2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

I find myself quite happy this morning. Forum member @Magizm7 saw my post that I had missed out on Charlie's Lambfoot SFO, and kindly offered to sell me his. It arrived today! The kindness and generosity of the people on the forum always warms my heart! Thanks again Gordon!

View attachment 1160011

That's great! Very nice of you @Magizm7! Glenn, does that mean you're going to do a GAW for your "new" old knife, the re-clad glennbad special lambsfoot? ;)

D32678E1-DC3F-4A34-A103-F70635391DA9.jpeg My 93 in cocobolo came in the other day and it is a great looking piece I was under the impression these were a little smaller.
Then I thought it looked familiar and pulled out my 47F&F and was like these are pretty similar.

I have not followed this thread at all so I am sure someone already pointed this out but now I am wondering why such a large knife is going so quick.

I love bigger knives, the 63 is one of my most carried patterns, but I can’t help feeling that the 93 would work much better if scaled down just a little.

Anyway I like this 93 fine, it is executed with the usual GEC fit and finish so it is a solid piece.
It is a good looking knife imo, just a bit too big, just a little.

I have not followed this thread at all so I am sure someone already pointed this out but now I am wondering why such a large knife is going so quick.

I love bigger knives, the 63 is one of my most carried patterns, but I can’t help feeling that the 93 would work much better if scaled down just a little.

It depends on which 93 you got. Closed it only has a 3 7/8" length. Not large at all, more medium. And the lamb foot is a slim blade, so no problem pocketing it. The ramsfoot undoubtedly has a differently feel, but I don't have one so I can't comment.

Congrats Harry! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!
I have received a Cocobolo one but I have not posted pictures of it . It does not have anything but normal looking Cocobolo wood but the complete knife is very well made as expected . The the blade pull is about 6 and is easily pinchable . I was looking forward to using it because of the pinchabilty but my wife , who also has a small collection , thinks it is Too Pretty to use , so now WE have another Safe Queen . I see absolutely no problem carrying this 93 with Ramfoot Blade to work with . I have carried bigger . My favorite length is 4 & 1/8 . I will give you my thoughts on the Jigged Bone version when mine get here too Taylor .

Harry

I have received a Cocobolo one but I have not posted pictures of it . It does not have anything but normal looking Cocobolo wood but the complete knife is very well made as expected . The the blade pull is about 6 and is easily pinchable . I was looking forward to using it because of the pinchabilty but my wife , who also has a small collection , thinks it is Too Pretty to use , so now WE have another Safe Queen . I see absolutely no problem carrying this 93 with Ramfoot Blade to work with . I have carried bigger . My favorite length is 4 & 1/8 . I will give you my thoughts on the Jigged Bone version when mine get here too Taylor .

Harry
Those cocobolo covered knives look great! I ended up getting a micarta version and haven't really decided if I wanted to keep it or not. Haven't even carried the darn thing. The action on mine is good. Not as good as my #93 Lambs though. This has been a spectacular run of knives though.

And i thought i was the only lunatic in the asylum. I am like an old middle eastern man with his beads. I love the feel of a pocket knife in my hand. I will roll and twirl one while on the computer, reading, listening to the radio, music, watching telly. Glad to know you do it as well, i thought it was just me. And i do love the look of a knife with worn scales.And thank you for your report. Have a good week end.:thumbsup:

The number 1 use of all my knives is this! I do exactly the same thing while driving, at work, waiting at an appointment, watching TV. You are not alone : )

View attachment 1160207 My 93 in cocobolo came in the other day and it is a great looking piece I was under the impression these were a little smaller.
Then I thought it looked familiar and pulled out my 47F&F and was like these are pretty similar.

Anyway I like this 93 fine, it is executed with the usual GEC fit and finish so it is a solid piece.
It is a good looking knife imo, just a bit too big, just a little.

I guess it won't fit everybody, but its under 4", doesn't seem big to me at all, more like perfect. I have smaller and bigger knives and this is a great balance for me. I probably wouldn't gave bought it if it were a smaller version .

Harry

I haven't seen any bad looking cocobolo yet so you're in luck even if its "normal looking". ;)
You've still got the best looking stag knives I've seen.

Arrived today. Have to admit .... bought it for the shield! Would rather to have been able to snag the lambfoot.

IsxPTPk.jpg

Quickie question and apologies if answered somewhere else. What's CAR after GEC on the blade tang?

Got this Ram Foot today—my only one. The F & F is wonderful! Feels great in hand. The hafting is exceptional, blade centering perfect, jigging nicely executed, blade pull strong 6 and transitions from bolsters to handles spot on. Overall, all I can say is GEC is at the top of their game!!
56DD9A1B-CFE1-42E4-8C53-AA27F6019072.jpeg

Back