#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

It sounds like an eccentric cam. It can be shaped to almost be square.

Last edited:
Pull on the BRR is much lighter than the pull on the main blade and fork/opener.

J jsdistin - Interesting observations on the BRR. I’ve oiled and flushed mine and some of the “mush” in action has been significantly reduced. My BRR definitely has a half stop action. As I open the comb it snaps into the 1/2 open position. Additional pressure snaps into the full open. Same action while closing. (Snap may be an exaggerated description, but there is a very discernible spring and stop during the open and close process). So my question to those far more knowledgeable than me - what’s it called when a blade/tool has a cam but action is consistent with a half stop?
Mine does the same, but the stop is not flat so it wobbles back and fourth. It’s just odd to me, I haven’t seen it before.

A lot nicer than expected.
The comb/strainer is really thin and could easily be looked over as it so flush against the side.
Good overall size.
Blades have nice walk and talk- a bit lite but not bad. Strainer is very lite but since it’s not a main blade it doesn’t bother me.

Now some compression pics with its older, better looking cousin :D
OZvfD31.jpg

CpHv7P5.jpg

TUuNLzx.jpg

PnU8QhL.jpg

oe34lyi.jpg

Vid of BRR action.

Wow. Mine has the rounded half stop also, but seems to have much more distance in the travel.

Pull on the BRR is much lighter than the pull on the main blade and fork/opener.

Yes. I’d say the blade is a 4, the fork a 5, and the comb a light 3. But they all have snap actually.

One thing I really like about it is how low profile really all the tools are, but especially the fork and comb. They don’t interfere with grip at all. Also, I was kinda sad to see they went with a long pull, but it has more exposure and is easier to access than I expected.

You’re action is way, way better than mine.

Did you flush yours out? I didn’t get to that yet. Actually I may not as this one may go to a buddy.

I did flush mine out and the action on the BRR has become more “assertive”.

Mine does the same, but the stop is not flat so it wobbles back and fourth. It’s just odd to me, I haven’t seen it before.
The S&M Heritage series premium stockman has those type of half stops. Kind of a casual half stop if you will.

It sounds like an eccentric cam. It can be shaped to almost be square.

IMO if the tang 90 degrees from full open, or full closed, is crowned, or a lobe, it isn't a half stop..... A half stop should be a flat which forces the backspring to RISE if the blade is moved either direction from the 90 degree position.... This is why it is called a stop..... It stops the blade in a specific position.....

A lot nicer than expected.
The comb/strainer is really thin and could easily be looked over as it so flush against the side.
Good overall size.
Blades have nice walk and talk- a bit lite but not bad. Strainer is very lite but since it’s not a main blade it doesn’t bother me.

Now some compression pics with its older, better looking cousin :D
OZvfD31.jpg

CpHv7P5.jpg

TUuNLzx.jpg

PnU8QhL.jpg

oe34lyi.jpg

that’s gotta be some of the best sawcut bone GEC ever turned out

Back