#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

This just happened.

3Iemlj0.jpg

P824Mj5.jpg

3/16" more in width would be a lot! :eek:

1/50" isn't quite as much! But it is possibly noticeable in hand.

I think that calculation's a bit off, I believe the difference is a bit less that 1/32".

Eric

I think it would be about 1/3 of 1/16 of an inch.... :D How's my math?

I'm glad I didn't do any monetary transactions today! :eek: Somehow the approx .020" difference got changed into 0.20" in my head. :oops::rolleyes: Count your change! :D

don't know which thread to post this in so.

Z9XQ2uW.jpg
Amazing GEC wavy jigging ! I use to pass on yellow brown knives , I have so many yellow edged brown knives. I bought brown knives based on the jigging more that the color. I keep my knives ,blade track up side by side spread out all over my bed together. One day I put each woods , Sambar stags , micartas and different bone colors together on their "flat side" on my spare bed. (50 GEC knives at the time) Man those different brown colors looked so cute together. I'll never complain about too many brown/yellow bone colors being made ever again. This Maher & Grosh #35 "The Trapper $1.50" Antique Yellow wavy pick bone is amazing ! My two M&G bones should be here soon. I wanted to buy the woods too , but I am saving for the GEC#74 Arizona iron-wood Mustang knives instead. All the up coming #74s will be amazing. I have been waiting for the "right" brown burlap micarta knife for a long time. Everybody is sweating it out for the CKs #74 pre-order. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I will apply oil on the blade M&G etching with my finger and never use a cloth. The M&G etching will slowly fade and patina with EDC pocket use. My knives and guns are packed up, right now. House repairs are going on. I talk to my babies while cleaning and oiling them. I miss them. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! (Mail Call 10.40AM) My GEC H23316 Cougar Clawed jigged bone , Ebony-wood #35 B&S knife , and an OKCA members' beaver hat are here. Gunstock Jacks -- Mr. Barry always takes good care of my knife needs. He was my first GEC (GEC#44s) dealer purchase. Mr. Barry supports BladeForms and he rocks. I got knives to clean , oil , kiss , and talk to now ! Yeeeee ! Haw !

Amazing GEC wavy jigging ! I use to pass on yellow brown knives , I have so many yellow edged brown knives. I bought brown knives based on the jigging more that the color. I keep my knives ,blade track up side by side spread out all over my bed together. One day I put each woods , Sambar stags , micartas and different bone colors together on their "flat side" on my spare bed. (50 GEC knives at the time) Man those different brown colors looked so cute together. I'll never complain about too many brown/yellow bone colors being made ever again. This Maher & Grosh #35 "The Trapper $1.50" Antique Yellow wavy pick bone is amazing ! My two M&G bones should be here soon. I wanted to buy the woods too , but I am saving for the GEC#74 Arizona iron-wood Mustang knives instead. All the up coming #74s will be amazing. I have been waiting for the "right" brown burlap micarta knife for a long time. Everybody is sweating it out for the CKs #74 pre-order. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I will apply oil on the blade M&G etching with my finger and never use a cloth. The M&G etching will slowly fade and patina with EDC pocket use. My knives and guns are packed up, right now. House repairs are going on. I talk to my babies while cleaning and oiling them. I miss them. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! (Mail Call 10.40AM) My GEC H23316 Cougar Clawed jigged bone , Ebony-wood #35 B&S knife , and an OKCA members' beaver hat are here. Gunstock Jacks -- Mr. Barry always takes good care of my knife needs. He was my first GEC (GEC#44s) dealer purchase. Mr. Barry supports BladeForms and he rocks. I got knives to clean , oil , kiss , and talk to now ! Yeeeee ! Haw !
Ken, in my mind we are sitting on the "porch" and you run up and say all of this to us without taking a breath.:D:p

Anyone. Anyone have an extra?

There’s a decent chance I will when the dust settles. I had reserved all 3 but just passed on the ebony in favor of the jigged bone and already have a micarta. Assuming there are no snafus I’m thinking I’ll let the micarta go. This isn’t my favorite pattern or blade type and I have a M&G, a Damascus and an original Churchill, I don’t really need multiples.
Ken, in my mind we are sitting on the "porch" and you run up and say all of this to us without taking a breath.:D:p
And then runs away jumps in the air and knocks his heels together on his way to go fishing with meako.

I’m confused why GEC did a short run of these, at 400 each a cover. I thought with no SFOs they would be producing more. I simply got lucky, got the notification to pre order just as I was on break at work. I was also lucky enough to get a second canvas micarta from another shop for a buddy of mine who doesn’t get on BF anymore.

At least for those that really want it, it is on eBay. When I first started buying GEC I bought many northwoods on eBay since I couldn’t get them anymore. At the time I was kinda upset I was paying $250-275 for Fremont jacks and delta jacks, $200 for brand new beer scouts.... Now that price considered low.
So what I’m saying is, I wouldn’t wait too long if this beer & sausage is calling your name because eventually the eBay sales will dwindle and they will only be found randomly for even more money.

typing this while kicking myself in the jibs for all the GEC I’ve sold and I’ll only get back if I’m fast enough and lucky enough or want to pay double.

I’m confused why GEC did a short run of these, at 400 each a cover. I thought with no SFOs they would be producing more. I simply got lucky, got the notification to pre order just as I was on break at work. I was also lucky enough to get a second canvas micarta from another shop for a buddy of mine who doesn’t get on BF anymore.

At least for those that really want it, it is on eBay. When I first started buying GEC I bought many northwoods on eBay since I couldn’t get them anymore. At the time I was kinda upset I was paying $250-275 for Fremont jacks and delta jacks, $200 for brand new beer scouts.... Now that price considered low.
So what I’m saying is, I wouldn’t wait too long if this beer & sausage is calling your name because eventually the eBay sales will dwindle and they will only be found randomly for even more money.

typing this while kicking myself in the jibs for all the GEC I’ve sold and I’ll only get back if I’m fast enough and lucky enough or want to pay double.

FWIW, they're going for even more than I thought on that auction site now.

This thread seems to be the de facto #35 thread for 2020 - despite the specific title. I love the #35 pattern and always kick myself for not getting more of the Churchill variants in 2017. However, I did get one in Ebony and had the previous year's forum knife already. I've been able to add a couple of the M&G Trappers to the mix and now I have a rather modest, albeit handsome, assortment.

These M&G knives are truly something special. I love rat tail bolsters, it provides a pleasingly tactile grip when using the knife and it looks darned good as well. That, paired with a classic etch, useful blades, handsome cover options, and a bowtie shield, these make for an excellent package.

QK2Kx6y.jpg

tTkAuFK.jpg

Back