3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but I'd rather not face either. Dinosaurs belong in museums. And dinosaurs that want to eat my leg or other needed parts belong as far from me as possible.
I'm not a real good swimmer and have kinda avoided swimming in rivers and lakes my whole life. So, getting dragged under and stuffed under a log so they can eat me later is not happening.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and luck!

Today was loads of fun, I didn't win or anything, I forgot a cut and had to go back to it so that hurt my time pretty good lol but I still had a blast. I learned so much and can't wait to get home and practice more. I look forward to the next competition I get to attend.

I made it through the first 2x4 pretty quick, but screwed up on the dang straws.... They are tough cuts! Then I cut both the rolling golf ball and rolling tennis balls great.. I was proud of myself on those because yesterday in training I had a little difficulty on the rolling golf ball... I went perfectly in the target zone of the wooden dowel but didn't hit through hard enough to cut all the way through so I got no points there...I made it through all 6 water bottles... I didn't make it through the 2" rope but did make it through the 1" rope... At this point I forgot about the plastic cup with a ball under it so I was called back for that... I made it through the cup but not the ball under it so I got half the points.... Then came the vertical 2x4 cut.... At this point my arm was tired and I didn't do as well on that as I did yesterday in practice but I made it through it anyways lol

I got lots of pictures and will try and figure out a place to post them when I get home 2moro... I don't want to bomb the snark thread with too many pictures.... I'm wearing a beckerhead shirt in a lot of them but I don't know if that makes it enough Becker content lmao I'm wearing a TMHunt shirt in a lot of them too :D

Anyways me and the wife decided to stay another night, so we are going to enjoy the rest of our stay relaxing. Hope everyone had a great weekend... Mine was indeed an excellent experience and I hope more people decide to get into this sport. I'd love to see you guys out there!

The most terrifying are the formal crocs. They'll lure you in with their sophistication and then devastate you with their dashing style.

22E1A776-7325-44ED-A9E6-1909612321ED_zps9om1kxc1.jpg

Damned big gator! I've never been in close proximity to a live gator nor do I want to be. They're freakin' dinosaurs! And mean as all get out to boot. No sir, not for me.

Wild gators aren't bad at all.... They generally run from humans. Unless you happen upon their nest. The ones humans feed are by far the most dangerous.

Doc

Is that ground mustard or ground pepper on the wood with the cheese? Both I think would be amazing! I really need to get over to your country. My mom's side of the family is from there, it would be nice to actually see WHERE the family is from. The Chateaux is awesome, I couldn't imagine having a house like that, hell I couldn't imagine having a house that other people would want to stop and see, at all! That is so cool man! Thanks for showing the pictures. (Also, thank you for not including any of the Manneken Pis pictures.)

It's Celery Salt, pretty good actually. Oldskool as well.

Yeah I hear ya on the Chateaux, it's somewhat voyeurism, but oh well. The place exists sinds like 1600 or something, and terrasses have been added over the centuries. The 'castle' in its current form is more or less from the 1800s.

If you ever decide to come over, don't hesitate to contact me. It's not like Belgium is that big. I could take some time off and show you around. Get you to places fo' sum beer tastin'. And knife wielding.

Son and I got home a bit earlier from the cabin. Worked our asses off, but had a blast. First time in years we've done something with just the two of us.

45 minutes of plum picking netted us 30 pounds of wild plums.
Taking advantage of the nice weather, we went for a walk around the pastures and picked another 6 pounds, which was a nice bonus.
10522750_950075238352347_2733672819724634788_n.jpg

Enjoy yer Ribfest, Tim. I might have a few beers this afternoon, we are supposed to go boating with friends (if the weather holds).

I did! Thanks Mike! The one that comes to our town is not as big as some of the other ones in the area. There are only 7 ribbers for our event, and I have seen up to 15 at others. I started my adventure off by getting a beer, then went booth to booth trying their sauces to see who had the best one, then like the fat man I am; spent $80 on three racks of ribs, a blooming onion, chicken leg, beans, a side of slaw, and another two beers (I did share a little bit with the family ;)). I dawned my rib-stain camo tshirt for this event and it worked out perfectly.

(pictured here)
rib-stain-camo.jpg

Then we all went to the park and played for 3 hours and ran off all those ribs.

Came home cut the grass, and going to have another beer.

Time for some snark

It's On like ugly on an ape... like purple on a grape... like white on rice and cold on ice.

You cats and kittens have never let me down before when it comes to helping out your friends and neighbors or a good cause or just having some good clean fun. Don't puss out and start making excuses now. :D It's time to get freezing wet to support the charity of your choice.

