2021 Summer Kitchen Kith New Deadline: August 29

Just so you all know, we are currently full lockdown in nz so I may not be able to post straight away. Still keen to contribute just may have to send it a few days late.

I appreciate it. I have new steel hopefully here by middle of next week and will still try and meet deadline. Just not sure I can make it but will be trying.
I can send you a big blank that is already ground and hardened. You can grind it into your own shape and clean it up and toss a handle on it. It's a leftover from a KITH about 3 years ago and probably won't get finished any time soon. I have several blade you could choose from. 360.305.6225 shoot me a text.

Oh. They are 15n20

I can send you a big blank that is already ground and hardened. You can grind it into your own shape and clean it up and toss a handle on it. It's a leftover from a KITH about 3 years ago and probably won't get finished any time soon. I have several blade you could choose from. 360.305.6225 shoot me a text.

Oh. They are 15n20
Appreciate it. Got steel today and already cut a blank. Will heat treat tomorrow and hopefully finish it Saturday or Sunday

im out of this guys, sorry about that.

Here it is with the new cocobolo handle. I'm glad I redid the handle, the one I made from wenge felt a bit too small. I'll try to glue it up tomorrow.

gm3Hxtb.jpg

I finished my knife today. Here are the details:

Steel: AEB-L, dry ice, tempered at 350°F
Thickness: 1.5mm
Height: 48mm
Blade length: ~170mm
Handle length: ~130mm
Weight: 128g/4.5oz
Handle: Cocobolo sanded to 2,000 grit
Balance point is slightly in front of choil
I hand sanded the blade to 600 grit and then used a superfine Scotchbrite belt.

Here is a picture of the completed knife:
QZcjOO8.jpg

Willie71, did you get my email? I saw your address in one of your profile comments, but wanted to make sure it went through to you OK!

Back