2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

I wasn’t able to get anything but am grateful Spyderco gave us all the chance to participate this year. Congrats to everyone who scored.

I didn't try to buy anything, but it was fun to peek in every once in a while to see what was for sale and what the discounts were. There seemed to be a good selection with great prices.

I did see that the site was getting overrun several times. I'm sure people will complain about that, but I think it was nice of Spyderco to even put the sale online. Sure, things didn't go perfectly, but it's a treat to even have a chance at buying something without going to their retail store.

I still want to make it out to the store for their seconds sale. I think the trip out there would be half the fun.

Everything that you click on that initially shows available says out of stock now, maybe it`s just done for today and they`re adding more tomorrow, hopefully a Spyderco rep can let us know in thread.

Everything that you click on that initially shows available says out of stock now, maybe it`s just done for today and they`re adding more tomorrow, hopefully a Spyderco rep can let us know in thread.

It’s done.
99115A06-EBF2-459E-A50B-0BDE799A09AD.jpeg

It was Amazing of Spyderco family, to treat is to the sale!
While texting a few other friends and members. I had to remind them, it wasn't Spyderco that was at fault.
The interweb bots, scalper's, and flipper's (like identity thief's) were the issue!

The server's couldn't handle it.

But let me tell you.. Frustrations, yelling, pacing, wearing out my poor phone, missing out on things you had in cart.. oh yeah, that All happened! Lol..

The only thing I would like to see in the future(if that ever happens again) Limits and If it's in your cart, it's yours for a certain time frame, while you shop.
I mean, you go to the factory, grocery store, mall, etc.. If it's in your cart and not on the shelf, it's "yours"..

Then again.. I probably saved a Lot of pennies, not being able to do that! Lol..
So.. double edged Nightstick, there!

None the less. I'm glad it happened and Glad it's Over!

Yes I really enjoyed it and wouldn’t have been able to participate if it was in person. With how fast it all went I wonder if this will be online next year again. I think they could collect orders and them merge shipments by account into one box. It would reduce warehouse effort and shipping cost to us.

I scored a Police in K390 and I am looking forward to that. I wanted a Native Chief in K390 but this wii do.

Just an hr & 20 mins later but no "Respect" in sight. One of the few knives I'd buy as a 2nd. Wonder what the price for 2nds was. Oh well . . .

They must have A LOT of Parata 2nds on hand or people just think (as I do) that it's a weird design. Great for skinning game but not sure what else.

It's been on the site for the whole day and it's still "in stock." In fact, it's the only thing "in stock" at this moment.

LOL!! ;)

Update: Page now says "Thanx Much! Sold Out." Is that a wrap? o_O
I believe the Respect was $273.

$263. I had one in my cart when I went to the checkout, but it was gone before I could finish.

I wonder how many of these when they come up for resale will have seconds in the description. I know the great people on here will say so but pretty sure sellers on other sites will not. Similar in some ways to selling a car with a salvage title, it almost always goes for considerably less. I hope the marking showing it a second are easily discernible, even with not so good pictures. I don't have the luxury of not worrying about resale value(except for obvious users), during bad times selling my things has saved my a**. Good luck though to the buyers, it does look like fun.

I just missed the Spydiechef as well. I just missed it. I wonder how long they were up.

I didn't buy anything in the end. It was still cool getting a peek into the sale.

A note to whoever bought the last $42 Matriarch as it tried to add it to my cart and checkout; you made me sad.

Did anyone else notice the last lone item on the sale was the poor Spyderco Parata that no one wanted? It has to be good market research when even at seconds pricing, no one wants this knife.

6OJKNJw.jpg

It was like the Mule sales in that Spyderco servers crashed and it was impossible to complete a purchase. I tried several times over the 2 days and sign in was kicked or items sold out instantly. I would agree with others that there was a way to stop flippers and bots.

Reactions: DMG
A note to whoever bought the last $42 Matriarch as it tried to add it to my cart and checkout; you made me sad.
I was actually ahead of you, but still behind whomever got it. ;)
Kidding, but that one and the Spydiechef bummed me out. I'm glad for everyone that got their stuff though.

Reactions: DMG
I watched but didn’t get anything, congrats to those that did.

I was surprised that there weren’t more knives listed. I guess I expected to see more steels than they had.

And that poor Parata, I almost bought one because I felt sorry for it.

Back