1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    That's great! Very nice of you @Magizm7! Glenn, does that mean you're going to do a GAW for your "new" old knife, the re-clad glennbad special lambsfoot? ;)

Fodderwing, Jody744 and Frailer like this.
  2. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Ssssh, don't ruin the surprise!

3. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    D32678E1-DC3F-4A34-A103-F70635391DA9.jpeg My 93 in cocobolo came in the other day and it is a great looking piece I was under the impression these were a little smaller.
    Then I thought it looked familiar and pulled out my 47F&F and was like these are pretty similar.

I have not followed this thread at all so I am sure someone already pointed this out but now I am wondering why such a large knife is going so quick.

I love bigger knives, the 63 is one of my most carried patterns, but I can’t help feeling that the 93 would work much better if scaled down just a little.

Anyway I like this 93 fine, it is executed with the usual GEC fit and finish so it is a solid piece.
    It is a good looking knife imo, just a bit too big, just a little.

4. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Just paid for my Northfield Jigged Bone 93's .
    Was not easy to find .

Harry

TheFactor, JohnDF, Ramrodmb and 5 others like this.
  5. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    It depends on which 93 you got. Closed it only has a 3 7/8" length. Not large at all, more medium. And the lamb foot is a slim blade, so no problem pocketing it. The ramsfoot undoubtedly has a differently feel, but I don't have one so I can't comment.

jkwithawave likes this.
  6. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
  7. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Congrats Harry! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

8. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    I have received a Cocobolo one but I have not posted pictures of it . It does not have anything but normal looking Cocobolo wood but the complete knife is very well made as expected . The the blade pull is about 6 and is easily pinchable . I was looking forward to using it because of the pinchabilty but my wife , who also has a small collection , thinks it is Too Pretty to use , so now WE have another Safe Queen . I see absolutely no problem carrying this 93 with Ramfoot Blade to work with . I have carried bigger . My favorite length is 4 & 1/8 . I will give you my thoughts on the Jigged Bone version when mine get here too Taylor .

Harry

9. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    My 93 micarta has pretty much replaced my other GECs as the regular carry and use-it-like-a-pocket knife. Such fate may also befall the Cocobolo version, but not yet.

10. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Those cocobolo covered knives look great! I ended up getting a micarta version and haven't really decided if I wanted to keep it or not. Haven't even carried the darn thing. The action on mine is good. Not as good as my #93 Lambs though. This has been a spectacular run of knives though.

11. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    The number 1 use of all my knives is this! I do exactly the same thing while driving, at work, waiting at an appointment, watching TV. You are not alone : )

12. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I guess it won't fit everybody, but its under 4", doesn't seem big to me at all, more like perfect. I have smaller and bigger knives and this is a great balance for me. I probably wouldn't gave bought it if it were a smaller version .

13. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I haven't seen any bad looking cocobolo yet so you're in luck even if its "normal looking". ;)
    You've still got the best looking stag knives I've seen.

waynorth and Old Engineer like this.
  14. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you for the very kind words Sir !!!

Harry

waynorth likes this.
  15. AtomicRooster57

AtomicRooster57 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2019
  16. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Arrived today. Have to admit .... bought it for the shield! Would rather to have been able to snag the lambfoot.

[​IMG]

17. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    Quickie question and apologies if answered somewhere else. What's CAR after GEC on the blade tang?

18. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I be.ieve it stands for “carbon”.

19. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 7, 2016
    Carbon

20. Luger1952

Luger1952 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Got this Ram Foot today—my only one. The F & F is wonderful! Feels great in hand. The hafting is exceptional, blade centering perfect, jigging nicely executed, blade pull strong 6 and transitions from bolsters to handles spot on. Overall, all I can say is GEC is at the top of their game!!
    56DD9A1B-CFE1-42E4-8C53-AA27F6019072.jpeg