2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

After weeks of careful consideration, we have made the decision to take the 2020 Factory Seconds Sale entirely online. The health and safety of our guests, staff, and local community remains our top priority, and we feel this decision aligns with that priority based on the evolving COVID-19 situation in our state. These developments would likely have required a cancellation in the days leading up to the in-person event, and we want to focus our efforts on making the online event an outstanding experience for everyone.

While we are disappointed we won’t be able to gather together in Golden this year, we are incredibly appreciative of the support and enthusiasm for this event. As we continue to move forward with the first-ever Online Seconds Sale, please follow our social media channels or our forum for the latest updates and announcements.

Kristi
It took me 45 minutes (after the site crashed about 30 times) to get to the screen to put in my credit card, after about 20 tries I just gave up.

It's not an error; anything over $150.00 is free shipping...
I bit the bullet and paid the per transaction shipping fee. After reloading the page over and over again, I was afraid I would lose what I had in the cart.

looks like there were some nice deals. congrats to all who made a buy!

I totally forgot about it!

Everybody scarfed em up, LOL I didnt get even 1.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Congrats to all that got a good buy on them.

I was getting frustrated yesterday and worked through my lunch break at my desk but in the end it worked out great for me!

Glad to get some models I've always wanted to try but never pulled the trigger because of price. Well, some of those deals yesterday I couldn't resist. I'm pretty happy with my haul and if I don't like them I'll either gift them, trade them or stick them in the safe for my son. I'm still hoping to score a couple more models today and tomorrow. Good luck to all!

New knives just added and Chef's knife (my favorite for the kitchen) have been added...

Haven't paid it for awhile because I always try to spend at least $150 but, as I recall, it's a flat fee of $9 (for USPS Priority Mail shipping) regardless of the amount of the purchase ($0.01-$149.99).

I stand corrected (as usual). Apparently, they've raised the fee to $13, as others note below. Another reason to buy at least $150 worth of stuff. ;)

Last edited:
Waterway ordered last night. A couple things popped up yesterday and today that I sort of wanted but wasn't going to check out each time and pay $13 shipping for every one. Not sure how feasible it would've been but wish there was a way they could've put all your items together after the sale ended then figure out shipping.

One way to deal with all the bot issues I've seen on other events that has worked well is to only allow each person to buy 1-2 per item, set a max total quantity, say 4-5, and also allow them to save carts for say 12 hours, to checkout when the traffic is lower. The thing that allows bots to be so destructive is sites that don't limit quantity because just one bot can wipe everything available out. It also allows people not to have to spend $13 shipping five times a day, and tons less packages Spyderco has to prepare and ship if they are not already combining them.

Most of the load/crashing (outside of bots) is usually with the cart systems being overloaded because everyone is fighting to panic check out so they don't lose what's in their cart if others get checked out first. It also has the advantage of old cart items being sprinkled back into the system all the time.

If it's "fun" to play the game it might be worth it. These days I look at it like this, I get paid $XX/hr at work, if I have to spend 5 hours monitoring random knife drops and trying to fight checking out, spending $13 shipping per knife to make sure it doesn't go out of stock, just to save basically 50% street prices, that's just bad economics. Of course if you are buying tons of them and flipping them then I guess it becomes a money making event. Some people love it though, I know guys at work making $75/hr that spend days scouring the internet black friday week to save way less than the time they lost, it's a sport for them.

At the end of the day you will never please anyone with these types of sales, no matter how they are run.

Last edited:
They've apparently "fixed" the site. Am able to log on every time.

Only problem is there's "no there, there" because almost (if not) everythign is OOS.

Whatk happens if they hold a sale and have nothing to sell or available to buy?

o_O:rolleyes::(:thumbsdown: :confused::eek::poop:

dang $87 for all black yojimbo?! wish i had gotten on that one

Can’t get on again. Will be even worse tomorrow because it’s Saturday. Back to work.

Back