2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

It was like the Mule sales in that Spyderco servers crashed and it was impossible to complete a purchase. I tried several times over the 2 days and sign in was kicked or items sold out instantly. I would agree with others that there was a way to stop flippers and bots.

Which Mule team, was that?

I got confirmation, as well!
2x Para 3 Gray G-10 PlainEdge Maxamet - PlainEdge (XXC223GPDG $79.00 $158.00

Awaiting confirmation for the 2x LW Maxamet Native's..

Slow server cost me items I really wanted to get.. But I handed my son (15) my DLT Cruwear, Para 3, tonight. His face lit up!
So he's getting one of the Para 3's, for Christmas..
Was trying to get him a Hatchethawk, but what he doesn't know, won't cut him!

Got a Para 2 maxamet today to go with the Para 3 maxamet I snagged yesterday. Missed out on the Chaparral Sun and Moon and a Native 5 in maxamet though today but oh well I’m still happy.

I bet they drop some more tonight, probably between 4:00 and 5:00 mst.

How much was the Chaparral Sun & Moon? I didn't even see it.

Anyways, got my shipping confirmation emails, scheduled to arrive Friday. I can't wait!

How much was the Chaparral Sun & Moon? I didn't even see it.

Anyways, got my shipping confirmation emails, scheduled to arrive Friday. I can't wait!

The Sun and Moon was going for $75. The Paramilitary 2 and Para 3 in Maxamet and the Sun And Moon where the only ones really on my shopping list. I’m just glad I was able to get 2 out of the 3 with the site consistently spasming out.

The Sun and Moon was going for $75. The Paramilitary 2 and Para 3 in Maxamet and the Sun And Moon where the only ones really on my shopping list. I’m just glad I was able to get 2 out of the 3 with the site consistently spasming out.

Thanks, yes I would have loved to get the Chap. I did score a Maxamet PM2 but trading it for a Para 3.

Given the overwhelming response to this online 2nds Sale, I don't see why the company would ever hold an "in person" 2nds sale ever again.

Not saying if this is a "good" or "bad" thing but it is certainly an easier way for the company to dispense of otherwise "unsaleable" products" and, for those of us who can't make it to CO for the annual sale, more feasible to grab a 2nd when we otherwise could not.

Last edited:
I got a shipping confirm email on 1 order but not the 2nd. 1st shipment should show up this week.

Given the overwhelming response to this online 2nds Sale, I don't see why the company would ever hold an "in person" 2nds sale ever again.

That's because you've never been to an "in-person" Seconds Sale.

Because most people can't afford the money to get there or time to do so. They should do the online first and then the leftovers for an in house sale if they really want to show they care about their customers. Of course the people able to go there are not going to be happy, but good customer service pleases the most customers if done right.

If they want to be completely fair about it, they should stop doing it at all and just destroy the pieces that don't pass QC.

If you have never been to one of the in-person sales, you probably think the whole thing is just about getting stuff at deep discounts. It isn't. That is just a bonus gift, almost incidental. The online sale left out all of the parts that make the sale worth going to and kept the few things that detract from it.

If they want to be completely fair about it, they should stop doing it at all and just destroy the pieces that don't pass QC.

If you have never been to one of the in-person sales, you probably think the whole thing is just about getting stuff at deep discounts. It isn't. That is just a bonus gift, almost incidental. The online sale left out all of the parts that make the sale worth going to and kept the few things that detract from it.
That's your opinion,I think most people are looking for a new knife at a discount. I can see how being there where it all started and interacting with those people would be cool but not what got them out of bed, buying a knife IMHO is the main factor. I don't think destroying them to be "fair" is being fair at all. Agree to disagree.:)

If they continue it, it would be interesting to check it out but I'm usually not a buyer of 2nds and it's certainly not worth traveling 1/2 across the country (especially now duing the pandemic) to do so.

Heck, I haven't even driven up to Oregon to check out the annual knife show there yet (apart from the fact that this year's show was cancelled due to to C-19).

Hoping to get up there to visit the show in the next year or 2 as soon as they can hold it again.

This has popped into my head a few times now..
I do RC rock crawling and the only time through out the year, I ever get to meet or see the ppl I interact with on the forums(much like this forum), is during a competition.

Guys drive 18hrs to Alabama (13hrs for me) or fly to MD(4hr drive for me) to get together and hang out. Just to play with toys trucks.
No money to win, No toy trucks to win, Etc.. Nothing but the laughs and time spent on the rocks!
Cost is solely on the person attending. Food, hotels, parts, comp fee's, etc...

I've been to Las Vegas, Ohio, Maine, Alabama, MD, RI, CT, etc, etc, etc.. Spaced out over the years.. Just as a hobby and to see the guys, a few times a year.
Worth Every penny!

Flying to CO to do an in person, 2nds sale, would be no different and a much looked forward to, event!
A Bonus to the hobby of knife's!

So if you don't have a hobby.. Car shows, tractor show's, auto X, 4x4 events, dirt bikes, etc.. Then you'll Never understand!

Those of you that do.. You should understand the idea of the Event.. It's not for everyone.. Not Spyderco's fault if you miss out!
They enjoy the ppl that come and, the ppl that can make it, is why they do it!

Have a Grateful attitude, we got to be part of it, at all..

Got my Para 3 in Maxamet in today. The blade favored the show side but I fixed that and it has a couple of minor scuffs on the g10 but I’m pretty pleased with it. I’ve got my fingers crossed that my PM 2 in Maxamet coming in tomorrow is in this great of a shape too.

0V3nfyM.jpg

yapiVFD.jpg

dWLDZO5.jpg

I feel some people take this thing way too seriously and heavily. It's just some pocket knives that were discounted because they have minor defects. If you got one or two, good for you. If not, it is not the end of the world; plenty available at dealers, just cost a bit more. With the 18 hours spent on refreshing spyderco.com, I'm sure each of us can make at least $300 (most people probably can make more than that).

I appreciate Sal and Co. made the factory 2nds available online, even if I did not get any (which is perfectly fine with me).

Received my SpyOpera today. Absolute perfection. I cannot find any flaws in this knife. Even in nitpicky mode I am still having a hard time finding fault with this knife.

The small "2nd" mark on the spine is super small and non obtrusive. What an absolute deal.

With the 18 hours spent on refreshing spyderco.com, I'm sure each of us can make at least $300
I only spent a small fraction of that amount of time on the sale but I work hourly these days and lost over $100 in salary due to the sale, and I never got to the point of even successfully putting a product into my shopping cart, much less actually purchasing anything.

Back