2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Perfect job of grinding the main blade to fit in the well..... It looks like a crink job, but I don't think it was bent ....... I think GEC uses a CNC grinder which allows all kinds of hi-tech trickery.....

Really loving this new 33. I’m generally a fan of the threaded/pinched bolsters and other Northfield bling but between the bone and this beautiful shield, I can live without the bling.
the main has great action, but the pen doesn’t snap open like I expect. Hopefully a good flush will fix that.

I think this pattern is best with a long pull and a coping secondary so this probably won’t kick my ebony model out of my pocket.

If they could improve one thing it would be to sink the joints like Case does on the 08 frame.

Looking forward to the stag version.

The mailbox was a happy place today (it's not always :D).

xYi9wwJ.jpg

As others have stated, these 2020 jigged Tidioute 33s are real gems. The jigging is so rich and the shield is both classy and classic.

ypI2dVh.jpg

I've had several 33s in the past (including a couple of great users), but this Tidioute with the coping is the only one that stuck in the permanent collection. She's actually unused to date, but I need to change that.

osHZm3o.jpg

I love a half stop as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I don't also appreciate the long, smooth walk of these followed by that "pap!" when it finally closes.

jo7cTDc.jpg

One shot of the pile side to appreciate the color and texture of that jigging again. GEC has this stuff DOWN. :thumbsup:

Really loving this new 33. I’m generally a fan of the threaded/pinched bolsters and other Northfield bling but between the bone and this beautiful shield, I can live without the bling.
the main has great action, but the pen doesn’t snap open like I expect. Hopefully a good flush will fix that.

I think this pattern is best with a long pull and a coping secondary so this probably won’t kick my ebony model out of my pocket.

If they could improve one thing it would be to sink the joints like Case does on the 08 frame.

Looking forward to the stag version.

That ebony is a real stunner. Correction... that ebony is perfect!!!

xYi9wwJ.jpg

As others have stated, these 2020 jigged Tidioute 33s are real gems. The jigging is so rich and the shield is both classy and classic.

ypI2dVh.jpg

I've had several 33s in the past (including a couple of great users), but this Tidioute with the coping is the only one that stuck in the permanent collection. She's actually unused to date, but I need to change that.

osHZm3o.jpg

I love a half stop as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I don't also appreciate the long, smooth walk of these followed by that "pap!" when it finally closes.

jo7cTDc.jpg

One shot of the pile side to appreciate the color and texture of that jigging again. GEC has this stuff DOWN. :thumbsup:
That ebony is what I think of when I hear gentleman’s knife. It’s refined and wouldn’t look out of place in a suit. Shields on both look great, i thought the acorn on an earlier release looked a little “sandwiched” in there.

Last edited:
BDubbs BDubbs I sure would love to Get my paws on a Stag to.Gonna have to turn on my #33 Stag radar and get ready for the hunt!
I'd love a good stag, too. But I find hunting stag very difficult. Landing these GECs at all is becoming hard, but the difficulty goes up tremendously when it's stag because of slab variance. I find I usually love stag or hate it. And that makes getting one a real challenge...to the point I often don't try. However, perhaps these 33s will make me gird my loins. Lol.

I’m staying strong, maybe a stag and save for the 35s. Well

That ebony is what I think of when I hear gentleman’s knife. It’s refined and wouldn’t look out of place in a suit. Shields on both look great, i thought the acorn on an earlier release looked a little “sandwiched” in there.
Thanks, BDubbs BDubbs . This one is actually buffalo, but I think your point is still the same. And I agree. Additionally, I'm with you, these beg for a centered, long sheild in my opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks, BDubbs BDubbs . This one is actually buffalo, but I think your point is still the same. And I agree. Additionally, I. With you, these beg for a centered, long sheild in my opinion.
Lol rookie mistake. I appreciate the non-threaded bolsters on that one. If knives were clothes that one would be a tuxedo...probably worn by James Bond while he was seducing the bad guy’s girl.

I'd love a good stag, too. But I find hunting stag very difficult. Landing these GECs at all is becoming hard, but the difficulty goes up tremendously when it's stag because of slab variance. I find I usually love stag or hate it. And that makes getting one a real challenge...to the point I often don't try. However, perhaps these 33s will make me gird my loins. Lol.
So true my friend and couldn’t agree more especially on the variation of stag. It’s seems if your fortunate enough to be able to pick one out you have pick fast or it’ll get snatched from underneath you :eek:

xYi9wwJ.jpg

ypI2dVh.jpg

osHZm3o.jpg

jo7cTDc.jpg

Yes that was a Happy mail box no doubt !
Happy Happy Happy !! :D
That ebony is sweetness to :thumbsup:

Lighting? Yours def seems more amber than others I’ve seen. Very nice.
I'll grab an outdoors pic later, this was in my office under LED, but it appears very light compared to most I'm seeing to me as well, which is fine by me as I was hoping for one on the lighter end of the spectrum!

Back