2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Did anyone manage to snag a blue camel bone? I was dismayed to discover that they were released at 5am Pacific time while I was snoring away as they sold out!

I did! Pretty pumped about it. My wife definitely looked at me like i was crazy when I told her I had to make sure I was in the office by 6:45 central so I could be ready and waiting.

Did anyone manage to snag a blue camel bone? I was dismayed to discover that they were released at 5am Pacific time while I was snoring away as they sold out!

I tried for 30 min. When I started there was 21 in stock- when I finally gave up there was 1 in stock. Every time I added it it kept telling me there was not enough. Im guessing their site isn’t used to so much traffic. so confused. But it’s ok, I have spent too much on this run.

The popularity of a single bladed jack knife shows no bounds. :thumbsup: These things are flying off the shelves! LOL and people were complaining about another straight edge knife. GEC knows what they are doing. I do have one ramsfoot in natural micarta and I have yet to carry it. Fit and finish look fantastic, needs a flushing. Maybe I will carry it Sunday when I'm outside working. But then again I should have my pair of Waynorth Lambsfoot knives by Saturday...the problems of a 1st world knife collector! :oops:

The popularity of a single bladed jack knife shows no bounds. :thumbsup: These things are flying off the shelves! LOL and people were complaining about another straight edge knife. GEC knows what they are doing. I do have one ramsfoot in natural micarta and I have yet to carry it. Fit and finish look fantastic, needs a flushing. Maybe I will carry it Sunday when I'm outside working. But then again I should have my pair of Waynorth Lambsfoot knives by Saturday...the problems of a 1st world knife collector! :oops:
Can’t wait to see them. I’m certain you can’t either.

There is a dealer with natural micartas still available for those looking. Hopefully this isn't too much towards the buying process, but just want people to be able to grab one who want one!

IMG_8721.jpg

Not sure if this has been shared here yet. Seems like back to pretty standard jigging for the Antique Autumn. Nice color, though.

There is a dealer with natural micartas still available for those looking. Hopefully this isn't too much towards the buying process, but just want people to be able to grab one who want one!

They must be gone now. I’ve run through and haven’t seen any still in stock.

YES - These are spectacular! I think there is a consensus in that regard.

I do have a question though - Charlie @waynorth - why the half stop? Tradition or preference?

Mine is not pinchable but the nail nick works very well (except today I hurt my thumb and I can't use my left thumb nail.
I now need to do an overhand thing with my right hand - holding the knife in my left.
) - OK with me that it's tighter rather than loose. BUT MAN o' MAN it is snappy :eek: That 1/2 stop stops me hard and fast every time. I have no muscle memory for it AND then I need to finish the open. ;)

The 1/2 stop going back to closed seems more fierce. Definitely a two part motion is required to close the blade. I've been bit 3 times with the unexpected 1/2 stop at closing - one drew blood the other times some clothing or table top saved me. I guess I need to watch the safety video for this one :D For now - will set aside until my left thumb is strong again (in a few days). The over hand thing is just to cumbersome and apparently dangerous. :confused:

A lovely knife though which I am very happy to have and to hold. :thumbsup: :)

Ray

Last edited:
I tried for a Blue Boot this morning at 5AM and there were 56 when i added one to my cart, but even with trying to check out with paypal i could not get checked out. i kept getting an error going through the checkout saying not enough in stock to fill my order of one. o_O

I tried for a Blue Boot this morning at 5AM and there were 56 when i added one to my cart, but even with trying to check out with paypal i could not get checked out. i kept getting an error going through the checkout saying not enough in stock to fill my order of one. o_O
Ha, similar story here. 4:30AM alarm to be ready by 5AM...then nothing on the site after more than 5-10 mins of refreshing. Went back to bed.
Total dud. o_O Not a reliable drop. :confused: Won't be doing THAT again. :D

At any rate, no biggie as I think the jigged Northfield may be the BEST of all the Ramsfoots (...Ramsfeet?)! Can't wait to see what beauty comes out of those finished jigged slabs. I hope we get a peek at a finished example tomorrow (or else I'll be dying over the weekend). This #93 run has been pretty glorious. LONG LIVE GEC! ;)

Ha, similar story here. 4:30AM alarm to be ready by 5AM...then nothing on the site after more than 5-10 mins of refreshing. Went back to bed.
Total dud. o_O Not a reliable drop. :confused: Won't be doing THAT again. :D

At any rate, no biggie as I think the jigged Northfield may be the BEST of all the Ramsfoots (...Ramsfeet?)! Can't wait to see what beauty comes out of those finished jigged slabs. I hope we get a peek at a finished example tomorrow (or else I'll be dying over the weekend). This #93 run has been pretty glorious. LONG LIVE GEC! ;)

Similar story..…. Link to site wouldn't fire; once on site I got one in cart and it wouldn't allow me to pay...… said 39 in stock but not "enough stock" for poor little me...….. At 8:18 I gave up and poured another cup of coffee...…… I think their selling software/hardware needs some tweaking.....

Back