2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Lighting? Yours def seems more amber than others I’ve seen. Very nice.

It's pretty overcast today, but here's a quick outdoor pic:
wqTDvFg.jpg

Thanks BF supporting dealer Barry @gunstockjack for the fast shipping!

MADE IN U.S.A. :) No screws :) Nice bone :) Small enough to hide in pocket :)

GEC33jiggedbone-1.jpg

GEC33jiggedbone-2.jpg

Yours is gorgeous Chief! I just opened mine and it’s not as dark as some of the others I’ve been seeing. I’m honestly a bit disappointed. I was really hoping for a dark version like yours. Oh well, you can’t win them all I guess.

Pgg365247 Pgg365247 don't be disappointed, let's see some pics! I prefer more shades from light tan around the edges to dark brown in the valleys rather than mostly all dark like mine. Agree, can't win them all! (but happy to get one)

Yours is gorgeous Chief! I just opened mine and it’s not as dark as some of the others I’ve been seeing. I’m honestly a bit disappointed. I was really hoping for a dark version like yours. Oh well, you can’t win them all I guess.
Well....mine should arrive tomorrow (fingers crossed), and if mine is dark, perhaps we can work out a trade.... I really like the lighter shades, myself... :)
One like RBB2's would be perfect for me...

Well....mine should arrive tomorrow (fingers crossed), and if mine is dark, perhaps we can work out a trade.... I really like the lighter shades, myself... :)
One like RBB2's would be perfect for me...
Mine is very similar to RBB2’s. I would absolutely be open to a trade. I will say the F&F on these is impressive. I’ll work on getting some pictures up tomorrow. It was a dreary day and I’m not a great photographer. I’ll do my best to get some good snaps up in the morning.

Mine is very similar to RBB2’s. I would absolutely be open to a trade. I will say the F&F on these is impressive. I’ll work on getting some pictures up tomorrow. It was a dreary day and I’m not a great photographer. I’ll do my best to get some good snaps up in the morning.
I was going to suggest you guys share pics and consider a trade, sounds like it may be a win-win!

Wow that 92 is exceptional.

Lol, was thinking the same thing about the 56 pheasant. Great collection of patterns and handle materials.

Thanks very much, gentlemen! I left out a few of my collection that duplicate frame size for that photo, but I definitely appreciate the compliments. It was a bit intimidating for a relative new guy to see some of the collections posted recently over in the general GEC thread.

There are a few in that photo I'm especially happy to have acquired! The 92 I saw and simply had to have it, I think it's gorgeous! So far I haven't been able to bring myself to use it, just look at and fondle. I think it's the prettiest knife I've ever seen. The Black Jack is my current every day knife; I find it to be a Goldilocks size for pocket carry. Before that was the Ancient Barlow, which I appreciate for its super-extra-nostalgia (and very slicey blade).

The new 33 hasn't seen but a bit of use today, but it's been riding in my watch pocket since I opened it and I'm really liking it so far. It reminds me of my grandpa - he always had a skinny clip/pen knife, though I don't know what make or pattern. Something with wooden handles and a slightly curved (not serpentine) frame, if memory serves. Maybe a Buck 309, from doing some image searching just now, or at lest something very similar. I can still picture him, before we had to go to bed, sitting at the kitchen table working his knife on a waterstone, and testing its edge on the day's newspaper.

Apologies up front for my poor photos. We have another overcast rainy day here and my basement knife workstation doesn’t have good lighting. I have to say GEC really outdid themselves with the F&F on this run of #33’s. I’m hoping to grab a stag as well if luck will have it.
iSG0PCN.jpg
tvPiQvo.jpg
Wjzt6JS.jpg
HKlPY3L.jpg
oe1A8o4.jpg

Great pattern...mine was a butter knife...and full of grit...NO snap at all...had to completely flush out and sharpen. Never had to do this with a GEC. All is fine now, but wow..disappointed.
Peter

I got my Tidioute #33 in yesterday’s mail. I’m very pleased with the overall fit and finish. The blades don’t touch each other or the liners. It’s amazing how they do it. The pull on both blades is a six and smooth straight from the tube. This is my first #33. I’m not really a small knife kind of guy, but I really appreciate this clip blade. It’s definitely big enough to get the job done. I can see this being a dandy watch pocket knife. Here’s a few photos. :) :thumbsup:

50229298718_d1b4746e26_o_d.jpg

50229943066_24785f35b3_o_d.jpg

50229298708_1087e750ac_o_d.jpg

I got mine last night. Beautifully executed knife. The jigging and dye on the scales is really well done. I’m just not sure if this is one I’m going to end up keeping. It’s just a bit small for me. I think I’m more of a 62 pattern guy.

I have a 23 LL in Micarta I am going to put on the trade forum if anyone is interested for a 33 jigged bone

Apparently my pic is too large to upload, but the jigging on it is quite nice. I love the symmetry of this pattern and shield. The clip point blade is just a touch proud, but I don't expect it to really catch on anything.

Back