• Pin Only

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Label and Pin both

Votes: 164 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, instead of tossing it around, let's just vote on accessorizing...

If a back label is chosen, it will have to be in a 2" x 4" format delivered to and approved by GEC. Will be provided my meako. Will probably add a buck or two. We can leave them off if desired, but the money is in the setup - so you would still pay for them if approved.

If a button is chosen, GEC will produce them with their own artwork. Will add less than a buck.

No changing vote; pick your poison the first time.

I don't know if knifeswapper knifeswapper was getting at this exactly but the button AND the label could be put in the tube loose with the knife and those wanting to could affix the label to the tube when they get it, keep it in the tube, or discard it.

The cost is negligible, and you would make some kid happy by giving him that pin you don't want. :)
Plus, if you ever sell the knife, or give it away, it's nice to have the tube it came in.
I read it as costing several dollars more. Several per cent more for things I don't want. Things that will not increase the value of the knife. Labels and a pin are clutter that do not benefit me.

I read it as costing several dollars more. Several per cent more for things I don't want. Things that will not increase the value of the knife. Labels and a pin are clutter that do not benefit me.
Well, maybe $1 to $3 at most, I think. I don't buy knives as an investment, or to resell, although I think the pin and label will be an asset. I buy knives I like and will carry. I like the knife we ended up with, and am going to buy one. I think the label and pin are cool, but totally understand there are other opinions. I have lost several of the polls on this year's knife, but am glad I am in the majority in this poll.

I don't know if knifeswapper knifeswapper was getting at this exactly but the button AND the label could be put in the tube loose with the knife and those wanting to could affix the label to the tube when they get it, keep it in the tube, or discard it.
That's a fantastic idea Modoc ED. I also voted for both. ✌

Well, maybe $1 to $3 at most, I think. I don't buy knives as an investment, or to resell, although I think the pin and label will be an asset. I buy knives I like and will carry. I like the knife we ended up with, and am going to buy one. I think the label and pin are cool, but totally understand there are other opinions. I have lost several of the polls on this year's knife, but am glad I am in the majority in this poll.
Again, several percent increase for no gain. Obviously the majority will win, but some words on the label and a pin that will sit in the tube don't offer any benefit. I don't want to pay 4% more for things unrelated to the actual knife.

I voted both, I like pins and I don't have a GEC pin. One specific to this knife would be neat. The label coming from Meako, with his unique wit and humor will be highly valued by me. Simply because its from Meako. This is a Traditional FORUM knife, contributions from FORUM members add to it imho. It may not mean anything to some, but Meako's contribution means allot to me.

People have many different reasons for making their own decisions, so it seems a tad arrogant to disregard them

So you regard the decisions and opinions of a minority group by telling them they need a crying towel all while insinuating that they’re cheapskates by not opening their wallets freely?

Arrogant? Yep, you sure are displaying that attribute.

I’ll gladly pay for the label and pin as that’s the way this poll is going. I’m looking forward to the challenge of seeing if the label will make sense and make me laugh, or not. :)

Further to my promises I vow never to use the words:
Tightwad
Whinger
or
Scrooge.....
Keep in mind that I'm working on this blurb out of love and the opportunity to add to something I have partaken in and watched grow ,overcome difficulties and blossom for the past 9 years. Maybe if you read the blurb before chucking your tube in the bin . Who knows? Ya might like it. If not Ill be surprised....and I hate surprises.

They don't make the knife any better, they make the whole package better, at least to some.

100 per cent..

I voted both, I like pins and I don't have a GEC pin. One specific to this knife would be neat. The label coming from Meako, with his unique wit and humor will be highly valued by me. Simply because its from Meako. This is a Traditional FORUM knife, contributions from FORUM members add to it imho. It may not mean anything to some, but Meako's contribution means allot to me.

Cheers bro

BOTH!!!:thumbsup:
A meako tribute on the back might even be worth the price of admission!!:D
I just hope he doesn't get censored too badly!!:eek:
:D

The Meako giveth the insanity
and the Meako taketh away the insanity
Yea so they censoreth him not....uth.

Right I have to move to my new home on friday...4 hrs drive down the coast...so I ll probably be scarce for a few days...
Im on the job.....I AM the Blurbinator.

They don't make the knife any better, they make the whole package better, at least to some.
I agree with this. To some these things are important and mean a lot. I never argued this point. I never actually intended to make any point in this thread beyond to make a simple vote.

But when it was stated that anyone who doesn't find a use for these things also probably expects Mike to eat their shipping costs, and there are numerous other posts implying the cheapskates need to suck it up for the extra couple bucks... I found these comments unwarranted and very condescending. This is the same garbage posting that happened last year during the final round of polling.

This is a poll, and like with all other polls there are people with different preferences (otherwise there wouldn't be a need for a poll). And like all the others, the majority will prevail and everyone will accept the outcome and move forward. There are no tears, no winners, no losers... just a group working toward a final product.

Before I started the poll, I setup the product to allow an opt-out of the back label. The button will be in the tube, but you can take a hammer and smash it in frustration if it will help (that may be what I do). Sadly, all the cost is in the setup, so it will still be a couple dollars if it clears the poll. But I'll re-distribute my profit on the project to ease the pain.... :)

So you regard the decisions and opinions of a minority group by telling them they need a crying towel all while insinuating that they’re cheapskates by not opening their wallets freely?

Arrogant? Yep, you sure are displaying that attribute.

I’ll gladly pay for the label and pin as that’s the way this poll is going. I’m looking forward to the challenge of seeing if the label will make sense and make me laugh, or not. :)
I voted for the pin only. I appreciate Meako’s views when he’s talking about knives but the rest is just rambling to me that doesn’t make sense. Maybe that’s the appeal to others though? No offense meant, just stating my opinion.

Several people are bending over backwards and jumping thru hoops to put this BF knife together for all of us BF members.

I not only appreciate that effort, but also have tremendous respect for the people involved.

For me, I feel complaining and/or getting upset over poll results tarnishes their efforts.

Personally, I’m excited to have the opportunity to finally be able to vote and purchase a GEC BF knife.

To have a long time forum member willing to write a special label and get a custom pin is just icing on the cake!

Count your blessings and what you have, as opposed to complaining about what you don’t have and/or cannot change.

I hope you enjoy your 2019 BF knife as much as I will (along with everyone else). :)

[edit] punctuation :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back