2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

Well I’m in for a mesquite. Drop point liner lock, should make for a nice backup hunting knife or primary hiking knife.

And I love to BBQ (real, 12 hour slow smokin’ BBQ). Think I’ll have a nice BBQ knife now.

Anybody know what the woodland micarta looks like?

Yes, if I remember correctly they did a H10 fixed blade sometime within the past couple years or so... will search around for pic.

found a pic, credit collectorknives.net

GEH10118WM-1-600x450.jpg

The Oregon Knife Collector Association club knives were supposed to be a Northfield SFO OKCA #23 two blade antique jigged bone/beaver shield. I expensively pre-paid for an antique jigged bone/beaver shield knife. I am not happy . Time for another Blade Forums feed back posting. "GEC KNIFE COLLECTING IS WAR." I did pre-order five GEC#23LL Trappers and the SFO Exotic India bone/old man shield two blade. I sent an email for the blue camel bone #23. I would of pre-ordered more #23 two blades , but I am mad.

Does anyone recall the general, ballpark price of 23's from the last run? I reserved one but am tempted to pick up a second, depending on the price. I've looked up 23's currently for sale from the 2012 run but assume (*hope) the prices I'm seeing are inflated on the secondary market.

Aside from that, is anyone else stoked about the brown jigged bone offeringings in this run?

Yes, if I remember correctly they did a H10 fixed blade sometime within the past couple years or so... will search around for pic.

found a pic, credit collectorknives.net

GEH10118WM-1-600x450.jpg
I pre-ordered the Tidioute GEC#23LL Trapper in Woodland micarta. I will add a third color to mine. Fiebing's leather dye "black" and Q-tip will add a little character to that knife and make it all mine.

Does anyone recall the general, ballpark price of 23's from the last run? I reserved one but am tempted to pick up a second, depending on the price. I've looked up 23's currently for sale from the 2012 run but assume (*hope) the prices I'm seeing are inflated on the secondary market.

Aside from that, is anyone else stoked about the brown jigged bone offeringings in this run?

I might be off.. thinking general rough ball park of $110 for the last run. If one of the dealers chimes in they could maybe narrow that down for you.

I reserved a single blade NF Brown Bone and was going to also going for the two blade. Then I remembered that I already had a two blade 23. It is a large and robust knife almost too heavy for EDC, at least for me. Still all in all a very cool knife. View attachment 1293163

Last edited:
Whatre the odds of getting one once they on standby? I got there like 10 minutes late.
Sounds like you and I got there about the same time. I clicked on the "yellow". I think everybody is on "Standby". Every time I clicked on yellow , I received a knife. I have clicked on "red" and I still received a knife once before. This is my first SFO knife from CKs , if I scored.

Last edited:
Mesquite is reserved.

Anybody got any mesquite covered knives they can show off?
I know that mesquite can vary quite a bit, just like any other wood. I've seen some that has some burl look to it that is gorgeous. Even the "plain" grain is pretty nice. Here's a pic of a mora blade that I put mesquite on. This was just a plain piece of mesquite from a wood craft store, so it didn't have a lot of variation. I think it still makes a very nice handle. I laminated a thin piece of maple between the mesquite, as an experiment... it's the one on the right. The other is Texas ebony.

j0MHS5.jpg

Any idea how thick the blades might be? I always liked a trapper because the blades were a little thicker than other models.

Back