phase motors are easy to find cheap in the $20-30 range because most people can't use them.

Hey guys. I went looking for the new thread where these will be sold at. The thread to avoid all the bad Karma that could happen. I cant find it for some reason. If y'all could point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it. I read the entire thread and it sucks with what happened. They say what comes around goes around. My thanks to those who put the hours in on this. Last, but not least. My condolences on your loss.

I don't want to speak for anyone but there is no new thread yet. From my understanding that when jaime is done taking care of his personal business he will start the thread and begin to ship the kits out.

AGAIN THIS JUST MY UNDERSTANDING!!!!

Jake

Sorry for our loss Jamie. Please put me on your interested list.
Terry

Back