• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

Gordon, go through the posts and you'll find a link to the plans with a video of an early version up and running.

--nathan

I want one of those multiplatens just tell me where to send the moo-la, I am in the middle of getting a modified welded version NWG built and $20 plus shipping on that is a heck of a deal, thanks guys for all the hard work, and sorry for your loss Jamie.

Jamie....I'll defeer to you on the sturdiness...I can see how teh bottom tool receiver would be easy...vs. the side tool receiver....much less strudy.....I wonder if you changed from spacers to a solid plate - the bolts would go top to bottom instead of side to side....maybe something to think about....it could still be cut in the same mannor.

Ok, ive followed this thread off and on since it started.....

What will it take it finish this kit? What is the shipped price for the kit? Where do i buy the parts to finish it?

And most importantly, where do i sign on? I looks like just the right upgrade from my Grizzly and the price is right!

Thanks--- Carto

Carto, it will be $260.20 shipped (from what has been posted earlier).

To finish it out, you'll need to be able to drill and tap several holes.

You'll have to purchase all hardware (bolts/nuts/springs/etc) to put it together from your local ACE or Lowes, etc.

You'll need to purchase a tooling arm of 1.5" square tubing (you can get it from Tracy at USAknifemaker).

To complete the chasis you'll need a drive wheel and a tracking wheel (also can be had from Tracy).

You'll need a motor (check ebay).

You'll need whatever sheaves/contact wheels you'll want to finish out your tooling arm attachment (i.e. 8" or 10" contact wheel, 2" contact wheels, aluminum sheaves, etc) that can be had from Tracy.

Overall, it will likely add up to a tad more than a Grizzly, or a good bit less if you've got some parts laying around or depending on your thriftiness.

Tracy's site is www.usaknifemaker.com

--nathan

Carto, it will be $260.20 shipped (from what has been posted earlier).

To finish it out, you'll need to be able to drill and tap several holes.

You'll have to purchase all hardware (bolts/nuts/springs/etc) to put it together from your local ACE or Lowes, etc.

You'll need to purchase a tooling arm of 1.5" square tubing (you can get it from Tracy at USAknifemaker).

To complete the chasis you'll need a drive wheel and a tracking wheel (also can be had from Tracy).

You'll need a motor (check ebay).

You'll need whatever sheaves/contact wheels you'll want to finish out your tooling arm attachment (i.e. 8" or 10" contact wheel, 2" contact wheels, aluminum sheaves, etc) that can be had from Tracy.

Overall, it will likely add up to a tad more than a Grizzly, or a good bit less if you've got some parts laying around or depending on your thriftiness.

Tracy's site is www.usaknifemaker.com

--nathan

SOUNDS LIKE ME..... Whats the timeline for ordering?

SOUNDS LIKE ME..... Whats the timeline for ordering?

I just got home (had to go to a funeral this weeked) and I plan on shipping the first wave this week. I can make it to the post office on Fridays, so I'll start shipping more the following Friday. I'll add you to my list and I'll email you with the specifics.

If somebody is interested in this, and you haven't emailed me, posted a message here, or called me, please use email as the first choice of communication. It's easiest for me to respond that way.

Jamie

I just got home (had to go to a funeral this weeked) and I plan on shipping the first wave this week. I can make it to the post office on Fridays, so I'll start shipping more the following Friday. I'll add you to my list and I'll email you with the specifics.

If somebody is interested in this, and you haven't emailed me, posted a message here, or called me, please use email as the first choice of communication. It's easiest for me to respond that way.

Jamie

hey thanks!

Don't know if you guys touched on this. Does the motor need to be a sealed one? To keep the dust and debris out. I have a 2 hp 3 phase motor the right size, but has lots of openings on both ends. this is going to be my first grinder, so thought i better ask. Thanks

Don't know if you guys touched on this. Does the motor need to be a sealed one? To keep the dust and debris out. I have a 2 hp 3 phase motor the right size, but has lots of openings on both ends. this is going to be my first grinder, so thought i better ask. Thanks

Yes you will need a TEFC (Totaly Enclosed Fan Cooled) motor, no openings for dust to get into the motor.

Jamie
How are you going to take the orders for these? Do you want a PM or are you going to sell them of your site? You said you would only take plastic not paypal correct?

Thanks for all the hard work on the project I know it has been time consuming especially with everything else you had to deal with.

whiteeugene, I will be adding these to my website once things settle down a bit. Emailling me is the best way. I'll need an email address to send the secure link from my processor to enter the credit card information. Please include which style of platen you're interested in as well, standard or multi.

Hopefully I'll be able to give another update later this evening.

Jamie

Greetings again all! I just got done sending everybody in my email and in this thread that expressed interested that I'm ready to start shipping grinder kits.

Here's my plan. I'm going to try to get some shipped out this week. When payment is made, I'll advise of ship date. I'll have 11 done this week, but have more material on hand and will continue with them next week.

This weekend, I'll work on a how to guide of the construction process in more detail, as well as take many pictures. I'll also try to create a new thread as well.

One change that I did make, is that the tool support bar is now 1 1/2 inches instead of 1 inch. This allow the use of the MAP arm. I also changed the standard platen to allow it to be changed to a range of angles. (I'll show this in pictures over the weekend.)

If you are interested please email me. It works better than private messaging for me. Please let me know if you are interested in the standard platen, multi platen, or both. If you're interested in just the platen, I ask that you be patient until I get things a little more settled around here.

I think that's it for now. If there's any additional questions, please ask!
Thanks!

Jamie

Jamie, I dropped you an email. My email is kind of screwy on this home computer, so if you could let me know if you get it, I'd appreciate it. I hadn't received an email from you as of a few minutes ago, but I'm definitely interested in a grinder kit with a multi platen. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks again for all the hard work you and Chris have done.

--nathan

Any updated pics with the 1 1/2" modifications..? I think there might have been a few other mods too....

Back