3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad has a colt single action army chambered in .357 magnum and a S&W model 10 and both are joys to shoot

4" HB Model-10 rocks. DA-only. yeah. that's my IDPA revolver.

bighoss said:
I used to have a stainless blackhawk in .45 colt. Really liked that gun but it was too expensive to feed. Need to replace it with a super blackhawk with an unfluted cylinder.

it's all about the handloading... and that blackhawk can be had with a .45acp cylinder as well, which is way cheaper than .45colt. I think that's pretty much the perfect handgun, but I do like the more compact .35 as well, with its lovely proportions. 180gr XTP's at 1000fps are my fav's :D

I have $122 of CPM154 in a Jantz shopping cart. BAD Daizee! No new projects before finishing at least 1/3 of the existing ones!
"But Mooooom!!!"

Last edited:
I love shooting my Colt SAA 32-20. Loads of fun. But the Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt with black powder loads is a blast! Reloading is the way to go.

it's all about the handloading... and that blackhawk can be had with a .45acp cylinder as well, which is way cheaper than .45colt. I think that's pretty much the perfect handgun, but I do like the more compact .35 as well, with its lovely proportions. 180gr XTP's at 1000fps are my fav's :D

Yeah, I still don't have a press yet. I would if it weren't for the vacation I'm currently on.

And in other news...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=300965263387098

I really, really hate these things.... Killed one in the smoke house last week and one under the propane tank.

Shotgun everything that moves...

And this is a no shxxxxer.....

Redneck AC as devised by a friend of mine when the compressor went out on his AC unit in 100+ temps and a day or 2 wait for the repairman. Each ice chest has 20# of ice. He even improvised on the duct tape using painter's tape as the duct tape ran out. His wife posted this on her FB account

Redneck AC - K Hoelscher.jpg

His wife also wrote she was off to the local La Quinta...

Redneck AC as devised by a friend of mine when the compressor went out on his AC unit in 100+ temps and a day or 2 wait for the repairman. Each ice chest has 20# of ice. He even improvised on the duct tape using painter's tape as the duct tape ran out. His wife posted this on her FB account

a swamp cooler - now with ice!!

What I never saw was what the camera guy was wearing. As close as he got to some of them crawling around loose and as thick as the brush was, I'm sure he was struck/struck at multiple times.

View attachment 466199

Seen stuff like that a few times. I've even heard of guys using small pumps and tubing to circulate the ice water in front of the fan.

Yep, but it's the first time I actually knew someone who did it for real, and not as a joke, just for a "see what you can do" moment.

Morning Snark.

Welcome home WW. Those pictures look sweet man! Looks like it was an awesome trip!

Fly! That knife looks sweet bud! get some scales one it!

View attachment 466199

Did that actually work?

I was gonna try the 5 gallon bucket ac set up.. I just havent had time.. It's been so hot this summer, i've been sleeping down stairs on the couch, it's atleast 10 degrees cooler down there. it's been in the high 90's almost all year and in the summer it's in the 100's... we are on severe drought mode out here and on strict sprinkler usage, $1000.00 fine if there is water on the sidewalk when using sprinklers... we have turned off our sprinklers cause having green grass is not on my priority list... can you believe there are people actually arguing and finding when and what times to water?? every other day for odd numbered houses for 3 to 8 minutes at a time... I told them "keep water your grass and instead of grass watering, those days are gonna be when we have to go get water from the water truck".... green grass is priority... check out this picture from Folsom Lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back