2008 Knifemakers Christmas Gift Exchange! (2nd Annual)

Mine's almost done! I seem to have run out of flux for soldering though so couldnt solder on the guard last night, going to do that tonight, and then epoxy the handle together and hopefully get it mailed out friday or so *crosses fingers*

After looking at all the last minute anxiety, I'm making next years next month!
Fine looking knives guys.
James7729

I forgot to add the picture of my knife. Sent it far west yesterday.

Attachments

• Christmas Exchange final.jpg
    Christmas Exchange final.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 95
Got the dreaded Fed-ex note on the door today with the even more dreaded "adult signature in person required". That's no good when there is no one home until evening time. I know I will eventually be able to pick it up at the local office but now the suspense is killing me.

I'm just about there, 90%, if it doesn't make it by Christmas it isn't for lack of trying. These sixty+ hour work weeks are killing me. I've had very little fun time for the last two months.

Great looking stuff so far. There will be lots of smiles next week I'm sure. I'm going to start next years soon too to avoid this last minute crunch.

In the Mail and was told it would be there in 2 or 3 Days. Now I get to sit back and wait christmas is finished for me. (Finished shopping for my wife today also yeahhhh)

Why wasn't I invited to join in :(

Just kidding but I'm going to start on a knife now for next year! It'll have laser sights, night vision, built in sharpener, a bear tickler and 358 enterkin pistol, 3" blade and cord wrapped handle... yeah, that's what I'm making for next year. :D Now if I can just figure out how to forge a laser and night vision thingies I'll be set!

Great looking knives everyone, I'm really jealous.

Larry that is just not right. Finished the knife and finished shopping, no fair.

Well I got some good news and some bad news. I still have not got the package from Fed-ex and the bad news is that I do not think it is my knife, unless they sent some booze along with it. The driver left a note saying that it was illegal to redirect a package of alcohol in Texas, because I left him a note to give the package to my neighbor. So now I am wondering who sent me alcohol? Well maybe delivery can be set up tomorrow if the supervisor calls me like he/she is supposed to. It is bad when you dial the 800 number and they know you by name. :)

Finally mine is done! Got the sheath finished today, but I could not take pictures because the camera battery went dead and we can not find the charger, LOL!!!! Good thing I got a mess of pictures of the knife (previously posted), just none of the sheath. Maybe the recipient can shoot some pics of the sheath and send them back or post them. Going in the mail tomorrow...Ho, Ho, Ho!

Okay, I'm going to 'fess up. Mine won't be finished by Christmas. I guess I'm going with the Russian Orthodox Christmas for this one (thanks Larry :D).

Okay, I'm going to 'fess up. Mine won't be finished by Christmas. I guess I'm going with the Russian Orthodox Christmas for this one (thanks Larry :D).

I happen to be Russian Orthodox. :) If you're the guy sending a knife my way, that's a pretty lucky coincidence! Or if not, the other fella has a little looser deadline. :thumbup:

Why wasn't I invited to join in :(

Just kidding but I'm going to start on a knife now for next year! It'll have laser sights, night vision, built in sharpener, a bear tickler and 358 enterkin pistol, 3" blade and cord wrapped handle... yeah, that's what I'm making for next year. :D Now if I can just figure out how to forge a laser and night vision thingies I'll be set!

Great looking knives everyone, I'm really jealous.

You can make dies to forge a laser sight :D I'm planning to make a triple barreled black powder battle axe with a grenade thrower for next year. :D

You can make dies to forge a laser sight I'm planning to make a triple barreled black powder battle axe with a grenade thrower for next year.

Bruce. If you draw my name next year I prefer a red dot over the laser for my grenade launching battle axes.

Allen

Back