2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

That got me looking around a bit, I was going to say that I have some madrone burl that's similar, then I saw in this article https://www.gilmerwood.com/articles/briar_burl that madrone was used as a substitute for briar but isn't as fire resistant.
I guess long story short, it's possible to have a knife recovered with briar if you shop around.

French knife maker Fontenille-Pataud offers briar root as an option for their knives.
They also offer Ivory Bone...to be found on all elegant knives :cool:

my favorite 93
48446725331_b1ed737cda_b.jpg[IMG]

I respectfully request everyone refrain from posting pictures of your Waynorth Cutlery lambsfoot knives. The jealousy is consuming me. One day, maybe.... ;)
They are some gorgeous knives.

Well - you could hang out in the Spyderco sub-forum to avoid temptation :D

You are absolutely right though - truly gorgeous knives - well made IS the grand topper!

You really should get one :thumbsup: :)

Ray

Yeah !!!!!" Right !!!! :):):thumbsdown::eek:

Harry

Will post a photo showing all of mine together once we get back home ..

Harry

Well, I see y'all paid no attention to my request. Thanks... BUT, you may now freely post your pictures (like you haven't!), I have one on the way!! Pics when it arrives.

Where do you think this thread on this wildly popular run will be in one year from now ?
Will it be buried at the bottom or still relevant at the top ?
As a newcomer to premium knives, I ponder this things LOL :)
Why was this particular design so popular ? What percentage of these knives will actually be used ?

My Ram is very special to me, however these are personal and sentimental reasons.

So I have put it in my phone calendar to check on this thread one year from now :) ( Siri is very helpful lol )

In the meantime I commit to carrying and using my Ramsfoot for one whole year and check back on July 19, 2020 to report on how I feel about it and how it went (my only worry is that I may loose this special knife by making it my main daily carry, however it's something I really want to do)
Wish me luck, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Today is one month into my own imposed, publicly announced commitment to carrying my RAM for one year. :D
I have carried it every day this past month and I love it just as much as at the start.
However I may have over estimated my capacity for loyalty and faithfulness LOL
Since I got my Ram, I got a lambsfoot, a new stag Grohmann, won two knifes in a GAW @JohnDF and I may soon have another one coming.
My pocket is not big enough LOL but I'll keep it up :thumbsup:

I took this pic a little while ago on the shore of Prince Edward Island
2HFIjFr.jpg

Last edited:
Back