2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

I have been waiting and hoping for another run of 43s but I guess this will do. Never been a fan of mesquite. It's a PIA to cut through, the thorns are hell on tires and it burns too hot. I went with the jigged brown and hope it ends up looking as good as the fire and ice. I hope they go with the NACB shield.

Looks like the Brazilian Cherry is getting some new jigging.
Where did you see that? Just checked their site and didn't see any jigging yet. The woodland micarta looks a lot better than it did on 65 and H10 hunter. It looks a bit lighter and to be done at a slight angle.

Where did you see that? Just checked their site and didn't see any jigging yet. The woodland micarta looks a lot better than it did on 65 and H10 hunter. It looks a bit lighter and to be done at a slight angle.
This has been going around
2nWPLwk.jpg

I know it's early, but can anyone speculate if these will be bare end? Based on the drawing above, hopefully all will be bare end.
Curious if the Northfield trim will have a long pull or nail nick. Seems like theres a lot of variation in how they release the NF line in this pattern.

Bare end
I know it's early, but can anyone speculate if these will be bare end? Based on the drawing above, hopefully all will be bare end.
Curious if the Northfield trim will have a long pull or nail nick. Seems like theres a lot of variation in how they release the NF line in this pattern.

Looks like the OKCA knives will have the standard jigging. The Shaner may be the only ones with that jigging.
Ah good eye...I think the Shaner jigging would be good change

I was going to sit this one out due to the size of the 23 but the single blade liner lock was intriguing and Mike’s SFO with TX mesquite and a bomb shield set the hook.

Anybody know what the woodland micarta looks like?

Muslin micarta with winter bottom type jigging

Does anyone recall the general, ballpark price of 23's from the last run? I reserved one but am tempted to pick up a second, depending on the price. I've looked up 23's currently for sale from the 2012 run but assume (*hope) the prices I'm seeing are inflated on the secondary market.

Aside from that, is anyone else stoked about the brown jigged bone offeringings in this run?

I think these will be $125ish. $110-$150 spread.

The Shaner and AMKCA sit within that range.

This has been going around
2nWPLwk.jpg

Yes, Grady (the president of the Shaner Sportsmen's club) said it's new jigging. I'm really looking forward to it.

Getting both the AMKCA and Shaner. I was going to get a stag too.

Hopefully a short surprise run.

Also, I hope they do some non liner lock single blades. I don't like the huge tab they put on liner locks. I know it's traditional, but I just don't like it.

Last edited:
Does the Shaner have micarta covers? Almost looks more like the covers are scalloped to bring out the pattern/color in the layers as opposed to jigging?

Does the Shaner have micarta covers? Almost looks more like the covers are scalloped to bring out the pattern/color in the layers as opposed to jigging?

Afaik according to Grady and to the production schedule it is wood.

I just received an Email from Great Eastern Cutlery. There are mistakes on the GEC#23 schedule list. The computer employee is out on bereavement leave. GEC will update the web-sight with correct information as soon as they can. The Oregon Knife Collectors Association SFO club knife should be #23 Trapper two blades drop point skinner & spey - antique jigged bone/beaver shield !

I am not giving up on #23 Trapper Bull-lock knives yet. If I were Bill Howard , I would be doing the same thing with different scales. Start off with the GEC#23 Trapper two blades. Bigger knives are harder to move. Look at the #97 Allegheny knives. The #23LL Trappers will fly like lightning . Most will sell in hour and maybe one day. I am hoping and believing that Bull-lock #23s will be produced last in secret. And Bill Howard is saving big Sambar Stag scales for #23 Trapper Bull-locks. I am not giving up on #23 Bull-lock Trappers. Dream and hope , BIG ! These knives are too popular not to make them.

The ongoing changes to the 23 production schedule look like the best lawsuit I have seen since I read “The Never Ending Story”! Talk about straight up fraud! The story actually ended. I was soooo mad........

Back