3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Jonny1280, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    4" HB Model-10 rocks. DA-only. yeah. that's my IDPA revolver.

it's all about the handloading... and that blackhawk can be had with a .45acp cylinder as well, which is way cheaper than .45colt. I think that's pretty much the perfect handgun, but I do like the more compact .35 as well, with its lovely proportions. 180gr XTP's at 1000fps are my fav's :D

I have $122 of CPM154 in a Jantz shopping cart. BAD Daizee! No new projects before finishing at least 1/3 of the existing ones!
    "But Mooooom!!!"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Ray Settanta

Ray Settanta

Aug 30, 2012
    I love shooting my Colt SAA 32-20. Loads of fun. But the Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt with black powder loads is a blast! Reloading is the way to go.

3. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
  4. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Yeah, I still don't have a press yet. I would if it weren't for the vacation I'm currently on.

Shotgun everything that moves...

5. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    And this is a no shxxxxer.....

Redneck AC as devised by a friend of mine when the compressor went out on his AC unit in 100+ temps and a day or 2 wait for the repairman. Each ice chest has 20# of ice. He even improvised on the duct tape using painter's tape as the duct tape ran out. His wife posted this on her FB account

Redneck AC - K Hoelscher.jpg

His wife also wrote she was off to the local La Quinta...

6. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    a swamp cooler - now with ice!!

7. OutdoorsFamilyMan4

OutdoorsFamilyMan4

Jan 20, 2012
    Nothing a few sticks of dynamite couldnt fix:D (dropped from a helicopter):D

8. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    What I never saw was what the camera guy was wearing. As close as he got to some of them crawling around loose and as thick as the brush was, I'm sure he was struck/struck at multiple times.

9. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Seen stuff like that a few times. I've even heard of guys using small pumps and tubing to circulate the ice water in front of the fan.

10. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Yep, but it's the first time I actually knew someone who did it for real, and not as a joke, just for a "see what you can do" moment.

11. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    Well summer is officially over, I go back to school in 8 1/2 hours :(

12. DJG097

DJG097

Apr 19, 2009
    As do I, I will say, this summer has been the best in a long time, especially today.

13. iwouldhurtafly

iwouldhurtafly

Dec 3, 2010
    Thanks guys! Should be a lot of fun!

14. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    Same here, overall good couple of months

15. mountainmist

mountainmist

Jun 12, 2013
    Have fun, Spike!

Ugh, school today aswell for me...

16. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Morning Snark.

Welcome home WW. Those pictures look sweet man! Looks like it was an awesome trip!

Fly! That knife looks sweet bud! get some scales one it!

17. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks man, you too

18. TMHunt

TMHunt Knifemaker/Moderator Moderator

Jan 15, 2012

Did that actually work?

19. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    I was gonna try the 5 gallon bucket ac set up.. I just havent had time.. It's been so hot this summer, i've been sleeping down stairs on the couch, it's atleast 10 degrees cooler down there. it's been in the high 90's almost all year and in the summer it's in the 100's... we are on severe drought mode out here and on strict sprinkler usage, $1000.00 fine if there is water on the sidewalk when using sprinklers... we have turned off our sprinklers cause having green grass is not on my priority list... can you believe there are people actually arguing and finding when and what times to water?? every other day for odd numbered houses for 3 to 8 minutes at a time... I told them "keep water your grass and instead of grass watering, those days are gonna be when we have to go get water from the water truck".... green grass is priority... check out this picture from Folsom Lake. [​IMG]

20. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    "Get plenty of rest" and "drink lots of fluids" are two conflicting things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.