3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of y'all from the western suburbs of Chicago? I've got a work trip coming up in late October that I'm considering extending to go visit my childhood home and am wondering if there is actually anything to do after I spend 10 minutes sitting outside it in a rental car like the creepy, middle aged man I'll seem like.

Stay in the hotel and rent Grosse Pointe Blank.

Well, Dubz, if you come out to visit him over the next 9 months or so, feel free to stop by. We'll cook some grub up for ya.
Thanks man, appreciate it.
Holy Hell, somebody just scored the deal of the decade on a Brute over on the ESEE forum.

Saw that one too. 'Twas a good deal indeed.

Last edited:
Slow snark this morning....

Slow at work this morning too. Not like im wishing for it to get busy but i like a solid pace to get me through the day.

Slow snark this morning....

Slow at work this morning too. Not like im wishing for it to get busy but i like a solid pace to get me through the day.

Quite the opposite for me. I went to my buddies shop this morning hoping there wasn't much to do. There's a couple T.M.Hunt back burner projects that im wanting to get off the ground. I say T.M.Hunt projects because now that I am self employed, I have changed the name on my tax id # so I can broaden my horizons. All of my knife work and knife related stuff is under T.M.Hunt, and all of my metal fab work is under TMH Metalwerx. So, if anybody wonders why paypal receipts say metalwerx, you know why.......
Anyway, getting back to the topic, I was hoping I could play with a couple of ideas, but as soon as everybody else showed up, I got bombarded with about 5 different things to do. So, to combat everybody bothering me. I went to town, gathered the materials, and brought them to my home shop to work in peace. Nobody but the dog to bother me here. Lol

Man i spent several hours last night trying to bring out the temper line on my choppy. Just to have to start over this morning.....

I would "etch" it, then polish, then etch, then polish.... When i finally got it where i was happy, and the line was visible at every angle even in low light, i neutralized the "acids" and then polished it up real good.... Too good. I polished it back to its starting position pretty much....

Back at it today, but after neutralizing this time im just going to do a light buffing and not use the Flitz and see if i can keep the etched temper line popping out.

Anyways thats what i been up to.....

My phone is half dead with all the surfing I've been doing today :( its an odd thing for it to be this slow. Ill most likely be buried in paperwork at 2pm when other people go home.

Backburner projects eh? Something sharp and pretty?

Okay, I ordered a Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel. Now what am I supposed to do with it?

I'll show you at the Gathering. (and no, I'm not being a smart-alec for a change... I really do have a CSSFS project in the works that should be ready by then...)

Anyone besides me experiencing probs with submitting a reply? Damn near every time I hit post, it lags big time, then asks me if I wanna stay, or leave the page.

Same here, plus weird pop-ups and other foolishness. My puter needs a thorough cleaning and updates anyway, but BFC is by far the site I have the most trouble with. :(

Okay, I ordered a Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel. Now what am I supposed to do with it?

The only thing I own that throws better than that shovel is a Norlund with a framing hammer handle.

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

So school has started and I am taking more hours that I ever have so far, and its been an interesting balancing act. Plus my wife is finishing her masters, and my kids started school at the same time! Awesome LOL.

BUT I was taking a minute the other night to grab a pile of knives, sit in the backyard, have a cigar, and light a little fire... All was going well and while I was whittling away I caught something out of the corner of my eye. So I glanced, did a double take, then slowly backed out of my chair. Sniffing around in the grass, close enough for me to reach down and scratch its ears was a big ol skunk! :eek: I backed up out of firing range slow enough not to startle it, then commenced trying to get it out of my back yard. As it was leaving it got distracted at the fence so I reached down to pick up a little stick to toss and remind him where he was going. As I reeled back to toss it I felt something slither across my foot and up my calf. Well of course it was a nice friendly snake :eek: so I kicked it off, said a few choice words, and decided it was time to go inside for a moment. LOL Dang nature...

Trade is the master at getting to what is important!

That sounds like the perfect time to be carrying a suppressed subsonic .22 to dispatch nature.

I agree with the above statements and am also interested in the brand of cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back