2008 Knifemakers Christmas Gift Exchange! (2nd Annual)

I might get a SPEEDING TICKET while rushing home from work to see if my gift is here. In the interest of saving me from that i say LET US KNOW if it isnt gonna make it.

Mine went out monday via USPS but the recipient hasnt posted receiving it yet. MERRY XMAS EVRYONE and thanks Scott and Linda. This exchange has made this the most exciting XMAS i can remember.

Time to let the cat out of the bag. I just talked with my wife. Since she kept the list secret from me until I got my knife, I had no idea what was going on. There was no coverup, since I wasn't in on it. When I found out what she did, I started laughing. She reversed the computerized list that I sent her and put the names in backwords. Thus, the last name on the list got the first name and vice versa. The second name on the list and the second to last names had each other. This went on until the middle of the list. Since there were an odd (81) number of participants, when she got to the middle three, she had those three exchange among themselves, so they are the only ones not getting a knife from the person that they made one for. She didn't even realize that she was pairing us all up with each other.

I think it's hilarious!

Those of you near the middle of the list, still don't know if you're getting one from the same person that you made one for. Only my wife and I know who those three in the middle are. But, if your name starts with ABCDE or TUVWXY, then you are waiting for a knife from the same person that you made one for.

OK, so what now? Mine is looking like it will be a little late. Should we contact our recipients or wait till the new "late" thread? Man, I feel bad about it, but I WILL get it done.

OK, so what now? Mine is looking like it will be a little late. Should we contact our recipients or wait till the new "late" thread? Man, I feel bad about it, but I WILL get it done.

If the right thing is to contact the recipient, I'd like to do so right away

I'm in the same boat, mine will be done soon, but not quite in time for Christmas. i had an injury that set me back about a week, and family stuff kept me from working before that... i feel bad but i will have it in the mail asap.
-Lou

I'm in the same boat, mine will be done soon, but not quite in time for Christmas. i had an injury that set me back about a week, and family stuff kept me from working before that... i feel bad but i will have it in the mail asap.
-Lou

sorry, internet must have hiccuped...

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but just couldn't leave a fella hanging waiting for knife that wasn't going to get there til later.

I haven't got mine yet, but was emailed that it was on its way. Of course I almost instantly recognized him as the person I was making the knife for. I emailed him with a long list of excuses as to why I would be running late with mine (I did NOT tell him I hosed my first two attempts :eek:). Gratefully, he emailed me back not to worry, which I was doing profusely. Now I can relax a bit.

Best of Holy Days everyone, Phil

Well mine shipped today. Not sure if it will make it by Christmas or not but it's enroute.

Now I fall into that middle category. The waiting continues.

SDS

Time to let the cat out of the bag. I just talked with my wife. Since she kept the list secret from me until I got my knife, I had no idea what was going on. There was no coverup, since I wasn't in on it. When I found out what she did, I started laughing. She reversed the computerized list that I sent her and put the names in backwords. Thus, the last name on the list got the first name and vice versa. The second name on the list and the second to last names had each other. This went on until the middle of the list. Since there were an odd (81) number of participants, when she got to the middle three, she had those three exchange among themselves, so they are the only ones not getting a knife from the person that they made one for. She didn't even realize that she was pairing us all up with each other.

I think it's hilarious!

Those of you near the middle of the list, still don't know if you're getting one from the same person that you made one for. Only my wife and I know who those three in the middle are. But, if your name starts with ABCDE or TUVWXY, then you are waiting for a knife from the same person that you made one for.

aha! Does this mean i can go back to being the only half crazy conspiracy theorist?

Dare i say i told you so?

And yes, Fod now you know I'm your exchange buddy I regret to inform you that your knife is going to be a little late. My apologies, it just took longer then i thought.

Last edited:
And yes, Fod now you know I'm your exchange buddy I regret to inform you that your knife is going to be a little late. My apologies, it just took longer then i thought.

:)

Eric,
Please take your time, but don't wait for it to be perfect, because I sure as heck did not :D

Besides I know where to look if I am curious where you are at regarding the progress ;)

Looking good!:thumbup:

You'll see what a guy can do with just a drill press and disc grinder when you get mine. :cool:

Thanks!
-Todd

I'll start the "It's going to be just a tad late thread now, based on the input from all of you.

By the way, Rob Loveday made me one heck of a knife. The wife gave me permission to open it, and I couldn't resist. Rob, you should have yours by now. Thanks for the excellent work. I'll take photos of it this weekend and post them. It's incredible. We made similar knives, as in bowie style, but with completely different overall looks to them.

No complaints here at all Scott. I couldn't be happier with the knife I received.
Please tell the Mrs. thank you again for the effort she put into this. You two are special people in my book. :)

Now this is too funny and a very intereresting twist in the Damascus so to speak... :D

Scott, you got a great wife.... :thumbup:

I got my knife today and i am so excited!!! My roommate almost has me convinced to open it before Christmas. :)

On another note, I regret to say that my knife will not arrive on time and i feel really bad about that. :( I am working on it and will keep the recpient informed!

Reading some of this thread, what a great idea. If I had gotten rolling sooner I could have evened the list out. Next year's just around the corner though!

Back