(and if anyone raises concerns about Becker content, I had my favorite daypack with my beloved BK-16 mounted on the strap with me during that shoot, so there. ;) )

45 minutes of plum picking netted us 30 pounds of wild plums.
Taking advantage of the nice weather, we went for a walk around the pastures and picked another 6 pounds, which was a nice bonus.
10522750_950075238352347_2733672819724634788_n.jpg

We call those sugarplums around here. I don't see then around here (i think they like sandy soil), but i use to have one in my aunt's yard in northern Michigan. Where i loved for a short time. When they were in bloom (late summer)I would bring my coffee and guitar out to the tree and sit under it and eat them while playing. It made for a great day to start my mornings like that.

Heck of a haul, Erik!

We call those sugarplums around here. I don't see then around here (i think they like sandy soil), but i use to have one in my aunt's yard in northern Michigan. Where i loved for a short time. When they were in bloom (late summer)I would bring my coffee and guitar out to the tree and sit under it and eat them while playing. It made for a great day to start my mornings like that.

I never took you as a damn hippy.

Son and I got home a bit earlier from the cabin. Worked our asses off, but had a blast. First time in years we've done something with just the two of us.

Did you bring your allotment of chiggers home with you this time? . . . or don't you know yet?

:devilish:

Did you bring your allotment of chiggers home with you this time? . . . or don't you know yet?

:devilish:

Unfortunately, I did get them again. Not near as bad as last time though. By the way, Deep Woods Off sucks, haha. I hear hat "Buggins" is good. I thought about buying some of the Sawyer bug spray, same outfit that makes the water filters. I hear good things about it as well.

Reminds me of the good ole' days.

When I was a Junior in high school, my parents took the family to a cabin in nw Arkansas where we stayed for four days & nights. I was sneaking around smoking at the time and went out behind the cabin a few times to sneak a smoke. Weeds were about waist high and thick in the area and I came back literally covered in chiggers from the waist down. I can remember borrowing clear fingernail polish from Mom and liberally painting myself from the waist down. Lemme' tell you . . . fingernail polish burns when applied to certain spots of the anatomy. ;)

Never want to go through that again. :thumbdn:

It's Celery Salt, pretty good actually. Oldskool as well.

Yeah I hear ya on the Chateaux, it's somewhat voyeurism, but oh well. The place exists sinds like 1600 or something, and terrasses have been added over the centuries. The 'castle' in its current form is more or less from the 1800s.

If you ever decide to come over, don't hesitate to contact me. It's not like Belgium is that big. I could take some time off and show you around. Get you to places fo' sum beer tastin'. And knife wielding.
I will definitely let you know. I know celery salt. I will spread some of that on top of my hot dogs to make them ummy yummy goodness! (Or as we call it here, Chicago-Style)It will be a while before it happens but I'll check!

Welcome back! That is awesome.

I did! Thanks Mike! The one that comes to our town is not as big as some of the other ones in the area. There are only 7 ribbers for our event, and I have seen up to 15 at others. I started my adventure off by getting a beer, then went booth to booth trying their sauces to see who had the best one, then like the fat man I am; spent $80 on three racks of ribs, a blooming onion, chicken leg, beans, a side of slaw, and another two beers (I did share a little bit with the family ;)). I dawned my rib-stain camo tshirt for this event and it worked out perfectly.

(pictured here)
rib-stain-camo.jpg

Then we all went to the park and played for 3 hours and ran off all those ribs.

Came home cut the grass, and going to have another beer.

Time for some snark
St. Louis has a Rib-Fest every year too, we usually have 30 or so sellers I think.

Heck of a haul, Erik!
This! Very nice Erik, that should be yummy!

Welcome back WW, glad you had a good time.

Unfortunately, I did get them again. Not near as bad as last time though. By the way, Deep Woods Off sucks, haha. I hear hat "Buggins" is good. I thought about buying some of the Sawyer bug spray, same outfit that makes the water filters. I hear good things about it as well.

Back in the day when we had a lot of chiggers around here (the ONLY advantage of fire ants is that they have just about eliminated chiggers around here), we would dust our pants, socks and shoes with sulfur. It kept the chiggers off, added a little sulfur to the soil for trace element fertilizer and worked better than any of the "insect repellents available in the stores. Haven't bought any lately (still working on the last 2 50 lb sacks that were bought 10-12 years ago) but it was way cheaper to use too.

I have heard of the sulfur thing before. I just have them around my ankles this time. Last time it was all the way up to the waist line. Haven't bothered me all day, but when I took my socks off tonight....damn.

Thanks Cbear, we had fun. I'll post photos tomorrow. Going to bed now. I worked harder yesterday than I do for two week at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back