2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

6u158Gq.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies up front for my poor photos. We have another overcast rainy day here and my basement knife workstation doesn’t have good lighting. I have to say GEC really outdid themselves with the F&F on this run of #33’s. I’m hoping to grab a stag as well if luck will have it.
iSG0PCN.jpg
tvPiQvo.jpg
Wjzt6JS.jpg
HKlPY3L.jpg
oe1A8o4.jpg
That's a nice looking knife... unfortunately, my knife did NOT arrive today.... it's been 5 days since it "shipped". USPS tracking said it should be here today.
Sucks. Guess it will be Monday, or whenever my postal guy decides to wander by with it...

That's a nice looking knife... unfortunately, my knife did NOT arrive today.... it's been 5 days since it "shipped". USPS tracking said it should be here today.
Sucks. Guess it will be Monday, or whenever my postal guy decides to wander by with it...
I'm in the same boat as you. I talked to the post lady yesterday who said the delays ARE to be expected, though she didn't know what was exactly causing them. She said to expect a week delay all around.

I got mine last night. Beautifully executed knife. The jigging and dye on the scales is really well done. I’m just not sure if this is one I’m going to end up keeping. It’s just a bit small for me. I think I’m more of a 62 pattern guy.
And here I'm leaning the opposite direction! I find the main blade of the 62 to be strangely small for the size of the knife. This one seems much more proportional.

Last edited:
I’ll keep enjoying mine for you until yours arrives :D
All kidding a side I’ve been there and it sucks when there’s a delay in the shipping process.
But here’s a hold you over :p
WxawUJR.jpg

Thanks BF supporting dealer Barry @gunstockjack for the fast shipping!

MADE IN U.S.A. :) No screws :) Nice bone :) Small enough to hide in pocket :)

GEC33jiggedbone-1.jpg

GEC33jiggedbone-2.jpg

Well photographed, as always, John! :thumbsup:

I got my Tidioute #33 in yesterday’s mail. I’m very pleased with the overall fit and finish. The blades don’t touch each other or the liners. It’s amazing how they do it. The pull on both blades is a six and smooth straight from the tube. This is my first #33. I’m not really a small knife kind of guy, but I really appreciate this clip blade. It’s definitely big enough to get the job done. I can see this being a dandy watch pocket knife. Here’s a few photos. :) :thumbsup:

50229298718_d1b4746e26_o_d.jpg

50229943066_24785f35b3_o_d.jpg

50229298708_1087e750ac_o_d.jpg

Looking good, Ron! :thumbsup: I’m with you on the size, it seems smaller than I would normally prefer — not the length, so much, but the slimness of it — but the knife actually feels really nice in hand, and the clip point is a good size. Charlie (@waynorth) recently mentioned in the Barlow thread that Bill likes to “fully blade” the knives he makes, and that’s certainly the case here!

Looking good, Ron! :thumbsup: I’m with you on the size, it seems smaller than I would normally prefer — not the length, so much, but the slimness of it — but the knife actually feels really nice in hand, and the clip point is a good size. Charlie (@waynorth) recently mentioned in the Barlow thread that Bill likes to “fully blade” the knives he makes, and that’s certainly the case here!
Thanks for the compliment Barrett. I really like a single spring two blade pen knife configuration. My favorite is the #53 TK Cuban. This is my first #33 and I was impressed. I fully agree with Charlie. I can’t think of any GEC knives that I’ve handled that could be considered even remotely “under bladed”. :) :thumbsup:

Same here, I've been waiting on a knife for over a week being shipped from the state next door. Usually would get it in two days :mad:

Mine arrived yesterday and overall I'm really happy with it. The only dislike is a visible gap between liner and spring. Other than that, love it. Excellent blade-to-handle ratio, lovely snap

The only dislike is a visible gap between liner and spring.
That would upset me too.
Me, I'd send it back for the gaps, that's not typical GEC quality.
But chances of getting another are probably pretty slim, so it's a tough call.

That would upset me too.
Me, I'd send it back for the gaps, that's not typical GEC quality.
But chances of getting another are probably pretty slim, so it's a tough call.

I've seen some others state the same issue, but I was equally shocked for GEC's highly regarded quality. I'm going to keep it, not the end of the world for me

I got my Tidioute #33 in yesterday’s mail. I’m very pleased with the overall fit and finish. The blades don’t touch each other or the liners. It’s amazing how they do it. The pull on both blades is a six and smooth straight from the tube. This is my first #33. I’m not really a small knife kind of guy, but I really appreciate this clip blade. It’s definitely big enough to get the job done. I can see this being a dandy watch pocket knife. Here’s a few photos. :) :thumbsup:

50229298718_d1b4746e26_o_d.jpg

50229943066_24785f35b3_o_d.jpg

50229298708_1087e750ac_o_d.jpg
Great pictures Ron !!!! :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: That is a nice looking little knife . Everyone that I have seen , I have liked whether they were the Lighter colored or the Darker colored ones and your's appears to have both shades . Can hardly wait for the Stags .

Harry

I've seen some others state the same issue, but I was equally shocked for GEC's highly regarded quality. I'm going to keep it, not the end of the world for me
I agree that is not acceptable, could you please post pics. Would it be reasonable to send it back to the mother ship to be repaired?

Someone else had a similar issue, but resolved it with an oil flush and working the blade back and forth. Not sure if that helps or not...

Someone else had a similar issue, but resolved it with an oil flush and working the blade back and forth.
He was talking about a gap in the liners, that's not really effected by flushing the joints. :D

Sorry to hijack but I sense a learning opportunity here. Couldn’t a gap between liner and spring be due to some crud being caught between them?
Hmmm... You bring up a good point, I suppose that is possible.
But typically a gap is caused by liners that aren't very flat when installation occurs.
I flush all of my knives and I've never had it cure a gap before... although I wish it would on some of my Case knives.
Of course if I'm wrong about this, someone will be along shortly to correct me. :D

Back