2020 GEC#47 VIPER RUN

I had the page open on my computer and on my phone (in the background), but was away from both during the drop, so I didn't even see the notification until 45 minutes later. But it is ok. GEC still isn't as hard to get as Pappy Van Winkle. :D

At least there’s plenty of other great bourbons out there! The quality, reasonably priced traditional knife market is slim pickings these days.

I had the page open on my computer and on my phone (in the background), but was away from both during the drop, so I didn't even see the notification until 45 minutes later. But it is ok. GEC still isn't as hard to get as Pappy Van Winkle. :D
I had a similar experience. At around 3:30 my son asked me if I would come out and play catch with the football. We played until it was too dark to see. When I came in I saw the notification. Too late of course. All I could think about was...how much fun I had playing catch with my son! Of course if I hadn’t played catch and stayed by my phone my I might have gotten on the early reserve, and my arm wouldn’t be so sore today! My son is going to college next year and I don’t know how many more opportunities I will get to play catch with him. I do know that I will get a lot more chances to buy a knife. Just trying to keep things in perspective.

I had a similar experience. At around 3:30 my son asked me if I would come out and play catch with the football. We played until it was too dark to see. When I came in I saw the notification. Too late of course. All I could think about was...how much fun I had playing catch with my son! Of course if I hadn’t played catch and stayed by my phone my I might have gotten on the early reserve, and my arm wouldn’t be so sore today! My son is going to college next year and I don’t know how many more opportunities I will get to play catch with him. I do know that I will get a lot more chances to buy a knife. Just trying to keep things in perspective.
Sounds like a win to me.

At least there’s plenty of other great bourbons out there! The quality, reasonably priced traditional knife market is slim pickings these days.
You’re right. But there’s been a lot of nice knives that aren’t GEC coming—Boker, Albee’s, and some nice modern traditional knives from Lionsteel and Viper. It’s not ideal, but it’s not a desert yet.
You made the right choice!

We need some pictures :)

:D :thumbsup:

pibkAN4.jpg

BzifGUB.jpg

That beats scoring a new knife any day of the week! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is what I was busy doing when I missed the early reserve for the Beer & Sausage Knife earlier this year.

sAj8BDp.jpg

(And I still ended up snagging a pair elsewhere when they were released, so don't give up hope! ;))

I heard 250 per by someone in the know.

I spoke with someone directly yesterday with the last name Howard, that I have long term relationship with, and was told there will be 275 of each cover, (4x275= 1,100 total.) They don't know where all the other quoted quantities are coming from. They said the only way this may change, is if they run short on cover material, but everything is covered for these. They also said this mirrors what they ran for the 74's aside from the AAPK run.

:D :thumbsup:

pibkAN4.jpg

BzifGUB.jpg

That beats scoring a new knife any day of the week! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is what I was busy doing when I missed the early reserve for the Beer & Sausage Knife earlier this year.

sAj8BDp.jpg

(And I still ended up snagging a pair elsewhere when they were released, so don't give up hope! ;))
Thanks, love that picture, kids fishing nothing better! And, yeah I’m still going to keep my eyes open for one of those you never know!

I find myself again asking why make this a “smaller” run. It’s painfully obvious to me that GEC could jack the price 25% and sell 2x more than they plan to produce.

I really like hearing post like this whether it's with a wife, son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, neighbor, friend and so on, time goes by fast, enjoy, kudos to all

You know that you did the right thing . The best thing you can give your kids is time .

Harry

I really like hearing post like this whether it's with a wife, son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, neighbor, friend and so on, time goes by fast, enjoy, kudos to all

You know that you did the right thing . The best thing you can give your kids is time .
Harry
Thanks for all of the kind comments. I’m relatively new to this community, but I already feel welcome!

I had actually been checking on CK looking for the announcement. So I missed it while I was busy putting away the combine and trucks. That was one I really wanted as I have become enamored with Viper. Maybe a secondary market buy.

I had actually been checking on CK looking for the announcement. So I missed it while I was busy putting away the combine and trucks. That was one I really wanted as I have become enamored with Viper. Maybe a secondary market buy.
Sometimes it’s worth it

Reactions: E40
Back