2020 GEC#47 VIPER RUN

After the site finally loaded..."welome guest"...Doh! By the time I re-logged in...poof - all gone. Looking forward to pics of these when they arrive!

It wasn't even a full minute between the telegram notice and me logging in to the res page. Me moving as fast as I could will my fingers...screaming at the household to drop all wifi activity...and ended up on standby. Sheesh!

My wife will never understand the struggle of sanity these times bring. But at least she can use wifi again--until the next drop!

Yeah, I’m about as excited about GEC’s right now as I am about Ferraris. Unattainable or unreasonably priced.

I was there in time. Accidentally selected “notify” instead of “sure”. I resubmitted with “sure” but got put on the standby list.

I guess these things happen.

I went to the ER page just to check. Signed in and had the form filled out. Nothing yet, then I heard my phone beep. Without even looking at my phone I refreshed the page, clicked what I wanted, hit submit. Refreshed again and they were all red. Each refresh took about 5 seconds to load. They were gone in less than 20 seconds from the notification. It was just dumb luck and right place, right time for me this time but my goodness.

I knew this would happen as I was getting a haircut. I heard the notification, jumped up and said I've got to take this. Weak ass signal in the shop, had to go outside. I'm on standby...hope that's good enough.

In that case I have a hard time thinking that the full allotment was in the system for ER. I’m sure mike can clarify but that seems unusual.

I went to the ER page just to check. Signed in and had the form filled out. Nothing yet, then I heard my phone beep. Without even looking at my phone I refreshed the page, clicked what I wanted, hit submit. Refreshed again and they were all red. Each refresh took about 5 seconds to load. They were gone in less than 20 seconds from the notification. It was just dumb luck and right place, right time for me this time but my goodness.

At least 20 people have been sitting on the page since GEC announced them. I started to log everyone off right before sending the notice but decided that wasn't fair. Am not getting very many and got 400% oversubscribed before I could turn off the spigot. Had over 300 people on the page within 30 seconds. Good news - the notification system works like a champ. Bad news - standby is not a good place to be. So sorry if you didn't get your name in - wish I was getting 1000 of them.

At least 20 people have been sitting on the page since GEC announced them. I started to log everyone off right before sending the notice but decided that wasn't fair. Am not getting very many and got 400% oversubscribed before I could turn off the spigot. Had over 300 people on the page within 30 seconds. Good news - the notification system works like a champ. Bad news - standby is not a good place to be. So sorry if you didn't get your name in - wish I was getting 1000 of them.
I had better luck with the northwoods! Lol

Mike, how exactly does the standby system work? Priority based on time registered determined by the number of folks that pass on their reserved knives? Just curious, thanks.

Zac

I'm afraid I am guilty of being one of those 20. Being a software engineer, I have the "luxury" of always being in front of a computer and I generally work with good hardware and an excellent connection. That said, I've still been skunked in the past... All it takes is for me to get up and refill my coffee :oops:, walk the dogs, etc.

This time, I was bent on finding success, I've wanted this pattern for a very long time and opportunities on the secondary market are slim to none. I had just started my debugger when the notification hit - I shut it off in a hurry as that can sometimes throttle my speed. I think I did ok, not only for myself but also for a buddy whose circumstances don't allow him much success with these sorts of things (hopefully that's not frowned upon).

It used to be Northwoods were hard to get, but they at least lasted a few minutes on a scheduled release.

Back