#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Matt_WY, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I use the Swiss Army Knife toothpick all the time, and I don't never even wash it.

joetothemo, Cutfinger, meako and 9 others like this.
  2. M B

M B Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    the dog would absolutely LOVE the comb on this thing.

3. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    We had those kind of things here in Europe too :eek::D I had long very thick hair in those days (sigh!) but those things could create weird bald patches and were agony to use, scalping must be similar :D
    It's OK cutting your own hair IF you use QUALITY scissors, but I gave that up in the last century. Anyway, my current hairdresser is a v.beautiful woman;) Nor did we have any of those absurd shutdowns here of those types of business.

Beard comb? Could double up as nostril hair groomer for those after a comb-over :D;)

4. Bastler

Bastler Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2020
    I thought about letting my ear hair grow and tying it in a bun to cover my bald spot.

FOG2, Onearmbladenut, gaj999 and 4 others like this.
  5. TraditionalMedicinal

TraditionalMedicinal Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Ah a strainer! That was my first thought when I saw the prong on the end but I couldn't picture using it for that (food safety, design), I could maybe see using it for other things though, it's a little weird.. I'm a little weird.. still in!

I usually use other fingernails to clean underneath, if somethings really stubborn I'll grab a knife or whatever but they stay pretty clean from hand washing and showers

6. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    My GEC dealer is not a BF supporter. His name is "top secret" ! He posted a pre-order for the #35 Beer & Sausage knife on his web-sight. He told me that he will be getting sixty-five #35 Beer & Sausage knives from GEC. Within hours his emails went crazy. He is booked solid ! I think I am four on the list. I am down for two unfinished #23LL knives and both #33 conductor knives. After GEC receives some bovine cattle bone , things will really start rocking at GEC. I know the comb is geeky , but I just had to go for it. GEC Autumn Leaf jigged bone is beautiful. These knives will fly and the Evil-bay suckers will go fool !

7. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018

Pretty sure that’s who emailed emailed when I saw it on his site. But I never got a response.

like I said before- No SFO decision better equal no fighting with people or offering my wife for a damn GEC.

Onearmbladenut and Travman like this.
  8. rpstrimple

rpstrimple Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Same here. No reply yet. And I emailed pretty early (I think). Really hoping I get one of these as I am one of the folks who really like em and want one.

Onearmbladenut, Travman and bbk357 like this.
  9. rpstrimple

rpstrimple Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just got notification that I made the cut and have one reserved. Can't wait to get it!

Onearmbladenut and sitflyer like this.
  10. Babalu32

Babalu32

Jan 4, 2018
    That prong on the end of the comb I thought is just there to open it, no room for a nick. Dunno tho.

11. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    The end of the comb is so you don’t have to touch things with your finger, like those new keychains everywhere
    [​IMG]

12. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Comb your beard first though, so you speard crap everywhere instead of keeping people safe.;)

btb01, sitflyer and gaj999 like this.
  13. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    I think some folks oil it most times after they use it and also oil the blade. Others only oil it every once in a while and only the joint.

14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I thought those were knuckle-dusters! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

t.willy, Jody744, Jolipapa and 4 others like this.
  15. Jiki

Jun 12, 2018
    So if I carry this I won't get the Covid?
    [​IMG]

16. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    If you carry it properly, you won't get covid. No one will come near you.

EngrSorenson, t.willy, btb01 and 8 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    And you'll probably get free access to the TP aisle :eek: :D :thumbsup:

18. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I picture lee marvin clicking his tongue and winking when I see that knife

Jody744 and Jiki like this.
  19. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I may have gotten a reservation...:eek:o_O

Interested in seeing what the covers will be!!!

I'm definitely not combing my beard with it though!!!

btb01 likes this.
  20. Jiki

Jun 12, 2018
    What about the wookie on your head?;):D

Cutfinger likes this.