2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

What a beautiful knife and pattern !
MD1xSQE.jpg

Is that a "Proper Slip"?

Yeah I knew who made it, I was just wondering which size it was. He has one called the "Proper Slip".
I don’t think the proper was even in production when I bought this one .
To be honest not sure what size it was listed as . But one thing for sure it’s a well made slip like all of Hitch and Timbers . If your looking to get one just shoot him a email and he’ll confirm if it will fit or not for your knife . That’s normally what I’ve done .

Mine had some of the most stubborn blade rap I've ever seen. I think I've fixed it now though.

Edit

Last edited:
Showing my ignorance. What is blade rap? Another term for blade rub?
It's when the blade hits the backspring when snapped closed. (the evidence is a small flat spot on the otherwise sharpened edge of the blade) I always close my slipjoints in a controlled manner, so unless the blade is actually resting on the spring when closed, I wouldn't know if it had this tendency.

I ordered the Burnt Sienna Jigged Bone - couldn't help myself. Looks like it is out of stock on the KSF site; mine is in the mail...
gec-29-stockyard-whittler-burnt-sienna-jigged-bone__88702.1565970779.jpg
These covers look great! They remind me a bit of the burnt orange jigged bone #25's from 2015.
Maybe someone who has both could show them side by side? Guess they would look good in a pair.:thumbsup:
I couldn't get one of the burnt sierras, but here is my little jack when I got it new.:)
rJxaUWq.jpg

Back