2006 Forum Knife??

Did you see the Schrade exhibit which was in the Resnick Museum for the last 2 months ? LT

Yes, I saw the exhibit and my knees got weak. I took my son to see it and I think it is one of those things he will remember for the rest of his life.(Me too)

Let me know if you and your son would ever like to see it up close it would be my pleasure to give you a tour of my collection. Cold beer and soda pop on me. I live in Wallkill. You have warmed the extremely hard boiled shell of one old guy. I suppose if just one kids remembers this history then it is not as futile as I feel it is. LT

Dennis... Take LT up on his offer. I'd give a lot to be able to see it all in person. Wish I lived as close as you do to it.

In fact, I'd give a lot to see the display made permanent, in some form or another. I am being honest about that. The Schrade factory collection is gone... spread across the country and the world. There are some wonderful collections, though, like LTs, just begging for a home. Probably each and every one of us could contrbute something. I've given it a lot of thought of how such a permanent display, or a museum, could be supported by the people -- like us -- who appreciate thier Schrades. I just can't think of any way.

Phil

Welcome Dennis... And like Phil said, GO !!!

Tip-of-the-hat LT !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dannyb

Sounds like a plan to me LT. I am the new kid on the block, not sure how to make contact with someone, but my e-mail address is
greenthumb_522000@yahoo.com
Can your house be seen from Castle point up in Minnewaska?
We do a lot of hiking up there and at least once a year hike from Minnewaska park to Ellenville via the old Smiley carrageway and look down and see the Schrade factory and village of Ellenville.
Thanks, everyone for being so friendly.
Dennis

Hello all,
I have not seen any action on this post. Has a final decision been made for a 2006 forum knife?
If not, I will kick in a suggestion.
Tom

Tom; Please do kick in a suggestion. Your input is both valuable and welcome.

Paul

Ya, what they said! :p

Glenn

To begin with, if this is inappropriate, please excuse me. This is a sincere offer that would not be made if I had not felt your true love for Schrade knives.

It seems several would like to see a forum knife that commemorates Schrade and some would like a knife under $125 and some would like a fixed while others want a folder.

There is nothing more I like to see than several things come together and that is what makes a knife special. So what about bringing together everything, a 2006 forum knife that is a Schrade and is hand scrimshawed by the retired artist Frank Giorgianni? No, I am not trying to drum up business for my dad, and if it is perceived as such, again please excuse me and I will respectfully retract this suggestion. I though it might be nice for everyone to have an opportunity to have an original scrimshaw in their collection. I know a handful of you do have originals of my fathers work, but this would allow everyone in this forum the opportunity to own one also. Now would be the time, while Schrade SC blanks are still available. If everyone thinks this is a good idea, I will have my father draw up some sketches. Two Schrades could be offered for the 2006 forum knife, a 502SC and a 507SC (or two other patterns). Some of you may have some blanks you are willing to sell. Probably 25 of each pattern would be needed.

I would also suggest they are serial numbered 01 to 25 on each pattern and the first 15 of each belong together. That is both the 502SC and the 507SC starting with the serial number 01 to 15 would be sold as a set. There would be 15 sets. The 502SC and 507SC with the serial number 16 would be sold separately to the individuals that only what one knife (fixed or folder).

This suggestion is also contingent upon being able to get 25 SC blanks of each pattern.

Again, if this seems inappropriate, I apologize.
Tom

Now that is a heck of an offer...:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm on board, if we can pull that one off.

Thanks for the idea Tom.

Bill

Now that sounds like a great idea. I've seen the unscrimmed knives (and own one) and thought how appropriate a scrim of Henry Baer's portrait would be, though that may just be beyond the scope of a simple hand scrim idea. But our unofficial motto here, as appeared on the original 2005 Forum knife, is "UNCLE HENRY'S LOST SOULS", refering to our fondness of Henry's designs and the spirit of old fashioned honest values which he (and the company) embodied.

I hardly see how your suggestions could have been more appropriate, though none of us would have dared ask for such participation from your father. Thank you.

Codger

I'm on board for this idea, and I'd be a buyer for the set.....but I'd take anything I could get.

Paul

Tom,
That is a very generous offer. I would love a set, or like Paul said, "what ever I can get."
We have all admired your Father's work, but very few of us own an original. This would be awesome to have a Schrade that he scrimed.

Thanks you very much,
Dale

Back