2018 Forum Knife. The first poll

Which maker?

• Buck 301. Choose. 2/3 blades, grind, steel: 420, CPM154, 154CM, S30V, S35VN, 20CV; handle mat'l,

Votes: 267 73.6%
  • GEC 14 in 1095. Choose: drawn/cut swedge, plain/lined bolster Single or Two Blade Jack

Votes: 96 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm reserving my excitement to see what the end product is. I have a bad feeling it's going to have burlap acrylic covers and I'm out on that. I have a couple knives with those covers. On the right knife it looks good, but no liking it at all on a 301.

I'm reserving my excitement to see what the end product is. I have a bad feeling it's going to have burlap acrylic covers and I'm out on that. I have a couple knives with those covers. On the right knife it looks good, but no liking it at all on a 301.

I doubt it will have acrylic covers or micarta, and with a little luck and gentle persuasion it will have ironwood covers or popcorn sambar stag.

I do hope the next few polls do not last as long. This forum could keep voting until the 37th of Jantober.

All the several polls should be posted simultaneously, stickied and run for a week through a weekend. That should keep everyone moving and get this agony over with and get the road on the show!
Unfortunately, some of the choices affect other choices.
For example, the steel choice determines if a tang stamp can be used, or if the blades have to be etched.

I doubt it will have acrylic covers or micarta, and with a little luck and gentle persuasion it will have ironwood covers or popcorn sambar stag.

I do hope the next few polls do not last as long. This forum could keep voting until the 37th of Jantober.

Ironwood and much shorter polls :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For example, the steel choice determines if a tang stamp can be used, or if the blades have to be etched.

Hmmmm, so when the steel choice is settled that leaves one option. So what’s the problem? (Pardon me for my stupidity :confused:)

Waiting for next polls like a child 2 days before Xmas!
Im happy with the 301 (just have a black 303),
3 blades;
micarta covers;
any steel over 154CM to try "new" steels. (but I'd be happy with D2 as well).
I'll break the piggy bank. :D

So, where's the problem? Run a poll determining stamping, engraving or etching of tang stamps. This would determine what our steel choices would become. Blade types and the blade count could also go on the same poll.

Once that poll is finished, run a second poll asking about bolsters, shields, and pins. This would help give us an idea as to what scale options would work best with the features we are looking for.

Unless I've missed something, that should leave us with only one more poll. Blade steels, scale material, and packaging.
Prices at each poll would be nice, too.

Have I missed something?

Actually, I think I have, what are our options on blade markings?

Making things more complicated and more drawn out than necessary is the fun part of polling. Glad this place doesn’t permit political discussion! :):cool::eek::rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Did you mean burlap micarta? There hasn't been any mention of burlap acrylic.

Been away from the forum for more than a week. First time i saw this. Voted Buck. Shocked at the results thus far. Glad i got my vote in. Excited for the steel option discussion to begin! Salivating at the idea of a 20CV stockman... holy smokes!

Back