#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

I keep seeing all this fuss about the comb and how "unsanitary" it is, and just keep wondering who doesn't clean their nails with their knife, and what they use instead?

Although I may not be in the accepted school of thought on things, because I also don't give a hoot whether I lube my knife joints with "food grade" oil, either. I honestly never even gave it a thought until seeing it here, but honestly, how wet do you leave your knife if you're worried about enough oil from the joint getting into your food to actually hurt you?
I use the Swiss Army Knife toothpick all the time, and I don't never even wash it.

You know, if the blade and the comb share a pivot, you could open both and have a poor facsimile of that do-it-yourself hair trimmer they used to advertise in TV back in the early '70s ...

We had those kind of things here in Europe too :eek::D I had long very thick hair in those days (sigh!) but those things could create weird bald patches and were agony to use, scalping must be similar :D
It's OK cutting your own hair IF you use QUALITY scissors, but I gave that up in the last century. Anyway, my current hairdresser is a v.beautiful woman;) Nor did we have any of those absurd shutdowns here of those types of business.

Beard comb? Could double up as nostril hair groomer for those after a comb-over :D;)

who doesn't clean their nails with their knife, and what they use instead?

Ah a strainer! That was my first thought when I saw the prong on the end but I couldn't picture using it for that (food safety, design), I could maybe see using it for other things though, it's a little weird.. I'm a little weird.. still in!

I usually use other fingernails to clean underneath, if somethings really stubborn I'll grab a knife or whatever but they stay pretty clean from hand washing and showers

My GEC dealer is not a BF supporter. His name is "top secret" ! He posted a pre-order for the #35 Beer & Sausage knife on his web-sight. He told me that he will be getting sixty-five #35 Beer & Sausage knives from GEC. Within hours his emails went crazy. He is booked solid ! I think I am four on the list. I am down for two unfinished #23LL knives and both #33 conductor knives. After GEC receives some bovine cattle bone , things will really start rocking at GEC. I know the comb is geeky , but I just had to go for it. GEC Autumn Leaf jigged bone is beautiful. These knives will fly and the Evil-bay suckers will go fool !

My GEC dealer is not a BF supporter. His name is "top secret" ! He posted a pre-order for the #35 Beer & Sausage knife on his web-sight. He told me that he will be getting sixty-five #35 Beer & Sausage knives from GEC. Within hours his emails went crazy. He is booked solid ! I think I am four on the list. I am down for two unfinished #23LL knives and both #33 conductor knives. After GEC receives some bovine cattle bone , things will really start rocking at GEC. I know the comb is geeky , but I just had to go for it. GEC Autumn Leaf jigged bone is beautiful. These knives will fly and the Evil-bay suckers will go fool !

Pretty sure that’s who emailed emailed when I saw it on his site. But I never got a response.

like I said before- No SFO decision better equal no fighting with people or offering my wife for a damn GEC.

Pretty sure that’s who emailed emailed when I saw it on his site. But I never got a response.

like I said before- No SFO decision better equal no fighting with people or offering my wife for a damn GEC.
Same here. No reply yet. And I emailed pretty early (I think). Really hoping I get one of these as I am one of the folks who really like em and want one.

The end of the comb is so you don’t have to touch things with your finger, like those new keychains everywhere
UvSOsxF.jpg

I keep seeing all this fuss about the comb and how "unsanitary" it is, and just keep wondering who doesn't clean their nails with their knife, and what they use instead?

Although I may not be in the accepted school of thought on things, because I also don't give a hoot whether I lube my knife joints with "food grade" oil, either. I honestly never even gave it a thought until seeing it here, but honestly, how wet do you leave your knife if you're worried about enough oil from the joint getting into your food to actually hurt you?
I think some folks oil it most times after they use it and also oil the blade. Others only oil it every once in a while and only the joint.

I may have gotten a reservation...:eek:o_O

Interested in seeing what the covers will be!!!

I'm definitely not combing my beard with it though!!!

Back