2006 Forum Knife??

I liked Lt's idea to "accquire a quantity of plain Schrade white delrins of the same pattern and...impose on a friend to inscribe them at a minimal charge."

Sounds cool...

I am easy to get along with. a CSC folder would be great as I do not have one. But, I would be happy with a fixed blade as well. I do believe the lower the price, the more people would be able to afford them and the greater the quantity, possibly the the price could even drop a bit.
It would be nice if we could get Schrades, but the likely-hood of that is probably remote.

The most important thing is that we get a knife that commemorates our friendship in this forum and our love of things Schrade. It could be a special etched 8OT, or a custom CSC. It is kind of like a present...."it's the thought that counts." What makes this knife special is what it commemorates, i.e., Schrade and the friendships we have in this forum.

If not Schrade my preference is CSC.
$100 or less is probably best for the greatest number of folks, but I could go as high $150 if necessary.

Dale

PS.........I am sure it goes without saying that it will be an American made knife......(just in case someone was unclear on that matter) :D

Oh come on Dale, surely we could work out a good deal with mr taylor and get some high quality sweatshop knives from the communists :barf:

I like the idea of getting schrade but depending on the number of knives I would think this would be unrealistic. I dont know anything about CSC but you all seem to think highly of them and I from what I've read I think you guys have a decent grasp on knife quality :D

As far as fixed or folder, I usually prefer folder but for a commemorative knife I think fixed display much nicer.

Price: $75-$125 works for me.

No matter what everyone decides on count me in. I don't do much posting on the forum but I try to read up on new threads and posts as often as I can, and the wealth of knowledge I've obtained just by reading the threads is amazing. It really means a lot to someone who hasnt been collecting very long to be able to come here and learn about anything and everything schrade.

Keep on postin' guys

Good morning. By my tally and if you voted either/or I counted the vote both ways, we have 13 members voting so far and the results are CSC 12, Schrade 6 for the producer. Folder 6 and Fixed 10. and price range from
$75.00 to $125.00 with 6 votes. So thus far by simple majority it's looking like CSC,Fixed, at $75.00 to $125 which is subject to change with more votes.

Based on this I made a phone call to Joe Hufnagel at CSC for a very PRELIMINARY discussion of what might be possible. Right now their 113313 model is the only one developed that could probably fit into our scheme. He is going to check on the posibility of different color stagged scales exclusive to our knife. He's also checking on a simple etch, something like "Schrade Collector's Forum 2006" and the knives will be serial numbered. Considering the fact that Bill Horn has been a big supporter of CSC, this may be routed through Cumberland. I don't know yet, and neither does Joe, but it appears this will fit well within the price range. Joe is going to get back to me with more firm information. The one fly in the ointment is the quantity. Joe was hesitant to commit for less than 50 pieces, but we also talked 30 to 50 pieces so that has yet to be resolved.

Now let me stress one more time, this was just a PRELIMINARY fact finding mission and there has been no commitment on either side, so I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm ramming something down their throat. I just thought if we had a little better information, we could indvidually make a more informed decision.

Paul

Paul,
As we used to say down on the ranch, "Way to take the bull by the horns." (yes, I grew up on a ranch here in Oregon....we got electricity in 1968, about the time I started my Senior year of High School)

Thanks for taking the lead.

cykc, welcome to the forum! Naw......I really don't want a commie-sweatshop-knife. The sweat makes them too slick and hard to hang on to, plus it causes rust if they are carbon steel (which they usually aren't). :D

Dale

Ok,

You know I won't just sit here and not put up a (friendly) fight. :D

Please disregard the coloring and all, as I "borrowed" this photo...I've got a headache, and it's the best I could do.

Has anyone else seen the Canal Street Twist Ring (FOLDING) knives?

Bill

Im trying to figure out what your vote is, Bill but other than a folder (which is not ready for release yet), I can't figure out just what your vote (if any) is. Please clarify.

Paul

Whatever do you mean Paul?

All you do is twist the ring and it releases the blade...prefectly ready to be released. Sheesh, you guys are so FIXED in your ways, always throwing up minor roadblocks about availability. He!!, it'll probably take us a couple months to decide.

Just kidding, of course.:D

I'll go with.....

A FOLDING KNIFE for my vote.

El Lob

I am of course very new here, but if any of us here at SMKW can be of any assistance in the selection of your 2006 forum knife then please let me know. If you really like the CSC idea we have been doing a good bit of business with them and we may be able to help. Just let me know if we can be of any assistance. JP

Here are a few knives one is from another forum, one is the original first year issue from here and one is an example of work I had done. LT Here is the CSC model you mentioned as available. ( rotten pic ).

Here are some other CSC models from my personal number matched set of in house patterns.

The right of free Americans opulence to the point of confusion. Gotta tell ya the swing guard is dynamite as is the folding hunter ya got to have it in your hand to appreciate it. the congress also fills the hand nice. The rat ( muskrat ) is a dandy for a user. like a razor with a point and all the actions are as smooth as a ladys cheek. (Wasen't that polite) . Hell they are all nice the fixed are great but the models I mentioned out do themselves like buying a good watch a pleasure just to look at. At least the ones I have come accross have been. I will however go with the group I am just glad we have volunteers. However let me know if I can help and my word on what I said I would do if you want me to stands. LT

Well My vote was for a folder and I was thinking the CSC Muskrat when I voted,but the only addtions to the voting since I tallied is Bill's vote for a folder so the Fixed still has it right now.

Lt, the only possible stumble will be on quantity. If we hit 30, I think he'll work with me but I don't see much way we'll come close to 50 which is their usual club run. Might need some local help there.

The bright point on selecting the fixed blade is there is only one. If we swing to the folders it could take years to reach a concensus, although I could easily come off the Rat for the Swing guard.

Any way VOTE VOTE VOTE so we can see where we want to go.

Paul

Back