1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Andrew James King

Andrew James King

May 2, 2019
    Rough Rider springs to mind!

2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    That's the very knife I thought of John when I saw the shield placement, the Walls rope? knife:thumbsup: I too applaud GEC's "outside the box" or "tribute to the past" line of thinking:thumbsup::cool:

Ajd3530, Sabercat, Matt_WY and 5 others like this.
  3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Really? o_O I don't see a matchstrike nail nick.

Yes, I was thinking I'd seen it before too, but couldn't bring it to mind.
    I like the way GEC will try something different, and I kinda like this one. Funny it's getting negative reactions, but to each their own. (I'm not a fan of fuzzy micarta, but folks seem to like it)

Sabercat, GunGraber, Matt_WY and 5 others like this.
  4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    523142CB-2ACB-4D71-99DF-157EE875B688.jpeg

5. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Antique autumn jig bone looks real nice, this was my must have Ram but I'm disappointed with the shield.
    I'm sure they will still fly off the shelf and I'll probably still try and get one but won't be disappointed if I don't.
    Sorry to repeat myself but this knife would have looked great with no shield or better placement. just my opinion.

6. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    cigarrodog likes this.
  7. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    And the shield and it's placement actually add to the appeal for me. Different strokes and all that...:)

knifethetank and waynorth like this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    It’s pristine. The look is the result of shooting in selective low light, and the resulting shadows. The idea is that my main goal was to show the Ebony in a different light. The majority of the Waynorth Ebony images look fine, but show little of the Ebony’s character.

9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I too, like that rear-ward shield! :thumbsup:

10. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Got these two in the mail today. Thanks to CC and CK!

[​IMG]

11. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    The cocobolo used on the 93’s seems like the best grade and most consistent used by GEC in a long time. I have not seen a coco yet that I would be embarrassed to pull out of my pocket.

12. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I'm loving the new ram shield and the placement. I usually only keep one of a pattern, but this has been a really interesting lineup of 93s. May have a few rams hanging around the ol' pasture.

13. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Yep. :thumbsup: I just mentioned to another brother how the excitement of this run reminded me a little bit of how fun the 78 releases were.

Ramrodmb, knifethetank and Kiro like this.
  14. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I'd have to give the Cocobolo on last year's #44 the nod over the #93s. That said, those two are the best batches of coco in recent memory.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  15. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Yes, seen the shield placement before on a Rope Knife like @Augie.
    Here it is on an Eye Brand small Jack. On the whole, I don't favour this departure....

[​IMG]

16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Well Will @Will Power, at least with this "departure" you won't end up in the abattoir. :)

Ray

Leslie Tomville and Will Power like this.
  17. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @RayseM Looking to avoid it...;) But we don't have as much control over things as we like to think....:eek:;)

RayseM and Leslie Tomville like this.
  18. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @waynorth named these knives Ram's Foot and they're great knives. However, the blades on these knives look suspiciously like the Sheepfoot blade:rolleyes: which has been used on knives with a nautical theme. That said; I've photographed my Ram's Foot knife with Cocobolo covers with a Shellback "Crossing the Line" (equator) coin.

[​IMG]

Thanks Charlie and GEC for making these knives available.

Dschal, glennbad, redsparrow and 9 others like this.
  19. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    That cocobolo #93 is crazy. Last year I spotted a #44 Cocobolo with a knot hole. This is the best GEC cocobolo knife that I have ever seen. Wonderful for you ! Right on !

waynorth, TFBraden and Boxer .45 like this.
  20. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Another departure . . .

[​IMG]