2021 #85 Crown Lifter

The micarta knives look good but the smooth red bone knives will likely take the price.

These knives are so cool. A crown lifter on a 14 is still my dream, but I'd be happy to try out an 85 pattern for this one.

I'm smitten with this thing now, going to do my best to pick one up. I'll be hitting refresh a lot over the next little while.

Don't drink and count? What about drinking and we'll....
QWQiicm.jpg

I'm lusting after a Helvie. Patiently waiting for them to release more as I refuse to pay secondary prices.

View attachment 1516302 View attachment 1516294 View attachment 1516293 View attachment 1516292

I do not have any smooth red bone, but here are some other examples of GEC red. M mcc850 . They have very nice red dyes, and these 85’s look well saturated. This red bone is going to make it a bit easier to get a dead skunk I bet. My first choice has definitely switched! I believe this run of 85’s will reach epic status one day, similar to the Scouts and Beer Scouts. I haven’t been so excited about a knife in a long time.

EDIT, Texoma Texoma , OMG, you might be correct. That might not be red after all. If it is elderberry I sure hope it remains dark!

Last edited:
View attachment 1516302 View attachment 1516294 View attachment 1516293 View attachment 1516292

I do not have any smooth red bone, but here are some other examples of GEC red. M mcc850 . They have very nice red dyes, and these 85’s look well saturated. This red bone is going to make it a bit easier to get a dead skunk I bet. My first choice has definitely switched! I believe this run of 85’s will reach epic status one day, similar to the Scouts and Beer Scouts. I haven’t been so excited about a knife in a long time.
Your red bone GECs look fantastic! I have double checked with my dealer to make sure that I am still reserved for a red bone, and I'm in! I hope you can get your hands on one too. I noticed my collection the other day did not have any color besides normal wood/bone variants, and that I needed to find something red. This was also when I was assuming the 85 bone was going to be white though. Really excited to add some color!

Are all bone covers either smooth or jigged? Something like leathered bone would be pretty dang cool.

Seems like they greased up some dead skunks
IMG_3287.jpg

Looks good I'd say.
IMG_3289.jpg

Raw skunk
IMG_3286.jpg

I wonder why this has a black line down the center on some. Other uses of this cover didn't have that. It's fine, sets it apart from the other runs just curious...

Back