#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

….or maybe just a little soda (scout) to open my beer.
upload_2020-3-27_16-58-50-jpeg.1310612

Rightly criticised as well, it's an absurd knife. But, FOMO knows no absurdity ;)
A couple posts here have tried to pont out the irony that it's been criticized, but there's still a demand (citing "FOMO").

But isn't there another very possible, and even probable, explanation? By my reading there were at least as many comments here praising the quirky knife as criticizing it. So if only HALF (just for sake of discussion) of GEC's normal customer base opt to buy this novel knife.....

...wouldn't the demand still be enough to very quickly fill one dealer's pre-order??

I'm mean, the demand in GECs has just ballooned the past 5 years. Even with half the current interest, GEC wold still be absolutely sustainable as a business.

Couple that with the fact that a notable number of GEC buyers are collectors and not users. And for collectors, this knife is a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Couple that with the fact that a notable number of GEC buyers are collectors and not users. And for collectors, this knife is a no-brainer.

I've been thinking the same thing. I can only speculate but I'm guessing that only about 10% of people who buy this Beer & Sausage knife will actually use the knife.

Let's face it, it's a novelty knife and novelty knives are more often than not, cheaply made. This will be a high quality novelty knife. A no brainer for collectors indeed.

Fear of missing out
I'm thinking this has a lot to do with the crazy demand for many of the GEC knives lately.
Yes, we have the true collectors and the "flippers" but we also have many buyers that have a burning need to be able to post pics of the "flavor of the month" on the knife sites.
It truly takes all kinds.

I've been thinking the same thing. I can only speculate but I'm guessing that only about 10% of people who buy this Beer & Sausage knife will actually use the knife.

Let's face it, it's a novelty knife and novelty knives are more often than not, cheaply made. This will be a high quality novelty knife. A no brainer for collectors indeed.

Here and elsewhere folks are talking as if this is the second coming of the Beer Scout and thus the FOMO...that's why I posted my BSKs...I have no such fear...I know the BSK and this is no BSK.

I think traditional knife buying is similar to wine tasting.

There is a group of people that will need a certain set of characteristics in order to enjoy a "fine" wine. Vintage, vineyard, and so on. Other will simply taste the wine and if they like it it's good.

We have a group that look to a specific set of characteristics to label a knife as good. And others if they like the knife it is good.

What is everyone’s guess on price for these guys? North of $125?
I was thinking $115-120 for the ebony-wood & the natural canvas micarta #35 B&S. Also $125-135 for the Autumn leaf jigged bone #35. Prices will go up very quickly and the flippers will go fool. I will be trying to buy two leaf jigged or one leaf jigged and an ebony #35. I am still waiting on the two different Northfield #23LL knives to be assembled. I will have a Custom fixed blade knife made in September. Maybe some #74s & "47s in the near future. Things are looking great.

I have an ebony and bone locked down. I am actually excited for this release. I’ve been waiting on new pics for like 3 weeks now. I’m sure some are piling on this release hoping to get rich. Gonna be a lot of combs sitting in safes.

I can't wait to see how these things are received and how many will be Frankensteined into two bladed knives...

I doubt vey many get modified...most of these won't be users so that's keeps them out of the universe of knives to be modified and those who are concerned about value BUT still plan on using likewise won't modify. I bet less than 20 or so...if that many get modified. Over the several years TCs were made, how many were modified? Probably well less than 50 and most of those were the BF version....AND the mods typically on TCs were adding crown lifters not subtracting blades. Again, I'm back to the beanie baby analogy...people are not buying because this is a great knife (it might be, we just don't know yet), they are buying because of the hype.

Back