2020 is coming...

Just wondering if the Tuff lite will be offered with different blade shapes. I have been looking at getting one, but not totally sold on one yet...

The Tuff Lite is one of my absolute favorites, carry one almost daily. At first glance it may not be the most aesthetic, but as soon as you get it in hand none of that matters.

BTW, welcome to BF!

I guess that you don't want girls to buy the 2020 knives? ;)
Chicks like xl folders too!
VcZCY21.jpg

I agree that handle thinness can be taken too far, especially when it seems out of proportion to the blade. The Broken Skull is very light for its size but I think the blade stock could have been reduced from 3.5mm to 3.0mm or even less - think of the Al Mar Eagle Ultralight.

More leaks from that Russian Instangram account, don't wanna spoil it here but here's high level description:
- An XL Voyager with Kris blade(no surprise here).
- A Kiridashi with wharnie blade, triad lock, plastic handle, looks small. I wonder if it's similar size as the Tuff Lite.
- A 4 MAX with plastic handle, the texture looks like Rajah III handle. This one was teased in one of the CS African hunting video, so also no surprise here. Likely a more affordable version that's built like the Rajah/Counterpoint series, im guessing AUS10 as well.

So far these are mostly lower-end item. I'm hoping to see some more higher end G-10 models with S35VN/20CV steel. Hell, i'll take AUS10 with G10 like the Air Lite.

Last edited:
Interesting. I could only find the kiridashi. I noticed no clip holes on the lefty side shown so I'm guessing no clip?

Whats important. Air Lite will be in two versions - drop point and tanto point. Hate you CS - I will have to buy both of them since the knife is freakin good!

Whats important. Air Lite will be in two versions - drop point and tanto point. Hate you CS - I will have to buy both of them since the knife is freakin good!

Where did you see the tanto version? did the DPO guy post more?

I'd probably buy every version and every color of air lite CS would make, if the dimension fits my need. I wonder if this is to compete with Benchmade Bugout or Para 3 lightweight.

Where did you see the tanto version? did the DPO guy post more?
Yep, they did post but its in russian and its on their site. https://d-po.ru/blog/novye-modeli-cold-steel-2020

What I love is the other side of the Air Lite. The clip looks decent. So I smell a big hit in sales. Me personally will have to buy at least two. I waited for an uncoated American Lawman but this design just blowed my mind. BTW the blade length is 89mm. So its a home run!

Last edited:
The Air Lite does look nice. I would love to see it with a 4" blade, but oh well.I'm sure it will be a big hit anyway. There is more to come, hopefully I will see something that checks all the boxes.

Yep, they did post but its in russian and its on their site. https://d-po.ru/blog/novye-modeli-cold-steel-2020

What I love is the other side of the Air Lite. The clip looks decent. So I smell a big hit in sales. Me personally will have to buy at least two. I waited for an uncoated American Lawman but this design just blowed my mind. BTW the blade length is 89mm. So its a home run!

Oh nice, this one showed both side of the knife unlike IG. Blade length being 89mm means it's 3.5" long. That's about perfect for me. Really really wished it's not to0 thin, at least same as lawman. It'd be a total home run.
If CS make a S35VN/20CV version, this will be the Para 2 killer IMO. The size and the overall shape should be very appealing to the majority of the market today.

Last edited:
The Tuff Lite is one of my absolute favorites, carry one almost daily. At first glance it may not be the most aesthetic, but as soon as you get it in hand none of that matters.
Thanks! I appreciate the welcome.

BTW, welcome to BF!

So i did some pixel counting and some math and the overall length of the Air Lite came out to be about 8.318 inches. This is almost exactly the same length as Paramilitary 2.

Here's how i came up with that:

1. Took a picture of the image from the DPO site, the blade is 733 pixels long and we already know that it's 89mm:
89mm*X=733pixels
X is the conversion from mm to pixel, and X=8.23596

2. The overall length of the knife is 1740 pixels:
1740pixels/X=211.268mm and when you convert it, it's 8.318"

Do the same for handle length and it came out to be about 4.814". Blade to handle ratio is about 0.728, which is not bad. But not as good as Benchmades which often meet or exceed 0.75. E.g. the Griptilian is 0.747. However, it's better than Paramilitary 2, which has 0.714 ratio.

This is assuming the blade length info is correct and it's between the tip to the very edge of the handle. However, CS's blade length are often not accurate, or are measured differently.

I guess I had too much time off from work... :cool:

Back