1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Attention 2019 Forum Knife : Poll - Accessories

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Mar 19, 2019.

Which Accessories for the BF'19 Knife

Poll closed Mar 22, 2019.
  1. None

37 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Back Label Only

14 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Pin Only

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Label and Pin both

164 vote(s)
    72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I don't know if @knifeswapper was getting at this exactly but the button AND the label could be put in the tube loose with the knife and those wanting to could affix the label to the tube when they get it, keep it in the tube, or discard it.

t.willy likes this.
  2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: for both.

meako, DelOro and Prester John like this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I do see your point, but no. Printed on the tube. Just like a CC SFO.

Fodderwing, meako, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I don't want to affix the label myself--I'd screw it up!

TOM K., meako, btb01 and 3 others like this.
  5. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    HAHA! :D

With my luck, I would have it stuck to my arm, my hair, the kitchen table and the dog (all at the same time!). :p

God Bless the folks at GEC and especially the one(s) that puts the labels on the tubes. :)

redsparrow, Fodderwing, meako and 4 others like this.
  6. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    I read it as costing several dollars more. Several per cent more for things I don't want. Things that will not increase the value of the knife. Labels and a pin are clutter that do not benefit me.

7. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Both FTW !!!

Prester John likes this.
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Well, maybe $1 to $3 at most, I think. I don't buy knives as an investment, or to resell, although I think the pin and label will be an asset. I buy knives I like and will carry. I like the knife we ended up with, and am going to buy one. I think the label and pin are cool, but totally understand there are other opinions. I have lost several of the polls on this year's knife, but am glad I am in the majority in this poll.

9. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    That's a fantastic idea Modoc ED. I also voted for both. ✌

Modoc ED likes this.
  10. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    Again, several percent increase for no gain. Obviously the majority will win, but some words on the label and a pin that will sit in the tube don't offer any benefit. I don't want to pay 4% more for things unrelated to the actual knife.

biglmbass likes this.
  11. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    It's for fun. It's for memorable moments. I'll pay more for breakfast this morning. I voted both.

TOM K., Prester John, tmd_87 and 4 others like this.
  12. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    They don't make the knife any better, they make the whole package better, at least to some.

13. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I’m all for adding a new chapter in the Traditional Forum’s annual knife and if meako can keep the word count down to something below “War and Peace” (just kiddin’) I’m in for the whole package.

14. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    I voted both, I like pins and I don't have a GEC pin. One specific to this knife would be neat. The label coming from Meako, with his unique wit and humor will be highly valued by me. Simply because its from Meako. This is a Traditional FORUM knife, contributions from FORUM members add to it imho. It may not mean anything to some, but Meako's contribution means allot to me.

15. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    So you regard the decisions and opinions of a minority group by telling them they need a crying towel all while insinuating that they’re cheapskates by not opening their wallets freely?

Arrogant? Yep, you sure are displaying that attribute.

I’ll gladly pay for the label and pin as that’s the way this poll is going. I’m looking forward to the challenge of seeing if the label will make sense and make me laugh, or not. :)

16. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Further to my promises I vow never to use the words:
    Tightwad
    Whinger
    or
    Scrooge.....
    Keep in mind that I'm working on this blurb out of love and the opportunity to add to something I have partaken in and watched grow ,overcome difficulties and blossom for the past 9 years. Maybe if you read the blurb before chucking your tube in the bin . Who knows? Ya might like it. If not Ill be surprised....and I hate surprises.

100 per cent..

Cheers bro

The Meako giveth the insanity
    and the Meako taketh away the insanity
    Yea so they censoreth him not....uth.

Right I have to move to my new home on friday...4 hrs drive down the coast...so I ll probably be scarce for a few days...
    Im on the job.....I AM the Blurbinator.

Butch, seas165, rockgolfer and 11 others like this.
  17. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    I agree with this. To some these things are important and mean a lot. I never argued this point. I never actually intended to make any point in this thread beyond to make a simple vote.

But when it was stated that anyone who doesn't find a use for these things also probably expects Mike to eat their shipping costs, and there are numerous other posts implying the cheapskates need to suck it up for the extra couple bucks... I found these comments unwarranted and very condescending. This is the same garbage posting that happened last year during the final round of polling.

This is a poll, and like with all other polls there are people with different preferences (otherwise there wouldn't be a need for a poll). And like all the others, the majority will prevail and everyone will accept the outcome and move forward. There are no tears, no winners, no losers... just a group working toward a final product.

18. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Before I started the poll, I setup the product to allow an opt-out of the back label. The button will be in the tube, but you can take a hammer and smash it in frustration if it will help (that may be what I do). Sadly, all the cost is in the setup, so it will still be a couple dollars if it clears the poll. But I'll re-distribute my profit on the project to ease the pain.... :)

waverave, Wharn, seas165 and 12 others like this.
  19. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Several people are bending over backwards and jumping thru hoops to put this BF knife together for all of us BF members.

I not only appreciate that effort, but also have tremendous respect for the people involved.

For me, I feel complaining and/or getting upset over poll results tarnishes their efforts.

Personally, I’m excited to have the opportunity to finally be able to vote and purchase a GEC BF knife.

To have a long time forum member willing to write a special label and get a custom pin is just icing on the cake!

Count your blessings and what you have, as opposed to complaining about what you don’t have and/or cannot change.

I hope you enjoy your 2019 BF knife as much as I will (along with everyone else). :)

[edit] punctuation :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Butch, mitch4ging, TOM K. and 3 others like this.
  20. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Hopefully there's no poll to design the pin.

waverave, meako and akaMatt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.