#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Just got mine in, time for some dried jalapeno sausage
2yFBmqA.jpg

To prove its a strainer here is the BRRT on a shaker
C6BdTb4.jpg

You also need the strainer for adding the dirty to a dirty martini. Hold the olives in the jar but splash the juice. Or for my preference. A 50-50 gin-vodka Gibson with twisty onion soaked in vermouth. You have to hold all those extra onions back while splashing in the vermouth on top....

One nice thing about these, at least from the looks of them, the fork and brrt sit so low and almost flush in the handle it seems like it would be very comfortable using it as a knife.

Do we have an alert thread anywhere for drops/releases? Is that in the GBU somewhere? Been a while since I missed something I’d like to try and don’t want to wrankle rule feathers here. :)

Nobody asked for it so here it is. Things I find interesting about the beer & sausage knife. First I think I read a few times that all the blades have half stops. The comb doesn’t but the others do. It’s such a light pull and short cam it’s more of a half slowdown. I’m also not sure but this may be one of the few times when a pattern has half stops on one model and cams on another, as the original Churchill had cams on both blades. The only difference between the 53 and 54 that I’m aware of is half stops and cams.
0CB00CE9-DBC9-4EB4-B146-2B1BE8EC498A.jpeg CD4AA802-6C5D-4523-B2A5-B81726FEFC48.jpeg
The other thing I find interesting is that in order to get more of the tones to fit the got rid of the ramp on the back spring that covers the pin so when you look down in it you can see a small part of the pin just on that side though. I just think it’s a cool bit of design and planning that I don’t think goes into a lot of things these days, they could have had a slightly shorter comb and used the same die for all the back springs.
49C1FB2A-76D7-4A1C-A36B-80EA03A75331.jpeg

J jsdistin - Interesting observations on the BRR. I’ve oiled and flushed mine and some of the “mush” in action has been significantly reduced. My BRR definitely has a half stop action. As I open the comb it snaps into the 1/2 open position. Additional pressure snaps into the full open. Same action while closing. (Snap may be an exaggerated description, but there is a very discernible spring and stop during the open and close process). So my question to those far more knowledgeable than me - what’s it called when a blade/tool has a cam but action is consistent with a half stop?

Back