2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

My stag order is on the way! Eager to post pics when it arrives. I love small
Knives. Always wanted to try one of these but they are hard to come by....
Did I mention how much I love the jigging GEC did with perfection on this little gem !
Wow what a knife!!!!!
JJQTpAP.jpg

Did I mention how much I love the jigging GEC did with perfection on this little gem !
Wow what a knife!!!!!
JJQTpAP.jpg
I think you might have mentioned it, in passing... a time or two.... :D But, it's definitely WORTH mentioning... I hope I like mine even half as much as you like yours! They do look like they would be almost a perfect pocket carry.

I think you might have mentioned it, in passing... a time or two.... :D But, it's definitely WORTH mentioning... I hope I like mine even half as much as you like yours! They do look like they would be almost a perfect pocket carry.
I think your going to be very happy and can’t wait for yours to arrive to share your happiness :) I’ve had many Gec’s and this one definitely checks all the boxes for me.
It seems there consistency of outstanding fit and finish on this run seems to be apparent. I think your odds of getting a nice one is in your favor :thumbsup:

The anticipation for my stag #33 is building...
I can't wait to compare it to my Case Medium Jack.
The Case Medium Jack has been a favorite small pattern of mine.
I have a feeling this #33 might end up replacing it. We will see. :)

Here's a mostly large to small lineup for comparison's sake (some of closely sized ones may be technically out of order).
DbY51CH.jpg

Thanks for posting this!! I almost asked for a comparison next to a 44 as it’s the knife I carry daily. I went ahead and bought the stag on Saturday, now I’m wishing I had picked up both :(

@ivonrei @BDubbs that would be yours truly. Mine arrived the same, large gap between the spring and liner, gap was on the end with the main blade. Used some Quick Release oil and worked the blade holding it with a shop rag. After a few cycles felt a "pop" and whatever piece of gunk that was lodged in there was gone and so was the gap. Maybe a burr but probably just debris. Was disappointed and ready to send it to GEC. Here is a before pic, don't have an after pic but zero gap now. Good luck resolving yours.

GEC33jiggedbone-3.jpg

Mine arrived the same, large gap between the spring and liner, gap was on the end with the main blade. Used some Quick Release oil and worked the blade holding it with a shop rag. After a few cycles felt a "pop" and whatever piece of gunk that was lodged in there was gone and so was the gap. Maybe a burr but probably just debris. Was disappointed and ready to send it to GEC. Here is a before pic, don't have an after pic but zero gap now. Good luck resolving yours.
I had not heard this before.
Good information to keep filed away, thanks. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mine finally arrived today after a tour of the midwest. Wonderful little knife, very refreshing after the 23 run. I don't notice any FF issues on mine. No blade rub/play/rap to be noted. I prefer the lack of a half stop on a small knife, so I am glad it was omitted. The pull on both blades is very nice, about the same on each, with the pen being just a tad heavier. Nice little knife, hoping to pick up a stag soon.
JotelRWl.jpg

One of their best! Just came in this afternoon. Excellent all the way around. Nice W&T. Pull around 5.5 to 6 both blades. Transitions are flawless. No gaps. No hint of blade rub. Shield nicely nestled. No pin displacement. Oh and they got as much clip blade in this frame as it would allow:thumbsup:
FDEC8E43-D4F6-4485-A059-35EC87C46F75.jpeg

One of their best! Just came in this afternoon. Excellent all the way around. Nice W&T. Pull around 5.5 to 6 both blades. Transitions are flawless. No gaps. No hint of blade rub. Shield nicely nestled. No pin displacement. Oh and they got as much clip blade in this frame as it would allow:thumbsup:
View attachment 1401084
You got a beauty of a 33 there. And that medallion is pretty cool too! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My lethargically delivered 33 arrived today, and, sad to say for Pgg365247 Pgg365247 , this one is almost a perfect color for me... a little darkness down in the grooves of the jigging, with the rest of it a nice caramel gold color. I like it a lot. :D
F/F are just about perfect, pretty smooth walk/talk, which will undoubtedly be made even better with a little flush.
The only "issue" with it, is that I think I could maybe cut myself with it, if I put a lot of pressure down and sawed it back and forth. :rolleyes:
I can fix that, though... no problem. Life is good....

j5w5ei.jpg
j5wyJm.jpg

My lethargically delivered 33 arrived today, and, sad to say for Pgg365247 Pgg365247 , this one is almost a perfect color for me... a little darkness down in the grooves of the jigging, with the rest of it a nice caramel gold color. I like it a lot. :D
F/F are just about perfect, pretty smooth walk/talk, which will undoubtedly be made even better with a little flush.
The only "issue" with it, is that I think I could maybe cut myself with it, if I put a lot of pressure down and sawed it back and forth. :rolleyes:

j5w5ei.jpg
j5wyJm.jpg
No hard feelings at all. You got a real beauty there. Put a razor edge on it and enjoy it.

j5w5ei.jpg
j5wyJm.jpg
One of the beautiful examples I’ve seen yet. Congratulations.

Back