1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I sure am Harvey, I've been waiting for them a few years now! :D :) Thank you :thumbsup:

Thanks again Charlie, they turned out pretty darn special didn't they?! :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, JohnDF and Reaper AL like this.
  2. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 7, 2016
    Ordered this sight unseen...Soooo happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    That may be the nicest Cocobolo I've seen.

4. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I think it was just that quick! I got an email at 2:38 PM ET. Stopped what I was doing, went to the site that sent me the notification and was lucky enough to pick one up. By the time I finished and got confirmation, they were all gone. Funny thing is ... I wasn't really planning on buying one of the 93s!!!!

5. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    Wow. I guess I’ll still post mine anyway.
    :oops:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019

bax229 likes this.
  7. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I like straight grain. It may not be as flashy in some cases but it is no less attractive and speaks to the truer nature of the wood, in my opinion. With use and exposure, Cocobolo is known to darken considerably anyway.

Modoc ED, Cambertree, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  8. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 7, 2016
    Both scales match beautifully! Nice knife!

9. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Lmao! Well, one notice I got was at 2:03 CST, so assuming that was the same dealer you used it could explain what I saw!

Oddly, I wasn't going to get one anyway, was just curious on the prices. It just seemed odd because I've used both dealers before with good success on these notifications.

Thanks for your reply, enjoy the knife!

10. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    Right back atcha! :thumbsup:

11. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I like them all, but these Coco’s are some of the best of the Rams to me. @bax229 yours is fantastic! Congrats. :thumbsup:

My Lambies have their feet up relaxing and drying after their oil bath today. :)

[​IMG]

Jack Black, Dschal, glennbad and 17 others like this.
  12. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Man there's some colors I never expected to see on these. Fantastic. Lucky dog. I love mine and wouldn't trade it, but those red ones are spectacular!

13. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    A great run of knives, up there with the 78's. Great action, very high fit and finish.

52737B3F-7756-471D-A254-6CF01E62D4E0.jpeg

14. southriv

southriv Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    ... just managed to score the latest jigged bone 93 Rams Foot after missing three other notifications, so I guess for once I got lucky! I suppose this is the end of the 93s ....or maybe another SFO or two?

jkwithawave and Old Engineer like this.
  15. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Had no intention of grabbing another #93 but that ram's head shield and placement really got my attention. Now I'll have to decide which to let go as the only way I can keep this GEC thing sane is keep no more than two of any particular pattern.

16. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Is that because they have to polish the smooth materials after the shield is applied? So if they pinned the shield the details would be polished off?

waverave likes this.
  17. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Yeah, I'm thinking about this too. So all smooth surfaced knives have shields that are glued? Noo that just can't be. I thought it was what you said. If the shield came from another source.

18. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Oily bone, camel bone, cocobolo glued shield?

19. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Hi mb, what oil do you use ?

20. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Just good ol’ mineral oil.

Onearmbladenut and CelloDan like this.