1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I agree:thumbsup:

2. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    8FB90596-5687-4CF3-B686-DFDD63CE20B0.jpeg

These Ramsfoot knives are wayyyy better than I expected. The 73 is not bad either!

3. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Can you do me a favor and put the actual measurement's of the cocobolo on a post. I am particularly interested in the length of the cutting edge. Thanks. Have a good Independence Day.

4. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Never enough pictures keep them coming. Ebony looks deep black and even, real nice looking knife and I’m not a big fan of ebony because of the quality but wow every Ebony pic looks great. I couldn’t take it any more and paid a premium to get one, can’t wait to get it.

steelnut, cigarrodog and Boxer .45 like this.
  5. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
  6. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    WOW
    The 93 Cocobolo looks great

IMG_4560.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  7. Pgg365247

Pgg365247 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
    This beautiful Cocobolo #93 arrived today. The mark and pile sides are very similar with the grain sweeping in the same direction as the handle. F&F is perfect with phenomenal walk and talk. Just a really cool knife. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    The new slip that KSF is sending out with the knives looks like a step down in quality from the past, judging from that picture.

9. Pgg365247

Pgg365247 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
    It feels the exact same as the darker buffalo slips I have received in the past. It might just be a different treatment that gives the different color. All my knives ride in custom carry slips. I don't use the ones KSF or any other vendor sends me so it really doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Trad and cigarrodog like this.
  10. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I just got home after 4,000 miles of wandering, and this was waiting on me when I arrived. (Please pardon the poorly-lighted photo.)

I knew I would love this knife, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the *exceptionally* high level of fit and finish. Until now my Esky Zulu was the best-finished GEC I own, but I think this one is now top of the heap. Very well done indeed, Charlie and GEC!

33F7D2A3-197C-446D-A197-366D51773EB2.jpeg

DCFree, Dschal, fonedork and 25 others like this.
  11. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I actually wrote William Howard (GEC) and expressed my extreme pleasure and satisfaction with this entire run (rams and lambs), and I asked him to pass it on to the Craftsman and staff.

I also thanked Charlie for his work and forethought. Not sure if he helped influence the making the Ramsfoot indirectly and incidentally by the Lambsfoot being manufactured or not.

Regardless I haven't heard one complaint about any of them.
    I'd encourage more people, by their own will of course, to write a quick email. Just a suggestion.

12. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice pics and ideas on this page!!
    Here's a patriotic pair gearing up for America's birthday!! American pair 1.jpg

13. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Woo that's some sexy grain! Congratulations. Thanks for the pics.

Pgg365247 and Will Power like this.
  14. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    It is.

15. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Who needs knife slips anyway?;) Once you've got a couple, they'll do for most knives, if you must...:D;)

tmd_87, Jody744 and Peregrin like this.
  16. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Happy Independence day!

[​IMG]

17. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I notice this on about every run, but most noticeably on new patterns.

I understand and appreciate the traditionality of the stovepipe kick.

However, say someone used a knife with a stovepipe kick until sharpening brings the tip above the liners. How would they drop the kick?

Yeah I've felt the prices on the non SFO knives were especially good recently.

jkwithawave and Pgg365247 like this.
  18. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Same way as a regular kick. ;)

waynorth and Frailer like this.
  19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    [​IMG]