• Cocobolo

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Che Chen

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those mockups are great, thanks. I'm gonna stick with my Desert Ironwood vote for now, but Bloodwood and Chechen are also very appealing to me.

Just to repeat incase some folks missed it (because I posted it on page 2, which is eons ago for these polling threads), the list of woods that aren't listed as restricted or threatened by CITES or the IUCN are: Bocote, Bloodwood, Jobillo, Osage Orange, Chechen, and Desert Ironwood.

Being a wood-o-phile, aspiring carpenter, and knife nut, I am just loving this thread!
Had it in my mind since reading "the captain's knife" that I'd vote for ebony or African Blackwood but gonna go for bloodwood. Seems to develop character as it ages and an all black knife generally stays all black.

Asooming the Ebonites change their votes to Blackwood ...Bloodwood is still ahead.
and postulating that all the non Ebonites ...the Jobillers,Osagians,etc will change to Bloodwood to avoid Blackwood...
That gives Bloodwood an incredible lead of 69 extra votes...at this stage...very early days yet though.

Don’t sweat it Meako, all those people voting bloodwood simply need to see a few select photos to inform a better choice.

Fortunately, if it’s bloodwood v the rest we have any easy task ahead

As0LnFn.jpg

looks like my hopes for jobillo are not likely to bear fruit.

Edited to add: Jobillo is clearly not getting a lot of love, even though it seems to get a lot of people saying they like it. I hope it has a big come from behind moment here. It really is a good look for a working knife.

In the event that no miracle occurs, I am glad to see that Ironwood is making a decent showing, because that is my fallback position.

Last edited:
Desert ironwood was my choice, but was swayed by the beauty of bloodwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back